Patch Problem

Started by i4gotmykookie, March 12, 2010, 09:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i4gotmykookie

Hi everyone.
So as you know patch 5 came out today and I was able to download it just fine. However when I launch sc2 vs AI the new patch does not take effect. I know I have the newest patch because the patch 4 replays I was able to watch yesterday require me to backtrack my sc2 version.
So the problem is how do I get patch 5 to work with my sc2 launcher?
I just redownloaded the newest version of it a few minutes ago. This hasn't happened with any of the previous patches.

apriores

Which launcher you're using?

cyberwiz

Delete all the previous versions (they are stored on folder Starcraft II Beta/Versions and just keep Base14356 (patch 5) folder.

I did this all the time a new version came out to force the launchers, and for me it works, because Burrow now costs 100/100 and tested the Infestor's Neural Parasite that it has now no time limit and such.

hope that helps.

apriores

If you'll delete previous versions you will not be able to watch older replays. But you can move them and when you'll need it, just put it back.

I'm using this launcher with any problems regarding patch version.
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starlauncher-v1-10-with-teamracecolor-no-modifications-to-original-maps/

i4gotmykookie

thanks for the replies.
Deleting the version led to an sc2.exe is missing error message so I just looked for another launcher.
I was using usmc23's launcher which didn't work. I then dled valkirie's launcher and it allows me to choose the patch version to play and it works just fine.