Beta Friend Invite

Started by Applewilliam, April 06, 2010, 05:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applewilliam

Hey guys.

My friend recently found out that he has had the beta for a while now.  He wants to invite me? Do all beta participants get an extra key?  Where does he look?

Rain[sun]

Nope. Only a random group did, and they had to have played before the cutoff date, meaning your sol. My account has been played like a game a day on average, no friend invite. But my roommate got one, and he only played a small handful of games but it was before the deadline
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Applewilliam

Quote from: Rain[sun] on April 06, 2010, 06:20:34 PM
Nope. Only a random group did, and they had to have played before the cutoff date, meaning your sol. My account has been played like a game a day on average, no friend invite. But my roommate got one, and he only played a small handful of games but it was before the deadline

Ok.  Did he receive it in his email?

jyim89

Quote from: Applewilliam on April 06, 2010, 05:48:18 PM
Hey guys.

My friend recently found out that he has had the beta for a while now.  He wants to invite me? Do all beta participants get an extra key?  Where does he look?

It's not random.  From what I've heard, the most friend invites are given out to the people who are most active.  Since your friend just found out about it and have not been active, he probably doesn't have any invites to give out.  And yes, if he did have extra invites, he would have received emails about them.

btw, how do u NOT know if u have a beta key or not!

Applewilliam

Quote from: jyim89 on April 06, 2010, 07:46:26 PM

btw, how do u NOT know if u have a beta key or not!

Haha I know. Blizzard gives to undeserving noobs.  The true fans are left out to dry.  Makes a lot of sense?

Rain[sun]

Even though its unintentional, it definitely makes sense. More sense than giving it to someone who'd buy it anyway

jyim89

Quote from: Rain[sun] on April 07, 2010, 08:53:27 PM
Even though its unintentional, it definitely makes sense. More sense than giving it to someone who'd buy it anyway

That may be true but it could also work against them.  Why do you think so many sc fans would turn to websites like these?  It's because they can't get their hands on the beta so they need an alternative.  I'm sure if there weren't so many people supporting what the developers do here the developers wouldn't have come this far in creating an emulator.  Once a server emulator comes out, Blizzards fear of piracy will come true.

Rain[sun]

Pirates will exist regardless; whether cause they dont want to pay or cause blizz doesnt offer lan. itll happen anyway