blizzard Sc1 pro league will still be better if you dont change a lot

Started by fade.fall., March 07, 2010, 03:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fade.fall.

blizzard im sure you check this forum out so i will post this here. i am currently a top 20 platinum player in the beta but i dont want ppl to know who i am cuz they will see most of my games are with a certain race and they will think i am biased. maybe ill post this in the main forum soon but i dont think i am biased to a certain race.

heres all my ideas in patchlist form. i honestly would like it if every idea was implemented but hopefully blizzard will like a few and consider a few

ill post my ideas in patch form and give my write up to why i feel this way after

ZERG:
-the spire can be upgraded to a greater spire without a hive. requires nothing but a spire

-corrupter moved to tier 3. now requires hive and spire to build
-corrupter no longer morphs into brood lord
-corrupter still costs 150min 100gas 2food
-corrupter stats are 200health 100mana (down from 200h/200m)
-corrupter anti air attack is still 12(+10 massive)
-corrupter now has a ground attack with 5 range that does 8 dmg (no bonus) at a firing rate slightly less than a unstimmed marine
-corrupter anti air attack places a "heavy damage" debuff for 2 seconds on any unit hit and each hit refreshes the debuff. additional corrupters attacking the same target can stack up their debuff to a max of 5 stacks. each stack of the "heavy damage" debuff reduces the movement speed of the unit by 2% and doubles for each stack to 4%, 8%, 16%, or 32% reduced movement speed at maximum 5 stacks. does not effect attack speed
-the range of corrupters "corruption" spell increased to 7 game units

-hydralisks now morph into brood lords for 200min/200gas (so 275min 225 gas total unit cost down from 300min/250gas) without needing an upgrade for this morphing ability. hydralisks require a greater spire and a hydralisk den to both be alive to morph into brood lords. stats of brood lords unchanged so they received a slight total cost reduction

-baneling health increased to 50 from 30

-overlords can now be upgraded to all have cloak detection. upgrade costs 400min/400gas at the lair. overseers still have natural cloak detection
-overlord speed upgrade reduced to 100min/100gas down from 150min/150gas
-overlord transport upgrade reduced to 100min/100gas down from 200min/200gas
-overseer upgrade reduced to 50min 50gas (from 50min/100gas) with slightly increased natural movespeed

-zerglings 20% attackspeed upgrade reduced to 100min/100gas (from 200min/200gas)

-neural parasite now has a casting range of 25 game units (over a screens length) but when casted it fully reveals the infestor to the enemy for 30 seconds
-fungal growth now does 1 dmg + 2% of the units maximum health in dmg every second (not including shields) rounded UP. so units with 1-50 health take 2 DPS (16 dmg), 51-100health take 3 dps (24 dmg), units with 101-150 health take 4 dps (32 dmg), units with 201-250 health take 6 dps (48 dmg). units with 501-550 health like battlecruisers take 12 dps (96 dmg). the spell still immobilizes all units hit and lasts for 8 seconds
-fungal growth area of effect slightly increased (i think 20% increase would be fine)
-fungal growth now has a cast range of 8 game units (up from 6 i think)
-energy cost of Terran Infestation reduced to 20 (from 25)
-infested terrans now pop out of their egg in 1 second (down from 5 seconds)
-infested terrans now last 60 seconds

-nydus networks now have 2000hp and a health regen rate of 10 hp per second, but once completed in construction they are forever completely revealed to your enemy along with a 1 game unit aoe around the nydus network is revealed to your enemy until it is destroyed
-all nydus worms owned by a zerg player are destroyed if that zerg player has no fully constructed nydus networks currently alive. nydus worms still have 250health and can be killed individually as well
-when a nydus network finishes all enemies are warned with a "nydus network detected" message

PROTOSS:

-chrono boost now lasts 90 seconds (up from 20 seconds) and accelerates buildings by 20% (down from 50%)
-chrono boost can now be cast on units and increases movement speed by 20% and their shield regeneration rate by 100% for 90 seconds
-chrono boost energy cost is increased to 30 (from 25)

- dark shrine is now cloaked while powered. while warping in it is cloaked too.

