Blank screen and boxy sphere at loadup

Started by Hildalgo, March 27, 2010, 08:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hildalgo

Hey, I've been playing starcraft 2 with Valkyries launcher for some time and it's been working perfectly fine until i got 0.25, now when ever i start the game, the map is blank and the hud is all messed up, and then when i start the official game, the background is a big blocky white sphere, and theres no music. I reinstalled the game 3 times, each time trying with the previous launcher, and always AFTER i use the launcher the main screen becomes a big blocky sphere. Does anyone know how to fix this? or whats doing it? Thanks.
Nature doesn't just adapt. Nature cheats, changes the rules, and slips out the back door with your wallet while you're still trying to figure out what the hell happened.

enjoikr3w

Does the problem go away when you open without the launcher?

Hildalgo

Quote from: enjoikr3w on March 29, 2010, 02:22:11 PM
Does the problem go away when you open without the launcher?

When i open the official game to login to battle net the background is a big white sphere and there is no sound, also when i go into game the hud is all black and messed up and the screen is pitch black.
Nature doesn't just adapt. Nature cheats, changes the rules, and slips out the back door with your wallet while you're still trying to figure out what the hell happened.

Cealin

Although I think the following solution is for a different problem:

You are not running the nvidia 197.13 drivers right? They give a lot of problems for many people.

Hildalgo

Quote from: Cealin on March 29, 2010, 07:19:36 PM

Although I think the following solution is for a different problem:

You are not running the nvidia 197.13 drivers right? They give a lot of problems for many people.

No, i have a ATI Radeon 4870HD 1gb.

Hildalgo

Quote from: ProzaicMuze on March 30, 2010, 12:53:10 AM
It's your Base.SC2data files.  Either quickly reinstall the beta or figure out which file you replaced on accident.

Where can i find the base.sc2data files to download? Because it seems the launcher edits them or something.

Hildalgo

I didn't edit the base.sc2 files at all because the AI is in a separate folder.