Did you know thread.

Started by itsarabbit, March 01, 2010, 01:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsarabbit

eg:
Did you know? You can use Stalker Blink to get to the middle island in Scrap Station, which is great for harassing.
Heehee, got it from HDStarcraft :).
Want Beta key! :D

chetjan

I did not know that. Does anyone else have cool facts, cause I seem not to know anything...

blood_hound

well i haven't tested this to the latest ai but..

did you know, that AI units doesn't attack Destructible Obstacles? (rocks that block the way) i fooled the zerglings after surviving the first attack, i had my CC uplifted and moved away (not really in plain site but they can spot me since my Base expansion is really narrow) i had my CC moved up to the upper expansion slot with 2 entrance (one to the rich mineral field and my original expansion slot) after the destruction of my buildings i had 2 of my scvs hidden in the bushes, then after that i landed my CC nearby the expansion slot.. built two SCVs, built barracks to destroy the rocks and rebuilt my army.. after an hour and a half in game the zergs and toss didn't seem to notice that and never disturbed me :D

thou they do know how to xpand :D

map - kulas ravine (3x)

the Humans are not EXTINCT!!!

Rain[sun]

Did you know I missed eating breakfast today?
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Gamewiz

Surprisingly, many people do not know that an Overlord is no longer a detector like in SC1. They must be upgraded individually into Overseers to have detection. ;)

Did you know that the "w" key will select ALL your warpgates allowing you to quickly call in reinforcements? No need to hotkey your warpgates!

Did you know that reapers are f**king awesome?!

itsarabbit

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 03, 2010, 12:41:09 AM
yup.

Did you know that my previous statement was false, as I tested it and it didn't work?

Gamewiz

Quote from: itsarabbit on March 03, 2010, 01:25:53 AM
yup.

Did you know that my previous statement was false, as I tested it and it didn't work?

Huh... really? I would've thought that it would've worked... Did you make sure that you had an observer to see the island? Stalkers cannot blink where they can't see.

Kingdom

Did you know that Void Rays are f**king awesome?!

itsarabbit

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 03, 2010, 10:20:46 AM
Quote from: itsarabbit on March 03, 2010, 01:25:53 AM
yup.

Huh... really? I would've thought that it would've worked... Did you make sure that you had an observer to see the island? Stalkers cannot blink where they can't see.
Ohright. XD
Ill try it out now.

itsarabbit

Needs to be bumped for people noticing(If they are wondering at all xP)
yup, confirmed it works.

chetjan

@Rain[sun] for some reason the complete and utter randomeness of your comment just made my day.

Rain[sun]

Quote from: chetjan on March 03, 2010, 05:30:29 PM
@Rain[sun] for some reason the complete and utter randomeness of your comment just made my day.

Win.
Probably because nobody else paid attention to it so you more than likely had to read it twice to make sure it really was there
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

itsarabbit

Did you know that you can put a rax between the stone and the very tall grass thingie(makes so you cannot see the other side), in the map blistering sands? found it out by myself last game :)

Gamewiz

Quote from: itsarabbit on March 04, 2010, 11:18:55 AM
Did you know that you can put a rax between the stone and the very tall grass thingie(makes so you cannot see the other side), in the map blistering sands? found it out by myself last game :)

If you are referring to rushing them by dropping a barracks behind that line of bushes inside their back door, then yes. However, that's a very risky maneuver and rarely works. Usually humans players (from what I've seen, and if they are smart) will already have something over there (like a supply depot or pylon, or a couple lings) to watch that back door. I know I do, and I'm only played against the computer lol.