Evil Protoss Visual Mod

Started by coolflip, March 24, 2010, 03:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolflip

So, here is my first attempt at any visual mod (ever), it makes the protoss look more badass than ever. Just about every beam/laser/protoss effect that had a blue or purple tint, is now a red tint. This goes for every ranged attack, explosions, warp-ins, etc...

Here are two pictures:

and another:

Just install into your main Sc2 Directory, if this is to complicated, read the readme in the rar file.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mn1oztovmyz

v2 Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mytmmtgmgt1    Now contains random_User12's mod, so you don't need to download and install both to get the complete badassness of our mods together

I would like to give my special thanks to random_user12 without who's tutorial, this would not be possible, and by the way, my mod looks TOTALLY BADASS (not shown in these pictures, to avoid confusion) with his. Just hit overwrite all if you install both of ours, as they are in the same directory. Check his mod out at:
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/general-discussion/dark-protoss-visual-mod/

starscraft-2-fan

dude this visual mod is great i like it combined with the dark protoss mod they just seem god like whith these mods i love the way everything loos when it attacks :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig:

coolflip

Quote from: starscraft-2-fan on March 24, 2010, 06:10:34 PM
dude this visual mod is great i like it combined with the dark protoss mod they just seem god like whith these mods i love the way everything loos when it attacks :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig:

Yea, that's by far the best part about it, I think im going to ask the guy if i could just pack his mod into mine, as it looks about 50x better with his

random_user12

Quote from: coolflip on March 24, 2010, 07:18:09 PM

Yea, that's by far the best part about it, I think im going to ask the guy if i could just pack his mod into mine, as it looks about 50x better with his

yeah, go ahead pack them together.

coolflip

Quote from: random_user12 on March 24, 2010, 07:34:02 PM

Sweet, thanks

starscraft-2-fan

Quote from: coolflip on March 24, 2010, 07:40:17 PM
Quote from: random_user12 on March 24, 2010, 07:34:02 PM

Sweet, thanks
u should pack his new frozen zerg into it when he is done with it all we need is for u to make a mod for the zergs attacks if u want :thumbsup:

MrMagoo22

Really liking the different appearances for the weapon attacks, but the changes to the UI are kind of distracting. Could you perhaps release a version where the User Interface is unchanged but the unit attacks are still cool looking?

coolflip

Quote from: MrMagoo22 on March 24, 2010, 07:55:46 PM
Really liking the different appearances for the weapon attacks, but the changes to the UI are kind of distracting. Could you perhaps release a version where the User Interface is unchanged but the unit attacks are still cool looking?

Ah, I could easily upload a new pack without the ui changes, but it would just be much simpler to tell you how to delete them. Just go into Assets/Textures and delete anything that starts with "btn", "icon" or "ui" and launch the game again!

MrMagoo22

Quote from: coolflip on March 24, 2010, 08:31:18 PM

Ah, I could easily upload a new pack without the ui changes, but it would just be much simpler to tell you how to delete them. Just go into Assets/Textures and delete anything that starts with "btn", "icon" or "ui" and launch the game again!

Thank you very much. The mod looks awesome  :jig: .

coolflip

Quote from: MrMagoo22 on March 24, 2010, 09:42:54 PM
Quote from: coolflip on March 24, 2010, 08:31:18 PM

Thank you very much. The mod looks awesome  :jig: .

Your welcome, and make sure you get v2 (can't remember if i already posted it by the time you came in)