[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2g4u

I know that the ladder is just a beta, but here are a couple of issues   that I noticed:

1. One "account" can be used on multiple computers(Ye I am able to play   as "Team StarCrack" and my games will count towards it). May be there   should be some kind of login, if the user wants to use the ladder   function.

2. Minor graphical issues - The most played "random" has no image. The   "on mouse over thingy" of 19th and 20th player is out of the viewable   screen area(it should resize the background, or it should span upwards).

Anyway its really good idea, keep up the good work /clap.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

Hater

Seems that when i go in Programfiles/Starcraft II beta and run Starcraft II - Beta Launcher it instantly says that the program is not responding, same thing with lazylauncher, any ideas?

ulises

Hi everyone.
Is there a chance that someone could help me with this error please? Any idea would be helpfull. My error occures when I press ''play'' button.
#0.21 version works fine. w/o any problems.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.SecurityException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A0046 (CTL_E_PERMISSIONDENIED)
   w Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
   w Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
   at WindowsApplication1.FileIO.CopyFile(String file, String base_file, String folder)
   at WindowsApplication1.Main.btn_Play_Click()
   at WindowsApplication1.Main._Lambda$__2(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Valkirie

Quote from: chikopaws on March 15, 2010, 09:55:30 AM
I found a bug.. black color isn't black, but white..
same as previous version..

and dunno why, but after installed this version my game lags so bad..  :'(
This bug need to be fixed. I'm working on it.

Valkirie

Quote from: ulises on March 15, 2010, 12:51:06 PM
Hi everyone.
Is there a chance that someone could help me with this error please? Any idea would be helpfull. My error occures when I press ''play'' button.
#0.21 version works fine. w/o any problems.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.SecurityException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A0046 (CTL_E_PERMISSIONDENIED)
   w Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
   w Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
   at WindowsApplication1.FileIO.CopyFile(String file, String base_file, String folder)
   at WindowsApplication1.Main.btn_Play_Click()
   at WindowsApplication1.Main._Lambda$__2(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
CTL_E_PERMISSIONDENIED

bassMD

I can't launch any other map than Shakuras.

I always get one of two errors; either an "array index out of range" exception or "illegal character in path". Are there any known solutions to this? If not, I can post the error log.

ulises

@Valkirie can you please explain how to fix this please? tryed  of course to run as administrator (even before I posted first). I'm vista user.

Hater

Quote from: Hater on March 15, 2010, 12:26:41 PM
Seems that when i go in Programfiles/Starcraft II beta and run Starcraft II - Beta Launcher it instantly says that the program is not responding, same thing with lazylauncher, any ideas?
Looks like i got ignored, can I please get an solution on this?

Valkirie

Quote from: Hater on March 15, 2010, 01:18:46 PM
Quote from: Hater on March 15, 2010, 12:26:41 PM
Looks like i got ignored, can I please get an solution on this?
NetFramework 3.5 ?
Last VCredist ?

You should search for that in google, i'm busy right now.

Flokehl

hmmm i think maybe some people cheat in the ladder...
any ideas to do sth against it?

Valkirie

Quote from: Flokehl on March 15, 2010, 01:29:05 PM
hmmm i think maybe some people cheat in the ladder...
any ideas to do sth against it?
Will have to think about it. Don't worry ladder is early beta and things should get fixed.

Ray

Is there a list of AI scripts and their corresponding points?

uFF-Da

Quote from: uFF-Da on March 15, 2010, 12:59:18 AM
Hello.  Great work Valkirie :)  You are my hero. 

This may be a minor issue, but I don't know why it does this.  It only affects my choosing games and such.  The Launcher window is too tall for my screen and I can't resize it at all... and my resolution is at max for my monitor.

On mine it's just barely below my screen.  But I have a friend whose goes way below, and the lowest thing you can see is the "Change maps folder" and "change difficulty" buttons.

Just letting you know! Great job though :) You make me happy.

Is there an easy fix to this? I'm more trying to figure it out to help my friend whose whole launcher is messed up.  The layout is screwed.  (All on his): Play is above the replay button, and only a tiny bit of it is showing, I only knew it was there because I've seen the launcher.  It is out of it's constraints in the UI.  Just reporting some bugs if you get time to look into it!

Valkirie

Quote from: Ray on March 15, 2010, 02:24:44 PM
Is there a list of AI scripts and their corresponding points?
Everything will be show on ladder website. Their is still a lot lot of works to do.

dheffy22

I'm sure this is a noob question...

Anyone have a link to a step-by-step of what to do with this once downloaded? I'm lost