Green Tea AI 0.56

Started by ptanhkhoa, April 05, 2010, 09:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Race you think needed to improving ?

Zerg
38 (57.6%)
Terran
17 (25.8%)
Protoss
11 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 66

ptanhkhoa

Update new version 0.45 with 6 commander for Terran and Zerg ^^, and fix some bugs :

_ AI will defend the base when being attack
_ AI will stop building too many anti-air building.

Terran:

Commander:
_ "Black Reaper" : Excellent in using Reaper for harrass and sneak into opponent base when they going out.
_ "White Banshee": Skilled in using Banshee not only for harrass but also destroy enemy expand.
_ "Grey Tanker:" Try to get tank as fast possible for stronger defend as well as using for attack.

Zerg:

Commander:
_ "Mice", "Mouse" and "Rat" : basic Zerg that using Zergling as main force, strong for opening but weak for late game. But they also try to tech to Hyralisk if find out that enemy build Air.

darka

Working on that this week-end:

Could make only 5 Open for Ground & 5 Open for Air.....
We need to know what Build or Strategy are prefered for each race :D (rush, units combo and others)

Thx for feedback.

ptanhkhoa

Adding fixed for Green Tea AI 0.45 :
_ Fix bug for "Commander Grey Tanker" ( he only train 4 marine, now it working well )
_ Add some change for harassment that make it take priority target the new expand base of the opponent.
_ Commander "Thanh Nguyen" :
   Now she build much more Carrier and add Mother Ship to aim.
_ Commander "Dang Hai" and "Nhu Quyen" :
   I see that these commander very weak vs Air so adding one more Stargate for them.

klaretos

Very nice AI. GreenTea started as the weakest and is now definitely the strongest and the most enjoyable.

One observation on my first match. I took protoss and I played vs Terran. I started making mass immortals and threw very few stalkers around and the opponent commander was the black reaper. Shouldn't the commander be the banshee one? In your next release I also suggest you could make one commander MMM.

Again great work ptanhkhoa!

Shadow

I played many PvP matchUp and i think Dang Hai & Thanh Nguyen is ridiculous. Carrier in early game on 50-60 limit of army? I do not think it's good idea.  Maybe in early game on 40-60 limit AI build VoidRays and only then carrier whith mothership when the capture of 1-2 expantion?? In all game i have seen only carrier :(

All of the Ai who build the colossus dont research "Thermal Lance" for them.

And Ai is not enough aggressive. No pressure, no timing push, no rush. He attacks only when my army is much weaker than him. I think it must be fixed.

Anyway at the moment its the best Ai of them. Great work ptanhkhoa! I hope Darka help to make your AI is much better :)
Im from Russia. Sorry for my broken english.

Rempty

need some improvements like add some ghost(EMP is very effective) to  terran vs protoss.
zerg ai need be more agressive.
At the momentGreenTea is the best AI. Good job.(plays   better than several players battle net xD).
Excuse my bad english.

ptanhkhoa

Ok, I make the AI more agressive now, and make the Commander Thanh Nguyen and Dang Hai build VoidRay first than tech to Carrier later.

Update 0.46:
_ The Ai will find and destroy the nearest rock .
_ Fix build for Queen and Creep Tumor, now they have better position.
_ Add one more General for Zerg : Commander "Cat", unlike the mice, he won't expand fast but save money for teching and build army.

x1zk0

im gonna try this ai, i will report all bugs or suggestions, it's harder than strategy?

Shadow

darka

yop ptanhkhoa,

I have worked on the script and understood your script. I am now enable to make some script. :D

I have sent you: M&M Balls, Mecha & air combo for terrans

Protoss: 2examples of openings.

ptanhkhoa

Thanks, it is very good, but has some problem need to correct ( I had send message for you ), I have made some correction on terran5 and terran6 , you can base on it to fix other opening of yours.

Shadow

@Mecha & air combo for terrans

What is it? :) Siege tanks & thors & air ?

ptanhkhoa, sometimes protoss build mass pilons. He had, for example, 80/200 limit, small army, but continues to spend all the resources on pylons instead of the army. Screenshot in attachment.

omerbenamram

Great AI! I find it really nice to practice my builds and timings. A bunch of suggestions though (from about 10 of my PvT games.)

- The AI always build a marine ball in the beginning and a bunker which i feel is a waste of minerals.
- The Reaper commander dosent actually do anything significant with his reapers. he just masses them and would maybe jump on a cliff and snipe a pylon. I would love to see some crazy cheesy reapers start (rax before supply or proxy rax would be really nice if its possible).
- Tanker build is very nice, still kind of a funky opening from him aswell.
- AI builds engineering bays in wierd places if I destroy its first one.
- Banshee AI dosent get cloak?
- AI will target silly things such as the gas first instead of workers.

in conclusion, i feel like the general "feel" (and the expanding ability which is surprisingly good) of the AI is pretty solid. However, it dosent really harass even when presented with the opportunity. I dont really know how difficult it would be to implement some of those human attributed to an AI but for now its definitely a great choice to practice crazy macro games. Keep up the great work.

ptanhkhoa

To enrich The AI Experience, I has make 2 sub thread to get suggestion from you :

_ Green Tea AI General rating:

+ This thread, you can rating general , which is your favourite and what is worst.
+ Also you can suggest what thing need to improve these general.

_ Standard Opening and Follow up
+ I'm not a very good player , so I think it best for you to suggest some standard opening and folowup as well. I think that each general have one opening not good enough. He can use other followup depend on each situation

For example :
Black Reaper will using fast barrack :
8 barrack
8 Refinery
10 Depot

but if it detect Enemy has 2 Gate way, immediately switch to other follow up like gateway or bunker.

_ Also in the next version, I which to classified General not only for each Race but Enemy Race also.
For example Reaper General will used when vs Protoss...

Hope that you can help me to improve AI better :)