Change Gamespeed

Started by Mihau, February 28, 2010, 06:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mihau

Hi there, it seems that I am gaming on a slow mod... is there are possibility to change the gamespeed ? To make it faster ?

DrunkenPirate

You have to press F10 in game or click the menu button (top left) and then click options. Click the game play tab and look for "game speed". Change it to faster instead of normal. That should do it.  ;)
Pirate 4 Life

dodongbadong

hmm speaking of game speed i really wonder what is the normal or let say a ladder setting speed for the game.. im not fortunate enough to be chosen to get a beta key but i'm lucky enough to play with cracks and of course with ai's and take note they micro well hahaha..

nwez i really notice on replay setting that the normal mode is fast and faster equals 2x then fastest. i wonder if fast is the appropriate game speed to play sc2 coz its quite slow i think. but honestly i guess its only slow because of my pc im running sempron 140 codename sargas 2.7 ghz and i guess when i macro my units out it seems that the game speed is slowing  and when i pump units with my hobby of spamming keys i sometimes got lags  :'(   

here's my system
Processor   : AMD Sempron 140 2.7ghz(Sargas)
Video Card  : ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series 1Gig
RAM         : 2gig RAM
Hard Disk   : 80gig

im wondering what to upgrade is it my processor or my video card
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

DrunkenPirate

Check your FPS in game by pressing CTRL + ALT + F        if u are getting low FPS try changing your settings down to improve game play. I noticed the biggest thing that drops FPS is the shader and shadow setting
Pirate 4 Life

TokeGaming

what is the gamespeed people are using on multiplayer in the beta?

Such as in staracraft bw everyone used fastest speed, what speed should we use in sc2?

lecrycry

It's was very fast in sc2, the most fast.

dodongbadong

hahaha.. i just realize guys its not when i macro the game turns slow... damn

i really thank mihau for opening this topic game speed and of course to Drukenpirate for his solution on his problem hahaha.. i really look in my setting menu if there is game speed setting menu.. i was surprise that it has game speed setting

i usually plays normal speed since its default on ai maps i guess.. then after wards i change and play faster omg its really cool man.. marauders micro and unit really awesome and when your building up units specially siege tank it was really fast you can really appreciate the use of ctrl + numbering of multiple structures in one number.. i played map lost temple, shakura platue and twilight fortress

and for me having faster game speed in twilight fortress really cool im practising my micro and in twilight fortress 4 ai ffa you can have an ai opponent beside so rushing is a main thing and as well us the ai really rushes you.

when i reach to the point when i change my command center shortcut key to 0 i realize that my game speed turns slow then i realize that i press - on my keyboard which is shortcut for your game speed..

- for decreasing and + for increasing game speed

hahaha silly me after a whole day playing ai's and felt disgusted why my pc so slow and what to buy or upgrade. poof i solve my problem and best part is no more lagging.. no hang for few seconds.. wew.. (im currently running low graphics setting cant w8 on ultra setting)

sc2 is awesome guys cant wait to play against other person.

p.s.
i was wrong saying that there fast is quite slow actually its normal game speed for sc2 i think is equals to ladder in scbw.

then followed by fast then faster. faster is the max game speed in sc2 and i think its equivalent to fastest in scbw.

try it yourself guys its really cool and thank God if beta testers multiplayers play in fastest gamespeed since i think is way better to play sc2
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

chetjan

Is there anyway to make it always open in fastest? The quickest for me is what dodongbadong said, (with + and -) but I'd like to not have to do that each time.

dodongbadong

yah i agree with chetjan

i think ai devs should try to update their map and lock to faster setting and lock it.. coz its really silly playing normal or lower speed setting..
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

DrunkenPirate

As of now, everytime you play a solo game vs a computer opponent you have to change the game speed. In Starcraft Broodwar if you went to singleplayer to play a computer it did the same exact thing  :(

Online in SC2 all ladder games are played on the fastest speed. Personally I don't know why blizzard makes us change the speed EVERY game we play against AI instead of using default fastest speed like they do online...oh well
Pirate 4 Life

CaPpedDoG

You can use + , - (not numpad) to change gamespeed. Also to find the "real" speed settings just look at the time required to build something: ie. SCV 17 seconds (i think it's 17) and count to 17. Adjust accordingly ;)