StarCrack AI Official Feedback Thread (V5.5)

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 09:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetjan

@itsarabbit I like cheese. (including the starcraft ones your refering 2)

JPeterson

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 03, 2010, 04:38:16 PM
Please please please make the AI destroy rocks and things to get to other areas or expansions. Places like Kulas Ravine are so easily exploitable because the AI will *not* destroy rocks
There is no known way to make the AI do that. It will automatically destroy rocks that are in the way of the optimal hall placement. But they will not destroy any other rocks.

goosie

Quote from: JPeterson on March 03, 2010, 06:59:49 PM
Please please please make the AI destroy rocks and things to get to other areas or expansions. Places like Kulas Ravine are so easily exploitable because the AI will *not* destroy rocks
There is no known way to make the AI do that. It will automatically destroy rocks that are in the way of the optimal hall placement. But they will not destroy any other rocks.

Well it's technically possible to create a group of units and force them to destroy a neutral building at specific location but it would be too much work for a relatively small gain. Our AIs have bigger problems atm.

Gamewiz

Quote from: JPeterson on March 03, 2010, 06:59:49 PM

Damn...

Artanis186

Quote from: rackdude on March 03, 2010, 02:15:22 PM
Stats for probes:

12Probes: 457-533
16Probes: 629-686
20Probes: 725-781
22Probes: 743-819
+24Probes: 762-838+
26Probes: 762-838
30Probes: 781-857
34Probes: 781-857

You can 150 more per minute with the extra probes. Besides, by 18 probes you should have an expansion up.

Ah, statistics. Just what I like to see. Thanks, now that I know, I'll think otherwise when dealing with my Probe count. ^.^

Hades

Ai are scared of cannons... they go back and forth untill all units get destroyed.

:)

turdburgler

There's a wave type with something about destructuables, not sure what it does, but i'll look into it maybe.

Swarmling

also i just found out today i baeling rushed the terran main base amd it had 200 hp left and it was on fire... then after i was in my base getting more zerglings /baelings the pc said gg and i saw that hes command center blow up soo that means they dont repair be nice to see the air terran repair there buildings after a battle

silentbob

Do the 'Beta Offline AI Maps' use the 5.5 AI?

jawknee530

Any word on the eta of V6? Loving 5.5 just hoping for a step up in difficulty.

chikopaws

have anyone ever win against v5.5 cheating version??

RoarMan

Quote from: chikopaws on March 03, 2010, 09:26:42 PM
have anyone ever win against v5.5 cheating version??
Yes. 
I lost two games to it at first, but I found if I went a rush build order it did the trick.
The Love Machine.

ElvishSolution

Stomped the cheating version as Protoss, didn't try with Zerg, Terran I had to wall-in but wasn't too troubled at all.
Practice might make perfect, but some are good without it.

chikopaws

Quote from: RoarMan on March 03, 2010, 09:33:52 PM
Yes.
I lost two games to it at first, but I found if I went a rush build order it did the trick.
Quote from: ElvishSolution on March 03, 2010, 09:54:26 PM
Stomped the cheating version as Protoss, didn't try with Zerg, Terran I had to wall-in but wasn't too troubled at all.

Wow! so it's still beatable!!

I will try it myself. I wanna see how far my skill is  :D

godspiral

thanks and good work,

I liked how 5.1 cheating had a 1.5x mineral mode.  5.5 cheating is too strong for me.  5.5 (non-cheating) is strong and fun if you play to its strengths.  I'd emphasize  as a design goal, fun and variety rather than eliminating all possible abuses of the AI.

requests:
map hack and unlimited APM without mineral boost would be a fun mode.

1v2 melee maps (not FFA)