StarCraft II Launcher

Started by Zoxc, March 01, 2010, 05:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultmateq

You guys with the access violation error, try installing the latest patch by launching starcraft normally. Then try to use this launcher. I'm not sure if that will fix it, I don't get the problem myself, but it's worth a shot.

linkkoh

Same error here... using win 7 x64

Quote from: Sykeus on March 07, 2010, 12:12:48 AM
Quote from: HASH on March 06, 2010, 09:54:11 PM
best gui launcher
but cant star game with him

I have the same error, anyone knows why?

Thanks

kurtskyg

Kernel64

How do I view replays? I get the map not found thing when viewing a replay of a game played through this.

Is it possible to change the map directory to the cache\00\11?

SCFan68

Quote from: Kernel64 on March 07, 2010, 02:26:28 AM
How do I view replays? I get the map not found thing when viewing a replay of a game played through this.

Is it possible to change the map directory to the cache\00\11?

Yes, if we could have the option of choosing the maps folder, this would allow playing of replays.  You need the map in 00\11\ with 0011 at the front of each name, and launch them from that location with LazyLauncher, in order to be able to play the replay back.
If we can change the folder, that would be enough to make it work I think.

Bt

This is without a doubt the best launcher now.

Ability to choose race, random, color, amount of AI opponents, use any AI and use default and standard Blizzard maps.

The only thing missing is style, otherwise fantastic work!

EDIT: Dunno what the status is on replays but who wants to watch themselves play against a computer opponent anyway, lol

SCFan68

Quote from: Bt on March 07, 2010, 03:10:21 AMEDIT: Dunno what the status is on replays but who wants to watch themselves play against a computer opponent anyway, lol

Sometimes you have a big FFA game and it's nice to be able to go back and see what was going on with the other players during your downtimes.  You'll be playing and suddenly see "GG" from one computer, so you know another one took it out.. you may want to watch it to see how it went down.

It's not a huge deal.. but it's also not a huge deal to implement. From my experience, as long as the map is in cache\00\11 and has 0011 at the front of the name, and you launch the map from that folder with LazyLaunch, you can then watch the replay.

It also makes more sense to launch them from there.  That is how the game works officially. Maps are stored in the cache folders, and loaded from there.

EDIT: As my own contribution, I have taken the time to put together the official 14 maps, updated as of 3/6/10, in their full, long filename format. I'll post again when it's uploaded.

SCFan68

The 14 official beta maps, updated as of 3-6-10, in their long filename format.  (the launcher recognizes them in this name format)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZTC2JUZP

Bt

Quote from: SCFan68 on March 07, 2010, 03:18:50 AM
Quote from: Bt on March 07, 2010, 03:10:21 AMEDIT: Dunno what the status is on replays but who wants to watch themselves play against a computer opponent anyway, lol

Sometimes you have a big FFA game and it's nice to be able to go back and see what was going on with the other players during your downtimes.  You'll be playing and suddenly see "GG" from one computer, so you know another one took it out.. you may want to watch it to see how it went down.

It's not a huge deal.. but it's also not a huge deal to implement. From my experience, as long as the map is in cache\00\11 and has 0011 at the front of the name, and you launch the map from that folder with LazyLaunch, you can then watch the replay.

It also makes more sense to launch them from there.  That is how the game works officially. Maps are stored in the cache folders, and loaded from there.

EDIT: As my own contribution, I have taken the time to put together the official 14 maps, updated as of 3/6/10, in their full, long filename format. I'll post again when it's uploaded.

Understood, I just think its the least important thing right now, though if you're right and it doesn't take much to get right then maybe it should be corrected asap.

Thanks for the maps!

Kevkev88

mOsteel

SCFan68

ok, I stand partially corrected by someone on IRC.

For replays to work, the only requirement is that the maps are stored somewhere in the cache directories, and launched FROM THERE by lazy launcher.

So you can have them anywhere in the cache\ subfolders you wish.  All that would be needed for this and usmc's launcher would be to allow you to select that as your map folder, rather than these defaults.  Then you could load the replays successfully.  

No renaming required.

EDIT: I have tested this and I can confirm.  I put the official maps into the cache folders. I created a subfolder for them called "zz" to put it at the bottom.  Anything would have worked though.  Then I launched one of the maps, from there, via LazyLauncher v2.  It did the whole "victory" thing because it was an unmodified map. But I fooled about for a minute or two, then quit.  I then loaded the replay via lazy launcher and it did play successfully.  So simply having an ability to choose the source folder would give replay ability.

SCFan68

Actually, I'm not 100% sure now after all.  The way these work by modifying and resaving the map file would mean a different, new source file for the replay.  It would have to be saved in the cache folders, and launched from there, and left behind with a unique name I suspect.

Oh well, just trying to help.  I'll watch the progress...

mOsteel

can you help us with the "Access violation to address" thing pls.

briantheman

i still can't view my own replays against computer, it says unable to load map.
i tried moving the official maps into the cache and loaded up and got the victory screen.
then i loaded that replay and it worked, but when i loaded one where i played against ai 6.0 it said unable to load map.

can anybody help?