StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaretos

Very big improvement, I played TvT and it did a very nice assault with mass marauders and vikings. I suggest you put more random attack combos like stealth banshees and some Thors maybe. Also does the AI count your units when the encounter starts and retreats if it is overwhelmed?

Thank you again!

btnheazy03

thanks for the hard work, guys!

StarCrack: enabling key-less gamers everywhere

Xoleq

Another improvement that can be made is the way the computer keeps his units in its base.. He usually keeps them in his main base and if u attack the expo he charges with all of them in a str8 line all u need 2 do is storm his ass... He should keep his units in 2-3 groups and when defending attack the attacker from 2-3 sides this is good for better positioning.

Nakeddan

Does anyone else notice lag about, oh i'd say maybe 3 to 5 minutes into a game? just for like 30 seconds and then the rest of the game is fine?
its really weird and only happens sometimes

hahahobun

i watched a battle between PVT
IAI 1.0 vs 6.1
good thing is that 6.1 won.
but i saw a lot of gas accumulated but unused by the AI.
in mid game, 6.1 just went for marines, marauders and a few vikings
while it had potential to go for BCs
when gg, 1800 gas was there.
the AI expanded properly while the SCV no. exceeded a certain number.
but i think 6.1 needs "learn" how to tech up!
anyways this is a very good job and i give my heartfelt thanks to you all!

Ludicrous

Now that the team selection problem has been fix will there be a new release for the AI so that the AI's don't try to attack their own partners?

Artanis186

Reffed a game with 2 Zerg and 1 protoss. The Protoss wiped the floor.

One Zerg just got Roflstomped by the Protoss.

The other Zerg expanded to the bottom right island (amongst other places). A lot of his units were getting stuck and he was only using about half his army at a time while the others were sitting, seemingly trying to move off the island, but getting stuck in a corner. The Overlords are REALLY slow at picking up units, it picks 1-2 up, stops for a little, then continues in that fashion.

The Protoss didn't use Warp Gates, but I believe that's just cuz you didn't put that in yet. Also, I didn't notice the Protoss using Chrono Boost, but that could have just been an oversight on my part. The Protoss expanded to the upper left high yield area, but I only saw him put 2 cannons and 1 probe gathering from it the entire game.

There is SOME possibility that I was still using 6.0, so if that's the case, I'm sorry for misleading, but I believe I put it on 6.1.

Gamewiz

Ok, here's my take on it: After playing a few games, I realized this AI does act much more like a human opponent. The trick to beating it is keeping the pressure on, and not letting it expand. If it expands, it steamrolls and becomes much more complicated.

However, good micro can beat it any day. I trained an entire army with just around 6 hellions, effectively wiping out 3/4 of it before they could take me down.

This is definitely the best AI out yet though, so excellent work. It makes good use of it's economy, forces me to scout it (since it's strategies vary) to counter units effectively, and protects it's expansions. When I harass it is rapid to respond.

However, I know it can still improve more when I am able to play terran and beat the computer when it's 3 zerg vs me (using starlauncher and team select), and I restricted myself to only building marines and medivacs, and a few tanks for defense only.

Artanis186

Update: Remade with same races, ensuring it was 6.1.
Protoss got stomped this time

The Zerg, most of the time, sent large groups of overlords to pick up a small group of Drones to be sent to an island. Each overlord picked up only 1 Drone. They would still try to pass the gap, and get stuck. The Zerg didn't seem to want to upgrade Overlord speed either, which made the entire process even slower.

Only the Main base and natural expo were, at the most, decently saturated. Any further expansion... had 0-4 drones gathering. Here are pics proving so:

Terrus

TvP

I went for marines with two barracks+reactors and one+tech lab. By the number of 16 marines at my base Protoss sent zealots to mine, and managed to kill all my units.

I recovered quickly and decided to see if it has any expansions by that time.
He made only two which I destroyed using two drop ships with marines. It didnt event try to protect them neither with cannons nor with units and never tried rebuild later.
After that a second wave of stalkers tried to attack me again which got slaugtered by Ghost EMP Shot and pack of marines/marauders.
During The game only two air units were used by protoss, both VoidRays.

However I saw his going toward templars but never seen them ;)

Gonna see my replay, to check what AI did not.

Allright.

He had 11 zealots with 3 GW ready, but AI stalled for a while doing nothing and continued building another 5-6 zealots when it got 1000 minerals.

He build two stargates but built only two void rays which were useless and one warp prism that went somewhere and dissapeared maybe my marines killed it.

By the end AI still had a lots of unused gas.

Will play some more to write more detailed reports. I hope such feedbacks are helpful ;)

P.S.: Anyone donated? I did ;)

jenkinsdjtg

Gamewiz

Quote from: Terrus on March 08, 2010, 09:47:55 AM
TvP

I went for marines with two barracks+reactors and one+tech lab. By the number of 16 marines at my base Protoss sent zealots to mine, and managed to kill all my units.

I recovered quickly and decided to see if it has any expansions by that time.
He made only two which I destroyed using two drop ships with marines. It didnt event try to protect them neither with cannons nor with units and never tried rebuild later.
After that a second wave of stalkers tried to attack me again which got slaugtered by Ghost EMP Shot and pack of marines/marauders.
During The game only two air units were used by protoss, both VoidRays.

However I saw his going toward templars but never seen them ;)

Gonna see my replay, to check what AI did not.

You are lucky he didn't pump out templar... Holy crap their psi storm destroys M&M combos so quickly it's not even funny...

itsarabbit

PvP: I built about 8 zealots, and did a massive tech to colossi, and made one just before a band of zealots attacked. I lost all my units and the colossi, while he had one left whom I killed with my probes. 2 min later, I had 2 colossi and about 12 zealots, attacked, with constant reinforcements, and GG.
It was great, but needs to recover more and alot of more different builds, then it would be perfect for now :)
but, I am only human, so I will beg for more features for all eternity.
Want Beta key! :D

Ucyrin

THX !  ;D for all the hard work in making this AI better and better up to this new 6.1.
There is more variation in what the AI does and therefor better and more fun.

Q : Is it possible to make the cheating AI a little more difficult (more cheating  :) ), because other cheats i played were much more of a challenge.

Keep up the good work!