FOR ALL THOSE WHO GOT A CRASHING SC2 AT LOADING SCREEN LOOK HERE!

Started by Hapse, March 14, 2010, 05:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hapse

Heya darkblizz :)

So i suddenly had the problem myself recently (started after patch 5), I would start up the game and it would show the loading screen and when it was almost done the game would simply shut down. :( It didnt help to reinstall the game, del all things in registry that had "starcraft" in it so i got quite sad
So! i searched the webz and i found my answer! This fixed my problem and it might fix your problem aswell :)

THE SOLUTION:
Remember to enable "show hidden files, folders, or drives: HOWTO: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74220

Windows 7/Visa: Go in to C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\

And simply DELETE the Battle.net folder, this should fix your problem as starcraft 2 now will make a new of these folders the next time you open starcraft 2 :)
Hope this helps you!!
PS: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SC2 CRACKER COMMUNITY  :-* :-* :-*

(edit: Added the path for xp users (thank you apriores) :)
-Hapse

apriores

For Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\
There are located Cache files.

Tails616

RobinHood

Quote from: Hapse on March 14, 2010, 05:45:29 PM
THE SOLUTION:
Remember to enable "show hidden files, folders, or drives: HOWTO: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74220

Windows 7/Visa: Go in to C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\

And simply DELETE the Battle.net folder, this should fix your problem as starcraft 2 now will make a new of these folders the next time you open starcraft 2 :)
Hope this helps you!!
PS: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SC2 CRACKER COMMUNITY  :-* :-* :-*

(edit: Added the path for xp users (thank you apriores) :)
-Hapse

Edit: Thanks for the suggestion. My game is working again, I will try and see if I can fix my replay functionality later this week.

Before I try this alternative I want to point something out. I finally have my replays working (due to the fact that I have gotten my hands on a working cache map). Inside this Cache folder are a lot of other folders, also containing the original version of the Blizzard maps.

So if I do delete my Battle.net folder I possibly won't be able to watch those replays anymore, unless I add the Original maps to both the Cache (that will be made automatically I assume) and the Starcraft 2 installation folder? I will see how it goes and update accordingly if this is indeed working.

Sacroidd

Thank you so much! Now I can finally play again Starcraft 2 ! :P

Spirit6666

I randomly got the same problem today and i was really confused when even reinstalling the game wasn't working.
Thanks a lot for your solution  ;D

Saffron

Does anyone know why this actually happens? People that have this problem all say the same thing. "It randomly stops working" I'm just curious to know what causes this haha. Anyway glad there's a solution for it now :)

Hapse

I think the most common reason for this to happen is because people try out new stuff with replay/maps/ai and so on and i guess it just bugs up sc2 somehow? :)