StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sieglol

very nice AI gj
cheating version is really giving me problems atm, I need a semi-hard AI  :D only 1.5x minerals.

2g4u

Judging by the time that Turd spent making the 7th version of his AI, I can tell you one thing - It will be worthy enough. When it is released there will be a lot of ppl crying "Can we get an easier AI?" or "WTF, I didn't expect harassment or drop ?!?" Keep up the good work we are impatiently waiting for the next better version :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

dantemp

Quote from: 2g4u on March 17, 2010, 03:27:53 PM
Judging by the time that Turd spent making the 7th version of his AI, I can tell you one thing - It will be worthy enough. When it is released there will be a lot of ppl crying "Can we get an easier AI?" or "WTF, I didn't expect harassment or drop ?!?" Keep up the good work we are impatiently waiting for the next better version :)

Maybe he is just taking a break. He deserves it for sure!

turdburgler

Quote from: Sieglol on March 17, 2010, 12:57:55 PM
very   nice AI gj
cheating version is really giving me problems atm, I   need a semi-hard AI  :D only 1.5x minerals.

It's going to be very easy to customise difficulty in 7.0 (pun intended  :whistle: )

Quote from: dantemp on March 17, 2010, 03:46:54 PM
Maybe he is   just taking a break. He deserves it for sure!

Turdburgler never sleeps, he's always waiting, watching.

algernon

cheating Ai 6.1.1 is awesome. So far, i can only beat the first wave of enemies before succumbing to inevitable defeat.

Good work  :thumbsup: 

itsarabbit

Quote from: turdburgler on March 17, 2010, 05:52:25 PM
Turdburgler never sleeps, he's always waiting, watching.
Soo, you're not working on the AI?
anyways, gonna look at the preview now, and I'll edit this post in a min :)
EDIT: Looks worthy enough, and good to hear it will use Chrono boost, etc well :)
I also like the adjustable difficulty, as I would get my ass kicked for sure if there wasn't that option.
Want Beta key! :D

masky007

QuoteVersion 7.0   Preview:

• Reactive AI. AI   will understand different strategies and how to counter them.
  • Attack   code overhaul. AI will understand which units are good for what and   will use them accordingly. For example, if he masses marines and   marauders as well as a few reapers, he'll use the reapers to attack your   workers while attacking you at the front with MMs.
  • Unit logic   overhaul. Individual units are now less stupid. SCVs repair damaged   buildings and stanks (in the heat of battle  ;) ). Queen uses creep tumors,   terran buildings lift off when taking damage from ground units. The list   goes on.
  • Customizable difficulty. You will now be able to   modify the difficulty easily. This won't only be APM changes and mineral   bonuses. Setting the AI to easy mode will mean he'll be slower to   counter, he might forget to counter, he won't reach saturation as fast,   he won't mass as many units. All of these options will be open to the   end user.
  • Many, many more additions and modifications.

Sounds promising!!

however i would like to add an idea..
if it is possible to gather all AI builders in one place and make one big fuckin scary interesting AI opponent. :)
the boring thing with AI is that he uses almost the same approach, what would make AI interesting is to think diferently every time its played.. different approach.. so what i say .. to get some more AI and cmobine them with your AI somehow if it is possible ;)..
let me give you an example..
first game:
i start and i go for roaches. he inspects me and use some strategy to counter me somehow ok.. lets say he goes on stalkers...
second game:
i start and i go for roaches. he inspects me and use some ANOTHER strategy now to counter me... mmm lets say he goes for mass air or something.. dunno.

that would make the AI much much interesting..

Sieglol

I was finally able to beat the Protoss Cheating AI  ;D
It was really hard and after a LOT of tries using different strategies I   finally did it. The AI with his unlimited resources was countering all   my units. When I tried to mass roaches, the AI did mass immortal, when I tried mutas the ai did phoenixes/stalker spam, when I tried a mixed army of roach/lings/hidras the ai did a bunch of Colossus with immortals   to defend them, and when I tried banelings/zerglins/spinecrawlers/roach the ai just annihilated them with his superior army.
GJ to the devs of this AI!