-pheonix attack changed to 13 dmg (+8 light) from 5 dmg (+5 light) x2
-pheonix anti air attack places a "heavy damage" debuff for 2 seconds on any unit hit and each hit refreshes the debuff. additional pheonixs attacking the same target can stack up their debuff to a max of 5 stacks. each stack of the "heavy damage" debuff reduces the movement speed of the unit by 2% and doubles for each stack to 4%, 8%, 16%, or 32% reduced movement speed at maximum 5 stacks. does not effect attack speed

-zealot shields increased to 60 (from 50)
-zealot charge upgrade reduced to 100min/100gas (from 200min/200gas)

-feedback now has a cast range of 25 game units (over a screen) but when used fully reveals the high templar to the enemy for 30 seconds
-feedback now costs 65 mana (up from 50)
-psi storm now has a cast range of 8 game units (up from 6 i think)
-psi storm now does 120 dmg over 6 seconds (up from 80 dmg over 4 seconds)
-psi storm now has a slightly increased aoe (i think 20% is ok)
-archon build time reduced to 5 seconds
-archon attack range increased to 3 game units

-warp gate upgrade is now called "hyperwarp capability"
-after researching hyperwarp capability, the protoss nexus, gateway, robotics facility, and stargate can be upgraded to hyperwarp structures. the gateway upgrades to the warp gate. the stargate upgrades to the fleet gate (or call it whatever u want blizzard)
-upgrading a building to a hyperwarp building costs 200min/200gas and takes 70 seconds. once the upgrade finishes the building can not return to its previous state
-once a building completes its upgrade to a hyperwarp version of itself, all enemies are warned with a "hyperwarp energy detected" warning and the hyperwarp building it is fully revealed to the enemy forever until it is destroyed. hyperwarp buildings have 100 more health and shields than their previous counterpart
-all hyperwarp buildings are able to warp-in units it could normally build, with zero cooldown on the warp ability but a increased cost of 40% min / gas for the unit. hyperwarp buildings can only warp in units, they can not build units normally.
-you can warp in 20 carriers in under 2 seconds with a fleet gate, however each carrier costs 40% more minerals and gas so use the ability wisely

TERRAN:
-vikings transform ability now takes 0.5 seconds to complete (down from 4 seconds)
-vikings health increased to 150 (from 125)
-vikings anti air attack places a "heavy damage" debuff for 2 seconds on any unit hit and each hit refreshes the debuff. additional vikings attacking the same target can stack up their debuff to a max of 5 stacks. each stack of the "heavy damage" debuff reduces the movement speed of the unit by 2% and doubles for each stack to 4%, 8%, 16%, or 32% reduced movement speed at maximum 5 stacks. does not effect attack speed

-ghosts cloak no longer drains energy, instead it only stops the ghost from creating more energy
-mana cost of snipe reduced to 20 (from 25). banshees cloak still drains mana.
-arming a nuclear silo now takes 45 seconds (down from 60)
-emp now has a cast range of 8 game units (up from 6 i think)

-upgrade cost of yamato cannon reduced to 100/100 down from 150/150
-energy upgrade of battlecruiser reduced to 50/50 down from 150/150

-marine +10 hp upgrade reduced to 100min/100gas down from 150min/150gas
-terran bunker/cc load capacity upgrade reduced to 50min/50gas down from 100/100

EVASIVE MOVE COMMAND

this is a move command that will be used to unclump your units quickly to make the buffed aoe spells slightly weaker, imo its a good addiction

"evasive move" command is like the move command and is available on all moving units. you click "V" when selecting a bunch of your units and then you can click any area. when you click the area, the game AI gives each selected unit a unique move command to a location 2 game units in the opposite direction the clicked area is in relation to each unit. basically if you evasive move command in the middle of your army, all your units will run away from the center of your army and stop after they travel 2 units of distance. units stop moving during the evasive move command if you order another command (like attack or attack move) or if they move 2 game units. the reason they stop after 2 distance units is because if a unit is by a cliff and you use this command the move command unique to that unit could be on the other side of the cliff, so it would keep running until it reached the other side of the cliff. but if you limit the evasive move command to 2 game units distance max moved before the command terminates then that problem wont arise and you can keep spamming the evasive move command to unclump your armies to avoid psi storm and guided missiles and there wont be any problems

fade.fall.

the main reason sc1 pro league will still pay more money and be more lucrative than sc2 pro league is because sc1 pro league games will be more exciting, bottom line, unless some major changes happen to sc2

starcraft 2 removed many things in sc1 that made it great. each race had what seemed like hyper imbalances that seemed to be so buff if used the opponent couldnt win at all like muta micro in some TvZ games. but it was balanced because each race had what seemed like hyper imbalances. like muta micro or the buffness of psi storm (range and the size of the area of effect reduced in sc2 ) and plague too was pretty buff. or arbiters or the factory alone producing the best anti air and anti ground and harassment units in their respective category in the entire game from the same building

to explain ill look at each race matchup real quick ( ok it wont be quick x.x )

