SC2 Cliënt crashes to Desktop after loading screen

Started by RobinHood, March 16, 2010, 02:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinHood

Edit:  problem has been solved. Solution to my problem was deleting the Battle.net folder inside my C:\User\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\ . I suppose my replays aren't working anymore but that's a problem for another day. Thread may be closed.

Hello,
I have been playing Starcraft 2 for a couple of weeks now, mostly using information provided here. But this evening my Starcraft 2 suddenly stopped working. I am running on a 32bits version of Windows 7, here is what I did:1. Installed SC2 (downloaded v13891) and updated until the latest as of now;2. Used LazyLauncher first, switched over to Valkirie's launcher and I am also using a third launcher which enables teamplay and alliance control/shared resources;3. Decided to give it anoter try today to get my replays working and found the following article (http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/not-enough-pylons/complete-guide-installation-ai-maps-cache-replays%28including-your-own-vs-ai%29/) which was the only piece of information that led me to being able to watch replays from my own games and real Beta games;4. From the article mentioned earlier I installed a new Cache folder (containing maps in their proper folders and I don't know what else), I did not install the battlenet.gfx to bypass the login screen and watch replays but I used a bypasser mentioned somewhere else on this site (map name was called SWF containing the specific file);5. I installed the Artosis replay pack and I could successfully run replays from that file and my own replays as well;6. After I came back from dinner (while nothing should have been changed in the meantime) my game suddenly stopped working.7. I loaded Blistering Sands, but I realised too late that that specific map is bugged using the third launcher I mentioned in the start of this post. After the loading bar filled up my Starcraft 2 exits without any message and I will see my desktop and opened programs etc. I tried several other maps as well as Valkirie's launcher, but nothing seems to work.8. I reinstalled the whole game and only went through the steps mentioned in the article above, but my game keeps crashing to desktop.After this wall of text I only have one solution to my problem. Is there a possibility that the hidden "C:\USER\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertaintment" does not get deleted after uninstalling the game? If the answer to this question is yes, it might be worth a shot to manually delete it and let the Blizzard Cliënt recreate it again? I doubt it actually since I merged a fresh Cache map from the aforementioned article.Any help would be much appreciated, and excuse me for the wall of text.