Goosie's AI mod (discontinued)

Started by goosie, March 01, 2010, 03:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPeterson

Thanks for making an alternative AI. Could you try to modify the AIDefaultExpansion so that it becomes tougher in the late game? It's higher values that makes it expand more, not lower values.

ProoM

Quote from: ooni on March 01, 2010, 06:33:27 AM
v5.0
The v5.0 AIs by Starcrack are mediocre Early Phase and has strong Middle Game. But due to their overwhelming resource consumption early/middle game they suffer in Late game. Of course if you don't kill your enemy, End game it has enough to mass spam units and it fairs well (though somewhat limited to fixed amount of structures).

This AI
This one has horrible Early Phase but has good Middle and Late game. It does not consume a lot of resources early game making the overall game stronger (but spends so little that AI just gets pwned by tier 1 rush). Haven't played End game with this AI yet. If the maker of this AI can find a way to spend more resources if the enemy isn't teching and rushing then this will be a great AI.

So if I crush v5.5 in the mid game, this one isn't worth trying ;P? Still gonna try it ^^, will post feed back as soon as the game is over :P.

ooni

goose, this one doesn't load, prob wrong version
Better fix and reupload.

goosie

Quote from: ooni on March 02, 2010, 04:42:32 AM
Better fix and reupload.

Hmm, I re-uploaded it... it loads fine for me though :<

Do you have a modded Base.SC2Data? If you do, try rewriting it with mine - http://www.mediafire.com/?2nenlfbjtjf .

Iseedeadpeople

Quote from: goosie on March 02, 2010, 04:56:00 AM
Quote from: ooni on March 02, 2010, 04:42:32 AM
Better fix and reupload.

Hmm, I re-uploaded it... it loads fine for me though :<

Do you have a modded Base.SC2Data? If you do, try rewriting it with mine - http://www.mediafire.com/?2nenlfbjtjf .

OK, V4 works fine for me (both ways; folder-way & Base.SC2Data-way)...but im alittle bit confused: can i only use "your" .SCDATA-file to use your V4 or do i had to copy the triggerlib-folders  into installfolder,too? know what i mean?

creamsoda

I believe it's incompatible with StarCrack's AI mod v5.5, that's why the map didn't load up properly.

Iseedeadpeople

Quote from: creamsoda on March 02, 2010, 06:10:33 AM
I believe it's incompatible with StarCrack's AI mod v5.5, that's why the map didn't load up properly.

Yes I Know. My Question is, if goosies AI still works, when i start the game only with "his" modded Base.SC2Data-V4 without the triggerlibs-folders in my SC2-InstallFolder...

creamsoda

I wasn't talking to you.. I was talking to Goosie.

ooni

My Experience:
TvT I massed huge amounts of tanks and he went battle cruisers. Did not expect that.
I only managed to win by massing Thors which absolutely owned BCs.

This is far superior compared to v5.5. Though the builds are somewhat the same.
Two ways for cheap wins,
1: Rush (Though I failed the first time, it's not as easy, AI masses tier 1 units. You kind of have to do a cheese; 2 barracks lift)
2: Turtle then mass Thors (100% chance win rate, with this)

Now if AIs are able to build counter units this AI will be ownage.

AI Info:
I'll explain this AI in terms of Terran
In the Early Phase, there will be a wave or Marines and Marauders. Of course this can be repelled by Siege Tanks and supply depots.
In Mid Game, AI gets few Thors and charges with Marines and maybe one siege tank? Can't remember. This can again be repelled by Siege Tanks + any unit (preferably Thor)
In End Game, no Thors, no nothing just mass Battlecruisers (Maybe I saw few marines)

Same formula for all races
Tier 1 or 1.5 then straight to Final Tier.

Brownie Points:
Something I noticed. The AIs don't expand to their neutrals until later in the game. Which is good because it's harder to rush them.

Artanis186

This is wonderful. I honestly believe it's greater than 5.5.

The Protoss did EXCELLENT. Such a variety of units, that's the way it should be.

The Terran did... meh. The ONLY units I saw from them were Battlecruisers... that's no fun. They had a huge load of Factories AND Battlecruisers. I request making them have a nice variety. All you gotta do in here is get the BC's counter (still looking for that from the Protoss. My usual Stalker mass did alright, but that's only cuz they were retreating for 3/4 the time I was shooting at them)

I've yet to try the Zerg.

Just give the Terran some variety and I may have found a nice AI home. ^.^

Oh, and another reason this is superior. I saw the Terrans actually had Missile Turrets and other buildings in his expo. Bonus points for that.

ProoM

Just played it a couple times, nice to see improvements, AI expanded into island expansions, used medivacs, started massing BC's later on :}. Dealt pretty easy with BCs by responding with thors + vikings. Still haven't tested their detection ability. Kind of missed banshees, they do so much damage and AI didn't use them ;/. Anyways, good work, keep it up, gl ^^.

orbb24

I have been using the 5.5 AI. How do I make it so this one is the difficulty that gets used? I'm not sure I am understanding what to do. And I'm guessing after I put everything in the right folders I still use the lazyloader correct?

maxoxpower

great AI , bow the terran one is working :p

4 things ;

1. its not fun when in late game , the toss or the terran only use carrier or battlecruiser, maybe add some cool unit to beat with them
2. the terran ai dont build many tank siege ( good unit ) and reaper, ghost, bansshee!
3. maybe protoss can build mothership?
4. zerg suck, the dont build enough ( variety too )

Deathmental

I found this AI to be much easier than StarCrack's 5.5 AI.
I played 2 games so far. ZvT & ZvZ, me being Zerg, on both occasions.

The Terran AI was pretty damn weak. He never even really tried to attack me, just sent some Vikings now & then.  He did build a couple of Thors & Battlecruisers, not to mention a ton of Vikings & some other units in small numbers but that was quite late in the game already, my Roach & Hydralisk swarm just massacred them.

The Zerg AI did better. He didn't really do any harassing, instead he tried taking me down with pretty large armies, consisting of Roaches & Hydralisks mainly, with some Mutalisks & Banelings. He did expand fast but the expansions were not defended. Ultimately my Roach & Hydralisk swam crushed them.

I liked that the Zerg AI uses burrow, well the Drones do, at least. Haven't seen them ever use burrow in StarCrack's AI. If you can add Roaches & Infestors to the list of "burrowers", that would make the Zerg AI quite a lot tougher. Since Infestors have no attack of their own & are quite frail, it's risky to keep them on the ground when they are idle. That would improve the Zerg just a bit, not really necessary to add, just a suggestion. The real booster would be Roach burrow, based on their health. If you can make Roaches burrow when their health falls under 15% & resurface when over 80%, they would be much, much sturdier. Roaches heal very fast burrowed, it's only a matter of seconds to get fully healed underground. On the ground they do heal but really slowly. A part of the Roaches would be out of combat like this, weakening your attack force but since they heal so fast they become very difficult to kill, like Medics + Marines.

Good job on the AI but I found StarCrack's 5.5 to be superior. I hope that at least some of my feedback can help you better your AI. None of it was meant as criticism just trying to help so I can play against a better opponent.