TvZ

in this matchup zerg had hyper imbalances like muta micro which were gotten almost every game just stack up the muta's and early game they go in and if used rite will win the game a lot of the time they were so fast and stacked they could snipe marines one by one all day and snipe turrets all day

Flash vs Jaedong - 2009 NATE MSL Finals Game 1
look at that TvZ game doesnt muta micro seem like a uncounterable hyper imbalance strategy. sometimes it did sure look that way

but then terran could try to counter that with his science vessel hyper imbalance. science vessel was heavy cost 225 gas but theoretically bcuz it moved just as fast as a mutalisk or a scourge it could theoretically stay alive forever and regenerate mana forever and kill an infinite amount of zerg units without being in trouble by casting and running away. but sure its mana regen rate was low so that wasnt the case. it had a 1cast spell that would take an ultralisk down to killable range (and ultralisks are 200 gas) or it would kill a few mutas in 1 cast (sometimes 6+ mutas and mutas were 100gas) and it would 1cast kill a lurker or defiler and all of those units cost lots of gas

but then the zerg has its own hyper imbalance answers in the defiler sure it could be 1cast killed by the science vessel but a few scourge could keep the SV away to let the defiler cast its hyper imbalance spells. plague was a 1cast spell that took all units in a huge aoe even battlecruisers in the aoe pretty much to 1 health to be 1shotted by a muta bounce. then dark swarm made all the zerg units immune to every terran units damage (bc's wraiths, marines, etc) except tanks.

but then the terran had even more hyper imbalance options like cloaked wraiths u mass some of them u just snipe the overlords (zergs only detection) and zerg has no other detection and u just clean up the zergs army with cloaked units. if u could make enough wraiths while the zerg is muta stacking u from every direction

TvP

protoss had its hyper imbalances like psi storm which when used rite seems unbeatable cast a few on a entire 200 food army and it all dies in seconds. but then terrans emp shockwave to remove all their mana countered it well combined with the lockdown of ghosts that would take a 1food unit and allow it to quick cast disable 2 carriers (12 food) and an arbiter in about a second. and lockdown units pretty much were already considered dead so lockdown was like a 1cast instant kill spell

terran also had hyper imbalances like tanks where u just make a giant line of them through the entire map with mines on the entire map with vultures harassing every base the toss has and the opponents ground army can do nothing to stop you and goliaths being the best anti air come from the same building wth does the toss do

but toss's hyper imbalances like psi storm and arbiters stasis field were 1cast instant kill THEIR ENTIRE ARMY spells. watch the next youtube game and see how the protoss player at 18:55 moves in and uses stasis and psi storm to pretty much disable and kill the entire army of the terran. psi storm and stasis field were 1click destroy his entire army spells that terran didnt have anything like that, yet still TvP in sc1 in the pro league's were almost seen as games where terran had the advantage and should win

check out this replay where the protoss uses psi storm and stasis to 1click destroy like the entire terran army at around 18:45. toss played this way seemed unbeatable yet it wasnt

FlaSh vs mOvie - 2009 EVER OSL Finals LIVE Game 3

ZvP

protoss still had its 1hit destroy his entire army spells (psi storm and stasis) hyper imbalanced but zerg had that too (plague) . all of those spells were 1cast aoe's that pretty much essentially made everything hit by it might as well be considered dead units

after that zerg still had muta micro stack cheese but toss had corsiairs which when used right killed all the mutas and were so fast they go around the entire map killing all his overlords too

in this matchup i thought there was a very small amount of hyper imbalances (just the spellcasters pretty much, psi storm and plague) but still there were awesome matches because sc1 seems to reward players more for operating on the entire map instead of just your base and natural and thats it

so yeah anyway sc2 seems very watered down compared to sc1 in the area of excitement. however it can be changed in a non imbalanced fashion just a few tweaks need to be made in my opinion.

