StarLauncher v0.41 UPDATE with Team Setting, Color/Race Selection, Slot Changing

Started by Esper, March 07, 2010, 12:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kblood

Quote from: Esper on March 07, 2010, 08:53:01 PM
Quote from: Blackcode on March 07, 2010, 02:04:35 PM
Put your founds non this tread about team setting so i can upload later on wiki......
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-development/map-disassembling/msg7019/#msg7019

My way to implement team setting is ugly and not good. it patched/replaced the native code of galaxy function "PlayerGetAlliance", making it works as "PlayerSetAlliance", and patched the MapScript.galaxy for setting it.
I failed in finding way by modifying "MapInfo".
I have no time to work on this launcher, i will upload the source today later :)
Thanks :) But would it not be possible to just change some other script file with this then? Like MapScript.Galaxy?
I was hoping for a way to use this launcher to create a few maps that would have team setting without using your launcher, so that people could test team AI and such without the maps changing.
Other than that, great work :) I have been looking for functions like this, and in 0.41 of the launcher it really seems to work very well.

kblood

Quote from: lurenjia on March 08, 2010, 05:16:25 PM
Quote from: mariomaniac33 on March 08, 2010, 05:01:26 PM
Yep, I can confirm that v0.41 has teams working properly now! Many thanks!

However, there is a bug that should be pointed out. When playing with 6 player Metapolis, the launcher does not set up the teams and races properly. For example, you want player 6 to be terran and on your team with player 4 as Zerg and on the enemy's team, however, Zerg will be on your team and Terran will be the enemy.

This bug makes setting up 3v3 rather difficult since it sometimes becomes a 2v4.
The reason is the 6 player Metapolis map is not an official map by Blizzard. It is a modified map file, so the tool would have problem dealing with it.
I suspect it might be due to the map for some reason calls player 5 and 6, computer 5 and 6. Either that or maybe Blizzard's SC2 Beta does not really support more than 4 player maps in its coding yet.

mariomaniac33

Quote from: kblood on March 09, 2010, 05:13:19 AM
Quote from: lurenjia on March 08, 2010, 05:16:25 PM
Quote from: mariomaniac33 on March 08, 2010, 05:01:26 PM
Yep, I can confirm that v0.41 has teams working properly now! Many thanks!

However, there is a bug that should be pointed out. When playing with 6 player Metapolis, the launcher does not set up the teams and races properly. For example, you want player 6 to be terran and on your team with player 4 as Zerg and on the enemy's team, however, Zerg will be on your team and Terran will be the enemy.

This bug makes setting up 3v3 rather difficult since it sometimes becomes a 2v4.
The reason is the 6 player Metapolis map is not an official map by Blizzard. It is a modified map file, so the tool would have problem dealing with it.
I suspect it might be due to the map for some reason calls player 5 and 6, computer 5 and 6. Either that or maybe Blizzard's SC2 Beta does not really support more than 4 player maps in its coding yet.
Sure the problem may be map independent, but that does not change that fact that the loader CAN be updated to support this  :) . As I pointed out in my last post, I showed that it DOES work fine, but it is not inputting the teams properly on some hacked maps  :( .

Like I said, I've managed to play a couple of 3v3 and 2v2v2 on Metapolis now with this loader, so there's no doubt this bug can be fixed  ;) .

Kernel64

I'd like to request a feature to just save the map with settings without launching SC2? Thanks.

L33tGam3r

"...This launcher physically alters the source map file permanently" so when u watch the replays at first it goes normal then one day l8r it gives an error "Replay Desync!".
I have maps Documents and Settings\~~~\My Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Maps
I have them in the game directory and in the Local Settings.
I forgot to do a back up ( I dont even know what to backup ) now I dll-ed fresh new official blizzard and replaced them in every location I have maps in.
Still having the error ..so where does the launcher saves the modified maps?
And how to fix this I wanna watch my replays. The launcher is g8r tho.. GJ

prong

Quote from: L33tGam3r on March 10, 2010, 05:17:14 AM
"...This launcher physically alters the source map file permanently" so when u watch the replays at first it goes normal then one day l8r it gives an error "Replay Desync!".
I have maps Documents and Settings\~~~\My Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Maps
I have them in the game directory and in the Local Settings.
I forgot to do a back up ( I dont even know what to backup ) now I dll-ed fresh new official blizzard and replaced them in every location I have maps in.
Still having the error ..so where does the launcher saves the modified maps?
And how to fix this I wanna watch my replays. The launcher is g8r tho.. GJ
"Replay Desync" happens if you use the wrong AI
you need to use the AI the game was played with

L33tGam3r

never thought of that.. :o
But i guess it doesn't work either 
What does AI has to do with replays :?
I still think it's because of the maps any other ideas :? ::)