But after all that I managed to defeat it.
It was an epic 35min battle on Twilight fortress, in which probably is the easiest map to play against a cheating AI.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zqncynwjz05

(I know I'm not a pro or even close, but this was one of my best games   against a hard opponent that didn't gave me a minute to rest, so I felt   GREAT when the AI said: GG  :) )

SiLo

Definitely anxious to see all these changes!

I know you mentioned tons of changes and modifications and it would be a lot of work to list every single fix and change (if you could even remember all them). The one I am curious about is the AI defending from a high ground attack. I guess examples would be... early Reaper rush, Tank dropoff (a la Battle Report 4 I believe), or Stalker blink.

orbb24

Do these changes include having the AI do different openings?  I would like to see it sometimes go for a fast expand or just do a "standard" play. The constant 3 gate, 3 rax, fast pool openers get a little stale over time. Or maybe some how make it so the AI can cheese you?! That would be epic to be playing against an AI and see that he has a pylon and gateway warped outside my base. Regardless looking very forward to 7.0. You are great turd!

samuila

created an account just to do my share :)

stuff i noticed while observing a protoss vs terran, normal ai, lost temple

1) at the begining, both small armies start following eachother's scout, and meet somewhere in the middle. naturally, terran gets owned by protoss, (6 marines vs 5 zealots) and afterwards it goes downhill
2) terran keeps making a smallish army and goes after protoss, even if it gets defeated by a large army. ai doesn't remember the units his opponent has, and sends the next wave. i think if he's supposed to send 10 marines and you kill 3 of them before all are completed, he sends the rest of 7 anyway
3) when terran attacked the expo, protoss evacuated the workers, even if he could easily take out the attacker, and then some more. protoss just moved the workers outside his expo, not in his main, and waiting in the "safe zone". if there were another wave coming (2vs2) or some late units, the workers would have been slaughtered
4) ai seems to have a sweet spot for workers. when protoss cleaned up terran's base, he did not attack a single building while there were scv's in the base. also, he seems to pick some random scv and follow it around the base until it dies. not attacking the nearest.
5) when (terran) units come outside from the barracks, they seem oblivious that there is an attack going on. the keep going to the rally point and get slaughtered before firing a single round
6) terran rebuilding barracks in his expo while his base was under attack. when the army left, it cleared the expo, obviously
7) barracks rebuilt in his expo had the rally point in his main base, where the protoss army was.

thanks for all the hard work guys.

onimusha1985

i love u turdburgler and ur team. U GUYS ARE FUCKING AWSOME!!!! THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK!!! Extremely appreciated. CANNOt wait for 7.0!

DBke

Quote from: turdburgler on March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

StarCrack AI

StarCrack AI has been in development since the first AI hack was on the scene. Initially, it was a pretty hacked up version of the Blizzard "very easy" AI that would actually do more than build two marines that glare at you. Since then it has evolved into one of the leading AIs for StarCraft 2.

Version 7.0 Preview:

• Reactive AI. AI will understand different strategies and how to counter them.
  • Attack code overhaul. AI will understand which units are good for what and will use them accordingly. For example, if he masses marines and marauders as well as a few reapers, he'll use the reapers to attack your workers while attacking you at the front with MMs.
  • Unit logic overhaul. Individual units are now less stupid. SCVs repair damaged buildings and stanks (in the heat of battle  ;) ). Queen uses creep tumors, terran buildings lift off when taking damage from ground units. The list goes on.
  • Customizable difficulty. You will now be able to modify the difficulty easily. This won't only be APM changes and mineral bonuses. Setting the AI to easy mode will mean he'll be slower to counter, he might forget to counter, he won't reach saturation as fast, he won't mass as many units. All of these options will be open to the end user.
  • Many, many more additions and modifications.

Sounds good, looking forward to it, thanks for the awesome work.

CraniX

sexy , watched a live stream of this ai in action & its nice. can't wait to get my hands on this one ;)

Starcraft 2 Hacking Development
http://hackdev.easyforum.ru

DarkZeros

If you do all the thing you listed there (and i belive you will) and they work as they should, it will be perfect.

I don't know if I should drop my AI away :P