I think both turtling or rushing is very balanced in sc2 currently, both just seem sorta watered down and boring but not imbalanced and thats a good thing. make it more exciting but dont make it less imbalanced. its possible to turtle(tech) but if you tech too hard and ur enemy rushes u lose like you should, on the other hand its possible to turtle(tech) at the perfect rate to always maintain enough defensives units to stop a rush at any time and survive. if you scout and your enemy is rush + expanding, you tech faster because his rush will have less units. if you scout and your enemy is rush + not expanding you tech slower because you need more defensive power to not lose the game to the rush. rushing works if you have more attack power than your enemies defense power, but it is 100% possible in EVERY GAME for a turtle(tech) strategy to always not lose to a rush if he scouts correctly and always slows his tech enough to make enough defensive units to beat back the rush.

rushers may think this makes teching imbalanced, but i disagree. if it wasnt possible for a tech'er to play right and have enough defensive units to stop your rush, then rush would always win and tech would be a dead strat. so if he is teching and you can never break his defense you have to expand all over the map or lose. some may think this makes for boring gameplay, i disagree.

my ideas arent to change the teching/rushing aspect of the game, but things should be tweaked to make the game more exciting

so blizz all im saying is sc2 will wear off fast and sc1 already i can say will continue to be more exciting and lucrative and competitive than sc2 unless you make some smart changes to sc2.

heres some of my ideas. these are just my ideas that i think could make the game less "lame" and more "exciting" but still balanced for pro league play

Zerg:

i like most of the changes to zerg. the queen doing her inject larva is fine some ppl think its imba but i think its fine compared to comsat and mule. roaches are a fine unit too and i dont think roaches or hydras are imba.

whats lame about zerg is T3 is ONLY for ultralisks. whaaaat. it just feels lame toss goes T3 for mothership carriers  terran goes t3 for battlecruisers nukes and all that tech. zerg seems bland

zerg doesnt HAVE TO BE seen as "early game race. just ultras at t3"

i think zergs broodlord (the heavy flyer like the sc1 guardian) should become t3 or possibly shift around the corrupter and make the corrupter T3.  in fact the whole corrupter / brood lord unit structure should be looked at it feels lame. zerg needs some kind of tier 3 unit besides the ultralisk.

yeah i think putting corrupter at tier3 and broodlord at tier2 seems like the best way to go. zerg could use an anti air choice at t3 and the corrupter with buffed anti air damage would fit the bill.

corrupter being t3 is a really good idea it would complete zerg a lot, but brood lord should still be tier 2. either buff corrupter and make it upgraded from a brood lord or have corrupter be a single built t3 unit. it would be boring just making brood lords and corrupters both single built units (not morphs) so one idea that might feel very zergish is why not make hydras (or maybe roaches?) morph into brood lords. hydras seem cooler. so make mutas T2 from spire corrupters T3 and at T2 theres a upgrade at either hydra or roach building that requires a spire and allows hydras to morph into brood lords

corrupter should be tier 3, and the corrupter should have buffed anti air stats. not too buff, but make it a good anti air unit. it would be boring making the corrupter basically a SC1 scout that cant attack ground, so give its attack some sort of ability sure (why not) ... also its ability to disable buildings is, fine i guess. keep it if you want. i consider it kinda pointless (guess it will be if its t3). actually, its not a bad unit if you somehow pop it on your enemies stargates or starports. so its fine i guess.

AH WAIT i just thought of a cool idea. why not make the corrupter attack ground with a very low damage hit (like a marine maybe for 2food) like a scout from sc1. scouts from sc1 had good air attack and ground attack of a marine for 2food. haha the corrupter will have a strong anti air attack and a weak ground attack just like sc1 scouts. make them move fast too so they can fly into enemy bases quickly and be a great harassment anti air unit with building disabling corruption ability and high mobility.

IN FACT OMG IT SEEMS even more ingenious now more that i think about it. at T3 the corrupter will be the perfect (but high cost) replacement to the mutalisk. the corrupter will be like abuff sc1 scout fast with good anti air attack and weak ground attack, but in addiction it would have the "corruption ability" which can single targets a building to disable it. this makes the corrupter a great raiding because you could build 10 corrupters (20 food) and fly them to your enemies expansion and disable all his turrets then ground attack the turrets and kill a few and retreat quickly before your enemy arrives. the corrupter should definitely have VERY VERY VERY fast movement speed like scouts from sc1 . now that i think about it, my idea to do this to corrupters could be overpowered a bit if their air attack was too strong. you dont want 3 corrupters to walk over a battlecruiser, you want it to be sort of even considering the corrupters other benefits (very fast speed compared to slow battlecruiser, ability to disable buildings). my changes to the corrupter would make the unit like the t3 mutalisk but weaker for attacking ground (mutalisk will be cheaper with more ground damage) but the corrupter would still be a great harassment movement with its increased speed and anti air abilities

