Blizzard says Opps? Or rather nothing at all.

Started by cyricc, April 22, 2010, 07:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyricc

Fucking Blizzard... The day I get my Beta Key is the same day they decide to release this failed patch, since it gets stuck in an infinite loop and keeps trying to update the 1st patch... Wow, great job. Did they even test it before release? Obviously not since EVERYONE experienced this problem. Not only that, but once you can figure out how to maneuver around this fucking annoyance you get shafted with a Battle.net is down for maintenance message. Further investigation proves that this is for a reset of ranks and profiles. O rly? A reset takes 5-10 minutes, not 5-10 hours. OK, That's fine and everything I know things need to be looked into, especially after blizzard fails on a patch, but how about making a topic in their own forum about the problem and it being looked into, NOTHING.

And how about making a page or section or anything that shows the status of the Battle.net servers. Its like Blizzard has forgotten that they have been a video game company for how many years now? Shiny graphics but shitty support.

-_______________________________________-

Infinite loop has been fixed. B.net Still down 9:00 pm Cent.

diesel

cyricc

Quote from: diesel on April 22, 2010, 08:02:21 PM
things like this are bound to happen beta

Beta for a beginning company on a program that no one has ever heard of. Not Beta SC2.

cyricc

Quote from: ajdl334 on April 22, 2010, 08:12:25 PM
lol umad?

Dude this "umad" shit is fucking stupid, no im fucking peachy, are you retarded?

Drew1231

Quote from: cyricc on April 22, 2010, 07:59:52 PM
Fucking Blizzard... The day I get my Beta Key is the same day they decide to release this failed patch, since it gets stuck in an infinite loop and keeps trying to update the 1st patch... Wow, great job. Did they even test it before release? Obviously not since EVERYONE experienced this problem. Not only that, but once you can figure out how to maneuver around this fucking annoyance you get shafted with a Battle.net is down for maintenance message. Further investigation proves that this is for a reset of ranks and profiles. O rly? A reset takes 5-10 minutes, not 5-10 hours. OK, That's fine and everything I know things need to be looked into, especially after blizzard fails on a patch, but how about making a topic in their own forum about the problem and it being looked into, NOTHING.

And how about making a page or section or anything that shows the status of the Battle.net servers. Its like Blizzard has forgotten that they have been a video game company for how many years now? Shiny graphics but shitty support.

I'm with you, blizz is pissing me off, not just with the crashes.

They started by letting wow take over, in the past 6 years that starcraft has been "in development" how many WoW expansions have come out?

How do they have to shut these servers down for a day when WoW gets huge updates and little to no down time.

How do they manage to mess up the f'in updater, while WoW is perfectly fine no matter what.

Blizzard has been consumed by WoW. We will not see any more good games coming from them.

You can expect about 15 more WoW expansions before diablo 3 is released and about 50 before SC3.

They also outsource work to some country in asia... how do you mess it up to the point that there is 11st 12nd and 13rd?

A company making more than a billion a month cannot get this to work, who knows maybe WoW has a problem with the color of the "GIVE YOU MONEY TO BLIZZ" button that they need to fix.

Maybe the SC2 devs that want to make a game need to split off like the torchlight team did.

Flexserve

Blizzard FAILS to Impress 
While WoW gamers get the most attention and patches that work flawlessly; Blizzard releases a rather flawed patch 9 for their famous Starcraft 2 Beta. The patch when installed causes an infinite loop when the user tries to run the game. BUT, that's not all; Battlenet 2.0 has a series of simple errors such as "12rd" and "11st" place on ladders. This clearly points to Blizzard trying to save a buck and outsourcing the programming tasks to ease production costs. The lead developer of Battlenet2.0 should be replaced with a monkey that knows the Indian language. The results would be a tremendous improvement. (Somebody LIED on their resume' to get the job.) The Battlenet monkeys have lost data, broken connections, reset ladders multiple times, and ignored real issues. 
At the same time Blizzard attorneys have been feverishly trying to stop any and all websites trying to make an emulator for their newest Battlenet 2.0 server. (This site does not have a Battlenet 2.0 server, nor does it use any software by Blizzard..so fuck off Blizz/Activision attorneys!) Blizzard seems to be ignoring the cries of the players for simple fixes and LAN capability. No more partying with friends! After 6 years of development and and years longer waiting for a sequel, Blizzard seems to be showing it's Starcraft fans exactly how it could care less about them since they do not sport a $15.00 USD membership fee EVERY MONTH!
To top things off most cannot enter a bug report to make Blizzard fully aware of its latest patch loop fuckup. The problem you ask? Battlenet accounts and forum accounts are linked. This means if you do not have an avatar picked (which is gone because of resets to the Battlenet Database) you CANNOT POST. How stupid is that? No picture..no post.  
If Blizzard wants to get their shit straight, they need to hire a new Battlenet 2 Lead Developer/Manager and get the developers from the open source sc2 emulation teams to help the Indian developers that were outsourced to figure it all out.
What an absolutely disgusting display of ignorance on Blizzard's behalf.

