StarCrack ALLin1 (OFFICIAL) (site moved read last post for new links!)

Started by BoBoStariaN, March 01, 2010, 03:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

linesis

Hello, good evening. Referring to the error of ordering the replay I'll try to suggest a simple idea that should solve the problem. I do not know with what programming language you work but I think my idea solves the problem perfectly. Before you make the change to order the replay list was right in reverse order from oldest to youngest. Based on this what would be my suggestion. It's simple. You get the files as you were getting before playing in a list temporary and after playing all files in a list that will be the order of oldest to youngest you reverse the list and play in LISTBOX (do not know what the correct name in the. net).

//------------------------------------
/ / algorithm possible before the change
while (! FILE-> EOF) {/ / You were playing right into the listbox and displaying to the user.
    LISTBOX-> ADD (FILE-> NAME);
    FILE-> NEXT;
}

//------------------------------------
/ / new algorithm
while (! FILE-> EOF) {/ / Here the idea is to play in a list in memory
    LIST-> ADD (FILE-> NAME);
    FILE-> NEXT;
}

LIST-> REVERSE / / Reverse the list
LIST-> FIRST / / takes the first position (which was the last)
while (! LIST-> EOF) {/ / Add the LISTBOX VALUE
    LISTBOX->ADD(LIST-> Value);
    LIST-> NEXT;
}

I think you tried to use methods of sorting based on date and name of the file. But I think that this simple method solves the problem and left the replays on the agenda right size. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you. Congratulations on an excellent project.

berrykerry789

there is are several threads in the ai section with strategy ai and other ais.  All of them seem to be harder to beat than 7.0.  strategy ai even micros its damaged marines. 
Carrier Has Arrived...

sedusg

OK.
Finally I found what caused "SC2.exe stop working" when I try to launch SC2 with allin1.
allin1 detect windows region set and start with that region.
However,I am running SC2 en-US version in zh-CN region.
When I set windows region to en-US,the problem is gone.
But I need to work in zh-CN region.
SO I suggest allin1 add a feature "SC2 region select".
Thanks.

Vernam7

hello guys

first off all thank you for the feedback

now lets answer each one of you:

1)the replays order was working in the 1st releases from older to newest because i didnt even sort them, it was sorted by the file name, and that was easy-default, now that the filenames can change i am sorting them otherwize, and i have replaced the stupid list with an explorer treeview that should have 2 columns name and date creation so should be working like in windows perfect, this will go live probably before Easter not sure because i am making HUGE skin changes right now with the help of the talanted Sindrom.

2)about the strategy AI i will support the old way of difficulties so strategy AI will be supported, but i may not included out of the box as i do with the starcrack ai.

3)about the region problem, the tool dosnt change anything, i use Greek region in US windows 7 and works just fine,\something wrong with nz region maybe by windows??

sedusg

Maybe you can try change region to zh-CN.
The difference is bigger than you expected.
I am using win7 32bit.
When I set win7 region to zh-CN,the loading stage is what lazy town looks like(no Logo).
to en-US,the loading stage is stage bar with "Wings of Liberty" logo.
allin1 do not change region.
But I suppose it makes SC2.exe think I am running SC2 zh-CN version.
However I am running en-US version.
Of course,lacking of files for zh-CN version will abort SC2.exe.

Vernam7

Quote from: sedusg on March 30, 2010, 06:07:37 AM
Maybe you can try change region to zh-CN.
The difference is bigger than you expected.
I am using win7 32bit.
When I set win7 region to zh-CN,the loading stage is what lazy town looks like(no Logo).
to en-US,the loading stage is stage bar with "Wings of Liberty" logo.
allin1 do not change region.
But I suppose it makes SC2.exe think I am running SC2 zh-CN version.
However I am running en-US version.
Of course,lacking of files for zh-CN version will abort SC2.exe.

to be honest i dint quit understand you  O:)

but i will do some test and i will force the application to chnage region to US when hitting start and then undo it

sedusg

:thumbsup:
Thanks.
Force to en-US may be a way.
I suggest that as I found "Starcraft II - Beta Launcher 0.27" has that feature and it rocks. ::)

Vernam7

Quote from: sedusg on March 30, 2010, 09:14:50 AM
:thumbsup:
Thanks.
Force to en-US may be a way.
I suggest that as I found "Starcraft II - Beta Launcher 0.27" has that feature and it rocks. ::)

well there is no special code in that tool trust me, just poor...... oh well dont make be sound cocky again  ;)
i will see this is indeed the problem or something that looks like this

ringlas

Vernam, you know I've sticked with you since the beginning and you have my admirations!  8)

I wanted to tell you that I also support adding of Strategy AI, its quite good to play, for now it's way better than Starcrack's in terms of difficulty (not by cheating). The problem is that it is a Chinese AI, its support is in Chinese (I can't say anything about it I heard about it on this site) and only thorough this forum we receive the updates. However, I think it's really good and for now - the best when it comes to strategies, micro, macro, etc.  

Vernam7

Quote from: ringlas on March 30, 2010, 01:30:47 PM
Vernam, you know I've sticked with you since the beginning and you have my admirations!  8)

I wanted to tell you that I also support adding of Strategy AI, its quite good to play, for now it's way better than Starcrack's in terms of difficulty (not by cheating). The problem is that it is a Chinese AI, its support is in Chinese (I can't say anything about it I heard about it on this site) and only thorough this forum we receive the updates. However, I think it's really good and for now - the best when it comes to strategies, micro, macro, etc. 

well if i have someone that can provide me with the updates need it for this strategy AI i would gladly included it.
pm so that we can work together on this. my new partner ;-)

Vernam7

next version Terran Skin Preview (not finished)
skins will support ambient sounds and effects!

(tnx Sindrome)

sedusg

For simple understand,Here is sample of different loading screens:
SC2 allin1 with windows region at zh-CN

and

SC2 allin1 with windows region at en-US

berrykerry789

Quote from: sedusg on March 31, 2010, 04:38:40 AM
For simple understand,Here is sample of different loading screens:
SC2 allin1 with windows region at zh-CN

and

SC2 allin1 with windows region at en-US

i get that blue screen too when loading... but its not that big of a deal. 
Carrier Has Arrived...

berrykerry789

will the launcher support support ais that do not have a mpdata file?  For example, ghost ai, another very good ai, but requires replacing a lot of files in the starcraft 2 folder. 
Carrier Has Arrived...

Vernam7

the next verions will support firstly the strategy AI and starcrack ai vxxx,

now about the loading screens its very clear that the tools fails to properly edit the map file and load the game because with different localization some path character in the appdata directory are changing!

i am positive that ther must be non latin characters in your paths and this is why the tool cant find the right path to edit the correct files, loading screens and map settings!

i will force the us-en region on startup and this will be solved ;-)
i may need you first to beta test it so pm me.