BANELINGS seem lame. zerg feels lacking without the lurkers but oh well.  i think banelings definitely need more health and armor. i mean they suicide at least let them live to suicide. errrrrr. their cost to damage is pretty balanced to what it destroys i think.

no lurkers is fine i suppose having hydras morph into brood lords would make it feel almost the same hehe

finally another super lame thing about zerg right now is overlord losing their invis detection. it gets really gay in a long game spending 1500 gas on something you should have naturally.  there should be a invis upgrade for overlords/overseers thats universal and it can be expensive i dont care. 400 minerals 400 gas is fine. thats just 4 mutas. it makes all of your overlords have detection. then make overseers cost like 50 gas and have natural invis detection so a zerg could have an early overseer to detect a bit of stuff and do the invis upgrade later on

and the overlords ability to carry and drop units should definitely be reduced in cost to 100/100.from 200/200. and the overlord/overseer SPEED upgrade should be 100/100 down from 150/150. overlords itself are vulnerable and very important.. the cost of their speed and transport upgrades seem too high... if the enemy uses a strategy of making killing overlords the main priority its very effective because overlords are your food, and your utility, but they cant defend themself and when you lose a few overlords it is a big setback.  overlords are useful that one upgrade gives u lots of dropships, but the downside is those dropships are your food supply so when they die you dont have any food.

fade.fall.

protoss:

chrono boost needs to be changed a lot. i was thinking about removing it cuz it feels so lame but you can keep it and just adjust it to make it fit the protoss better. protoss is supposed to be seen as a strong unit race that is hard to mass up units but the units are stronger individually. its very very lame playing protoss and remembering that stupid retarded chrono boost macro every time its up just to pump out a faster probe or zealot.

it currently costs 25 mana to boost a building for 20 seconds
chrono boost should be changed. make it last 90 seconds and cost 30 mana and let it target units and buildings. when targeting a building it increases its production speed by 20% (down from 50%) for 90 seconds (up from 20 seconds).  when cast on a unit it gives that unit 20% increased movement speed and 100% increased shield regeneration rate for 90 seconds  (no changes to attack speed or damage). keep in mind i believe shields only regen when the toss unit isnt taking damage

this will allow each nexus to chrono boost 3 units every 90 seconds (i think the nexus regens its 100 mana about every 100 seconds) making a few toss units stronger (and toss is supposed to have stronger units!) or cast it on a upgrade building to make upgrades happen faster.

chrono boost being changed to this would make it a less hassle to macro (you save your mana and cast it on select units when u wanna boost them up without bothering with constant base chrono boost macro) and make it more exciting and fit protoss better imo

i think the dark templar shrine should be cloaked when powered by a nexus to make it fit its theme more. make it cloaked while constructing too

pheonix could use a small change. it actually aint that bad of a unit. it moves very fast. lets look at its stats. pheonix costs 150min/100gas , 2food, does 5 dmg (+5 light) 2 attacks. void rays are already the unit to counter air they rip through carriers. 2 void rays will kill a carrier and 10 void rays destroy 5 carriers quickly with a few remaining. a battlecruiser kills 2 void rays with yamato cannon but bc's have 6 range and carriers have 8range thats the balance.
void rays are 3 food tho and pheonix are 2 food. the pheonix stats seem weak on paper but ingame i tested 3 pheonix vs 2 void ray and pheonix won (all focus firing). 12 pheonix vs 8 void ray and void rays lost badly all the void rays died and there was still 7 pheonix's left. so pheonix's are powerful anti air but they will not counter carriers and battlecruisers because their 5 dmg attack is cut down from heavy airs armor.  ive tested pheonix vs carrier/bc and the battle is slightly in heavy airs favor which is balanced because you want because pheonix to kill light air not heavy.
12 pheonix vs 4 bc/carriers about 2 heavy air dies 12 pheonix dies
8 void way vs 4 bc/carriers about 6-7 void rays die 4 bc/carrier dies
i think pheonix attack should be combined into one attack instead of being two and slightly buffed. so 12 dmg (+10 light) instead of 5 (+5 light) x2 so that way armor wont be so hard on the pheonix when facing non light air units.  im sure this change will still cause the heavy are to beat the pheonix, but they just wont beat them as hard as they do right now

