strange things

Started by harder, July 24, 2010, 07:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harder

today i got 3 names twice on 2 different accounts (on 2 different pcs / ips)

i can enter the chat or a game with both of them, just not at the same time.
once a name is in channel the twin gets "player not found"
when im ingame with a char the other one gets a fail to join

anyone else experienced this?

cHip

Realms act totally separate from battle.net.  When your in a game, you're not using battle.net (per say).

In the same token, you can not sign into a realm with the same name.

It is possible to transfer your own items with yourself as long as you have 2 keys and a way to load 2 instances of the game (d2loader, two computers, etc)

Once you log in to b.net with Name1, you choose your char Name1.blah1 and make a game.  Technically b.net doesnt care about you at this point, rather the realms takes over. You can now sign into Name1 again and enter b.net as normal, but you cant choose Name1.blah1; but if you choose Name1.blah2-8, it will work fine (in game, not battle.net channel)

On a side note, dont search for the same names on 2 different accounts... thats just redundant - and will cause issues like this...

Hope that sums it up

harder

well, what i wrote was more like a description of the thing i experienced.

the problem/question i have is more like why can i create some names multiple times. i thought the database wouldnt allow double names at all. and how about my other names, maybe someone else has some of them also...

Myst

Are you saying that your one bncs account, the account you use to log into battle.net , share the same character name?

harder

i got the same name on two different accounts

*acc1 charname1
*acc2 charname1

both chars are working, just not at the same time

btw got already 4 different pairs of these "twins" today

Myst

Seems like a very interesting fluke.

cHip

Your saying, you are using 2 different computers / ips.. Are you using the same password to create the names?

If you create "name1" on 1 computer...
Computer 2 comes on and tries to make "name1" with the same password...

WHY are you doing this!?

Myst

it shouldn't matter, the mcp server should return a "name is already created" response if the character already exists.  Having the same character on two different accounts as he depicts is odd

harder

anyone else running east?
i keep getting double names there...