Amazing AI !! (try it out)

Started by Organized_Chaos, March 25, 2010, 08:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Organized_Chaos

Quote from: Split74 on March 27, 2010, 09:44:03 AM

Hmm, it really all depends on the loader you're using.  Which one are you using?  Just get Valkirie's new loader.

I think most people are using loaders that require the full Base.SC2Data files, instead of just the TriggerLibs folder for the AIs... that's one of the reasons I started the new thread - I took the original TriggerLib folders and made them all into separate Base files for all the people that don't know how to use the MPQ editor.

yes i'm using valkirie's new loader 0.25 there something wrong with the easy ai in base.sc2data cuz the vision only ai work fine really dunno why

Hmm, I dunno - I've only used the vision only version - I think it's just about perfect in terms of difficulty. 

As I've said before, I think resource cheating AIs are pointlessly overpowered, and on the other end of the spectrum, the "easy" AIs are always TOO easy! 

I'd just stick with the vision only!   :thumbsup:

DarkZeros

I must admit, this AI is extremely well done (not very well coded because it tis a messs xD) but the results are perfect.

The idea of coding the 9 different tipes of combat (TvT, TvZ, ...) is VERY good.
The next step of this AI, is to code a cooperation mode, so it wll help the other team members.

The rest, its just PERFECT.

I'm a noob playing SC2, and this AI always beat me :S

enjoikr3w

I was very surprised when I got reaper harassed. Like everyone else said, this AI feels a lot more like you are playing a human (although less skilled human). I noticed the AI doesn't take out destructible rocks and instead goes around them.

StubbornRock

1st, I would like to thanks Organized Chaos and the Chinese team who made this AI.
2nd, I have to express my opinions about it. This AI is truly amazing, it is almost like you are playing with a human being. Couple of the most remarkable things about this AI are that they know how to harass (especially terran) and when to switch its units to counter the player. With Terran as my main race, I was able to beat it, and the AI will always brings me a exciting match. However as a novice Protoss player, the AI owns me every time.
This AI is the best AI so far for me. Strongly recommended if u are still playing with starcrack 6.1.1 (I felt v7.0 is even easier than 6.1.1).
Because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence.

samamanjaro

Wow, I played 1 v 2 thinking I could beat them easily. First wave... Pretty easy (also both teams worked together). Then second wave... THORS?!?!? I just got destroyed. Great ai!

chcomunky

Quick question, in the money cheat, should I be seeing him get twice as many minerals in the replay?

Besides that, it's an ok AI if you want to play a long game and don't attack for a bit. It's only a pity that it's easily killed with a strong mid game push (stim M&M, ghost M&M, roach-hydra, 2nd colossus, 3 immortal etc.) It's very good to practice your harass management against on desert oasis if you play against terran.

Saffron

Yeah this AI is pretty crazy man. I suck hard at SC and this AI perpetually rapes my face. I did, however, manage to beat zerg as protoss yesterday. WEEOO :) But yeah I love this AI!

newbiz

Amazing AI !

I used to annihilate Starcrack v6/7 (and yeah, 7 is lot weaker than 6.1) but this AI is a real challenge!

B_w_S

Sorry that this post is more of the same. . . But this AI is simply the best of the best right now. :) I beat the Starcrack 7.0 every game and it didn't have a chance, but I have yet to beat this Strategy AI. (I play Toss) It's ability for harassment is amazing, especially as Terran. My only disappointment is that it maphacks and doesn't even pretend to scout. I think that this could be the next improvment.

B_w_S

Hmm..... I think I found a glitch in the programming. :-[ I was playing Twilight Fortress 2v2 with all Terrans. My ally built easily 3 dozen starports!  ??? I don't know. . . . Still won. . . . just a little weird. Still a great AI.

vash47

Second link doesn't work  :(

could somebody re-upload it?

Takoosh

Quote from: vash47 on March 31, 2010, 08:14:34 AM

If you'd like the latest version, see: http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-scripts/ghost-ai-and-strategy-ai-updated/

Have also attached Strategy AI v0.21 & v0.22 in case you really wanted v0.21 for some specific reason.

Redneck

Almost human! Though is there a way to take off the map vision????

Consty

since I couldn't duke this ai(semi cheating) out in a prolonged fight, tried reaper rushing it. got him on my second try :D

vash47

Quote from: Takoosh on March 31, 2010, 10:02:08 AM
Quote from: vash47 on March 31, 2010, 08:14:34 AM

If you'd like the latest version, see: http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-scripts/ghost-ai-and-strategy-ai-updated/

Have also attached Strategy AI v0.21 & v0.22 in case you really wanted v0.21 for some specific reason.
Thank you man.