terran

i find terran to be very balanced and not in need of too many buffs or changes. i guess that could mean i think they are overpowered so i buff toss and zerg alot and leave terran alone. when i play terran everything feels very right and correct and in place

i think vikings definitely need to transform faster. i think they should transform in 0.5 seconds to be honest. or a second. whatever. 0.5 second transformation in the faster gametype would be optimal. in making vikings balanced out with my corrupter idea vikings should have 150 hp (up from 125) with my ideas corrupters will be tier3 unit 150min 100gas 200hp with an average anti air attack and a weak ground attack and the corruption ability with a 7unit cast range. vikings will be tier2 125min 100gas 150hp with a slightly stronger anti air attack than the corrupter, ~35% stronger ground attack (vikings do 14 ground damage marines do 6, imo the corrupter should do about 8 or 9 ground damage but attack slower than a marine and the viking will of course do more ground dmg than both). so viking and corrupter are relatively similar units.
this math makes mutas look weak at 100min 100gas tier2 120hp 9 dmg air/ground (bounces) but i dont think mutas need to be buffed to compensate

thors are not underpowered in my opinion. they are only 200 gas and compared to other 200 gas units they are strong. they 1shot colossus or ultralisk with their ability and are still alive to kick more ass. thors may actually be too strong. but i think they should stay unchanged right now because they seem very balanced

i think ghosts cloak should be slightly more effective. banshee's cloak should still drain mana but i think ghosts should regen 1 mana per second and then while cloaked they simply stop regenning mana but they dont lose any mana per second. also the cost of snipe i think should be reduced to say 20 mana. emp it very powerful but i say give it a range of about 7 and psi storm / fungal growth can have ranges of 9

Zergling, Zealot, Marine

the zealot should have those 60 shields imo. zealot being 2 food is the powerful basic unit fighting protoss's power unit theme and seems the most powerful, 1 zealot > 2 marine / 4 zerglings
i think zealots charge upgrade should cost 100/100.  stim is fine at 150/150 because it effects marauders too. zealots upgrade only effects zealots

marines should not be changed they can be massed and are ranged and with stim their bread and butter purpose is served nicely

4 zerglings in pure power are less powerful than 1 zealot however theres 4 of them for 1 zealot, so units that waste time shooting a zergling waste their damage on a 0.5food unit and that is the strength of the zergling. the strength of the swarm. multiple units will fire their attack at 1 zergling, the zergling will die and theres still many left while all of those units that attacked wasted their attack damage and their attack is now on cooldown while the swarm is still alive.
i think zerglings should stick with their 35 health it seems fine to me. their dmg/health seems fine
however
i think the zerglings 20% attack speed upgrade should be reduced to 100/100 down from 200/200 for the same reason stim effects two units and zealot charge only effects 1

Spells

i dont think emp is imbalanced but i think feedback and neural parasite should have massively increased range. im talking a range of 20, 25, or even 30 game units (which is larger than a screen). but to compensate, make it so when these abilities are used the enemy is granted full vision of your high templar or infestor for 20 seconds

toss doesnt have comsat, so if they sneak an observer behind the line and emp a ghost good for him. i think these two spells should have huge range because they are very weak otherwise. u just snipe and instantly kill the casters before they can use these spells

psi storm and fungal growth should have cast ranges of 8 or 9 or even 10 game units, and slightly increased AoE's.

fungal growth should do 2 damage + 2% of the units maximum health in damage every second (so a thor has 400 health 2% of that is 8 so it does 8+2=10 dmg per second to a thor. a battlecruiser has 550 hp 2% of that is 11 so it does 11+2=13 dmg per second to a battlecruiser. the percentage number is ROUNDED UP so a unit with less than 50 health has 1 as its 2% damage, a unit with 50-100 health has 2 as its 2%, a unit with 100-150 health has 3 as its 2%) plus 2 damage .
so pretty much the damage scale would be like this depending on how much health a unit has it takes this much damage from fungal spore
1-50 health = 3 dps
51-100 health = 4 dps
101-150 health = 5 dps
151-200 health = 6 dps
201-250 health = 7 dps
351-400 health = 10 dps
fungal growth still immobilizes all units in the aoe
fungal growth should hit air units too

