Bad artifacting leads to BSOS or hard reset.

Started by Zulli85, March 01, 2010, 11:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulli85

Quote from: cloak123 on March 04, 2010, 12:30:36 AM

Quit the game first, then look under your My Documents/Starcraft II Beta folder, you should find a Variables.txt file there. You can open this file with your favorite text editor such as Notepad, and add the following line:

frameratecapglue=30 (Menu's)
frameratecap=60 (Everything else)

This will cap your framerate to 60 in the game, which should give your videocard some breathing room. You can put any number, see if a lower number like 30 helps as well, though you will lose framerate.

This is only a temporary workaround, an upcoming patch will have an automatic solution for everyone.

Hope this helps!

Nice, I'll give that a shot. Do I have to have the (Menu's) and (Everything else) texts there or just what you bolded? Does it matter where the lines are located? Thanks for your help!

cloak123

no it does not matter and if your using the latest nvidea drivers id suggested revering back a version As Sc2 has been having some problems with it as of lately

Zulli85

Quote from: cloak123 on March 04, 2010, 11:24:57 PM
no it does not matter and if your using the latest nvidea drivers id suggested revering back a version As Sc2 has been having some problems with it as of lately

Word? What version would you recommend? Got any links with people having similar problems? Thanks again.

cloak123

costaastaroth

It's a general problem regarding NVidia drivers. Do not instal nvidia ver 192.75 driver, some say that burned their video cards, unninstal if you have this driver and downgrade to 192.21. So staying up tp date with drivers....is not always the smartest thing to do.

cloak123

Quote from: costaastaroth on March 05, 2010, 01:30:23 PM
It's a general problem regarding NVidia drivers. Do not instal nvidia ver 192.75 driver, some say that burned their video cards, unninstal if you have this driver and downgrade to 192.21. So staying up tp date with drivers....is not always the smartest thing to do.

its the 193 Video card drivers. Ill make a topic soon with all the links to revert

Zulli85

Oh ok, I actually never upgraded to those drivers so they have had no effect on me.