So...any update on multiplayer?

Started by Mangala, February 28, 2010, 06:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangala

I know it's been like 10 days and we've gone ridiculously far (I didn't think hard AI would have been cracked nearly this fast  :D ) but since we have I was wondering if anyone's made any observations about what it would take to emulate a bnet server?  Does it look impossible? Is transmission encrypted? Would it take days, weeks, months or forever to emulate a server that linked two players together in a game?

I haven't heard much of an update since the beta first came out. Just curious...

2g4u

It will take some time having in mind that the whole concept of Battle.Net 2 is new even to Blizzard.

It will be a shot in the dark but I think that we will be able able to play P2P in around 2 weeks. As for full b.net emulation with match system, ranks, ratings, etc it will take 2-3 months, nothing is impossible, it just takes time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

ooni

Quote from: 2g4u on February 28, 2010, 06:48:50 PM
It will take some time having in mind that the whole concept of Battle.Net 2 is new even to Blizzard.

It will be a shot in the dark but I think that we will be able able to play P2P in around 2 weeks. As for full b.net emulation with match system, ranks, ratings, etc it will take 2-3 months, nothing is impossible, it just takes time.

If we had someone with beta key working on it, it wouldn't be a shot in the dark. x_x
The irony is people are working on this so that they would not need a beta key.

I can't wait until I can P2P xp. Close this topic plz, this topic isn't going anywhere and just looking at this will make any non-beta testers filled with grief.

btcs31

Quote from: Mangala on February 28, 2010, 06:41:35 PM
I know it's been like 10 days and we've gone ridiculously far (I didn't think hard AI would have been cracked nearly this fast  :D ) but since we have I was wondering if anyone's made any observations about what it would take to emulate a bnet server...

Well since you've gone ridiculously far in cracking the beta, why don't you tell us what your eta is on a server...