infested terrans should last at least 60 seconds and make them cost 20 mana. the infester seems to regen mana at a rate slower than 1 per second. also infested terrans should pop from the egg in like 1 second not the 5 seconds it is currently. infesters cost a lot of gas, so if your enemy gets 3 infestors and lets them max up to 200 energy and spawn 30 infested marines on your base (600 mana, 20 mana cost per marine = 30 marines), sure its very cost effective at that point for 300min/450gas but its ur fault letting the infestor burrow into your base or get to 200 mana. i dont think its imba compared to other spells

psi storm currently does 20 DPS over 4 seconds regardless, but i think its balanced considering it does not immobilize units and the damage comes out quicker. but fungal growth immobilizes all targets hit so it always does its full damage, psi storm you can run out of. fungal growth does its full damage every time because you are immobilized for 8 seconds and take all the damage for 8 seconds. so i think psi storm should do 20 dps over 6 seconds, or 120 damage over 6 seconds. i dont think this is imbalanced compared to ravens missile or other spells. seems fine to me.

emp, psi storm, fungal growth should all have cast ranges of 9 game units. feedback and neural parasite should have cast ranges of 20 or 30 game units but after use the caster that used it is fully revealed to your enemies for 30 seconds.

heavy damage debuff to air

i think the anti air attacks of the pheonix, viking, and corrupter should place a "heavy damage" debuff on the unit it hits that lasts for 2 seconds and can stack up to 5 times max. each individual viking/pheonix/corrupter can only place 1 debuff on 1 unit per attack and their debuff doesnt stack with their previous debuff if it is still on the unit. the only way to increase stacks is to have multiple pheonix/viking/corrupters attacking the same target. 3 vikings attacking a target will give it 3 stacks of the "heavy damage" debuff for 2 seconds and when the 3 vikings attack again it wont increase the stacks to 6 it will simply refresh the 3 stacks it made. each stack of the "heavy damage" debuff slows the air units movement speed by 2% and that doubles for each stack for a maximum of 36% movement speed slow. this is to help slightly counter my chrono boost idea and air in general.   basically, 4 pheonix's attacking an air unit will make it move 16% slower with 4 stacks. 5 pheonix's or 4 pheonix's and 1 viking (via a team game) attacking a air target will make it move 32% slower with 5 stacks of heavy damage.

nydus networks, nukes, warpgates, hyperwarp energy

I think warpgates could use a change. i think this is how they should work and if blizzard likes my idea, great, or if they dont leave um the way they are whatever. i think the cybernetics core should offer the upgrade and call it "hyperwarp capability" upgrade instead of "warp gates"
next all protoss construction buildings (nexus, gateway, stargate, robotics facility) can be upgraded for 200min/200gas to a hyperwarp version of that building. you can come up with cool names like maybe "stargate" upgrades to "fleet portal" or something.
the upgrade costs 200min/200gas and it takes 70 seconds to complete. after it is complete all the protoss enemies hear a warning "hyperwarp energy detected" and once they are finished upgrading they can never revert back to a normal building all hyperwarp buildings are permanently revealed to the enemy plus a small 1 game unit area around the building is revealed to the enemy too. so the enemy will know all locations of all hyperwarp buildings on the map at all times to try and kill them. i dont think hyperwarp buildings should be increased in hp, maybe +200 hp since their location is known but thats about it.
the hyperwarp buildings will be able to warp in any unit with zero cooldown but the unit will cost 40% more resources. so if you have lots of min/gas you could warp in 20 carriers in less than 2 seconds but it would cost 40% more minerals and 40% more gas. i think this advantage will be balanced because in later games it might be more cost effective to avoid warped units and just have 3 stargates to pump carriers at a cheaper price instead of warping them in, but also played right the warp in feature would have its good and bad sides. i think it fits protoss theme well having stronger units (they warp in instead of building) at a increased price

next theres the nydus system. the way it works is it costs 200/200 to build the nydus canal and u can build 2 of them in bases to connect bases but the unload rate and load rate is kind of slow that is not useful, then the nydus canal has an ability that costs 100/100 to pop a nydus worm anywhere on the map you have vision (regardless of creep)  and unload units. in testing the nydus worm is very powerful. it only takes 10 seconds to build anywhere so if you put a overlord near ur enemies base it just takes 10 seconds to build a nydus worm and the nydus canal can keep building them every 10 seconds but it costs 100/100 each time. each nydus worm function just like a nydus canal its a building that lasts forever with less health (but nydus worms cant spawn more worms, only canals can) . nydus worms have low health about 250 and the worm spawns units at about 2 units per second max (even zerglings) until its killed.   all units in your nydus system stay alive until every one of your nydus canals / worms is destroyed so this is a way to drop units without risking them because they either reach their target or stay alive. you cant lose dropships with units inside. ideally the zerg just wants to build 1 nydus canal and only use worms after cuz worms are cheaper and do the same job. and the enemy makes killing nydus canals high on his priority list

i think some balance tweaks could be done to make the nydus more balanced. its already balanced but this would make it more it more fun in the meta game. increase the health of the nydus canal to 2000 from 850 but make the nydus canal and a very small area around the canal (about 1 game unit) permanently revealed to all zerg enemies so the zerg enemies all know where each nydus canal is at all times. nydus worms will not be revealed to the enemy and will stay the same way ingame but make all nydus worms a zerg owns become destroyed if all his canals are destroyed. if the zerg has 1 completely constructed canal alive, his worms will all stay alive. of course the worms will still have their 250 hp and can be killed by the enemy directly.

currently i think the dropping of the worm into enemy base is balanced. terran just keeps a siege tank grid (siege tanks have very long range) through his base and if the enemy tries to pop a worm itself the siege tank 1shots it. 4 siege tanks (8 food) can cover the range of an entire base and natural and counter nydus worm drops. toss and zerg can do the same thing with photon cannons and spine crawlers (costs more minerals, but requires less food). this strategy completely counters nydus worm drops,
the zerg can counter this protective grip by flying in a overlord and dropping a some roaches/zerglings to soak grip damage while the worm builds in 10 seconds, but if the zerg does this you should see this drop/attack happening and send/move your forces in to counter the worm and you should win if you have equal forces of the zerg
so i think nydus worm drops are completely balanced as it is right now but my idea will make it slightly more cool/exciting and balanced

terran lift off and then finally nuclear weapons. this will technically be the terran version of hyperwarp energy and nydus networks but i think they are a bit underpowered right now. they have a great cost at 100min / 100gas. i think the buildtime for the nukes should be reduced by about 15 seconds,

in addition to all this on the patchnotes i pointed out some upgrades that i thought were too expensive and reduced them

Rain[sun]

100$ says you copy and pasted that from someone with a legitimate beta key, who posted that on the beta forums. If not, wtf?

If you had a key, you'd know the forum that blizz reads is their official "bitchfest" beta forum

I read up until you stated Dark Shrine should be cloaked and stopped; if that was how the rest of the post went then I am happy I didn't continue. I should by no means have to scan/Overseer someones base when im scouting him to see if he's going DT tech, thats just ridiculous
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

gg.sc2

I agree with you fade.fall, but I don't think blizzard really cares what you say in this thread.

fade.fall.

in a nutshell

there should definitely be a anti-clump command like my evasive move idea

zerg should have t3 options besides ultras. my idea was to make corrupters a buff sc1 scout but at t3 that can harass and kill air and fare well against ground

chrono boost feels lame

spells are weak

and a bunch of random ideas

ill probably post this in the main beta forums soon, or have my friend link it there, or pm it to a blizzard forum mod and say this is my feedback

but i wanted 2post it here first lol

Rain[sun]

haha thanks for that

I think chrono boost was just a way to make the gameplay feel faster now that they lowered mineral harvesting, they seemed to have over complicated one of the most basic processses just for the sake of cool graphics. The fun factor is using it on robo bays or gateways to rush a certain tech. MULEs cant do this, and extra larva are kinda the same deal.

Spells need balancing and a place to use them in. They didn't perfect SC1 in a month, and i should hope SC2 doesnt either! makes it more fun
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

cloak123

Quote from: Rain[sun] on March 07, 2010, 04:16:29 PM
haha thanks for that

I think chrono boost was just a way to make the gameplay feel faster now that they lowered mineral harvesting, they seemed to have over complicated one of the most basic processses just for the sake of cool graphics. The fun factor is using it on robo bays or gateways to rush a certain tech. MULEs cant do this, and extra larva are kinda the same deal.

Spells need balancing and a place to use them in. They didn't perfect SC1 in a month, and i should hope SC2 doesnt either! makes it more fun
I agree, its beta testing, not the final release for a reason, becuase they are balancing it right now. There will be lots more changes before it does come out so stop qqing , i personally think sc2 is better.