(Source: StarPort13)
Starcraft II Beta Testor. (Offline Version)

Drew1231

Quote from: Flexserve on April 22, 2010, 08:44:58 PM
Blizzard FAILS to Impress 
While WoW gamers get the most attention and patches that work flawlessly; Blizzard releases a rather flawed patch 9 for their famous Starcraft 2 Beta. The patch when installed causes an infinite loop when the user tries to run the game. BUT, that's not all; Battlenet 2.0 has a series of simple errors such as "12rd" and "11st" place on ladders. This clearly points to Blizzard trying to save a buck and outsourcing the programming tasks to ease production costs. The lead developer of Battlenet2.0 should be replaced with a monkey that knows the Indian language. The results would be a tremendous improvement. (Somebody LIED on their resume' to get the job.) The Battlenet monkeys have lost data, broken connections, reset ladders multiple times, and ignored real issues. 
At the same time Blizzard attorneys have been feverishly trying to stop any and all websites trying to make an emulator for their newest Battlenet 2.0 server. (This site does not have a Battlenet 2.0 server, nor does it use any software by Blizzard..so fuck off Blizz/Activision attorneys!) Blizzard seems to be ignoring the cries of the players for simple fixes and LAN capability. No more partying with friends! After 6 years of development and and years longer waiting for a sequel, Blizzard seems to be showing it's Starcraft fans exactly how it could care less about them since they do not sport a $15.00 USD membership fee EVERY MONTH!
To top things off most cannot enter a bug report to make Blizzard fully aware of its latest patch loop fuckup. The problem you ask? Battlenet accounts and forum accounts are linked. This means if you do not have an avatar picked (which is gone because of resets to the Battlenet Database) you CANNOT POST. How stupid is that? No picture..no post.  
If Blizzard wants to get their shit straight, they need to hire a new Battlenet 2 Lead Developer/Manager and get the developers from the open source sc2 emulation teams to help the Indian developers that were outsourced to figure it all out.
What an absolutely disgusting display of ignorance on Blizzard's behalf.

(Source: StarPort13)
:thumbsup:

I'll send blizz $15 and see if they can get their greedy hands to program something other than WoW.

cyricc

Flexserve you are brilliant. Thank you for posting that.

This is what it really comes down to, numbers.

11.8 million WoW subscribers as of 2008, its 2 years later, maybe it stayed the same.

At the CHEAPEST, and this is giving blizzard a lot of fucking leg room, the monthly sub costs 12 usd.

$12 x 11.8 mill subs = $141.6 mill x 12 months =  $1.6992 Billion Fucking Dollars a YEAR.

And they have to fucking out source? WTF Blizzard don't be fucking greedy douche bags, we support your fucking games, how about supporting the customers. Or supporting your fucking country and creating jobs?

diesel

i'd understand if you paid for the game and this happened and you were mad, but damn c'mon its in beta stage and its free. i don't know why you're so angry.

cyricc

Quote from: diesel on April 22, 2010, 08:52:40 PM
i'd understand if you paid for the game and this happened and you were mad, but damn c'mon its in beta stage and its free. i don't know why you're so angry.

Lol I didn't pirate this game buddy. $65 pre-order got me a beta key. Not to mention I've seen and given better support for free games. I've also bought SC, BW, WC3, FT, WoW, and DII. Maybe after all the years of pumping my money into blizzard I want my shit to work right when they hand it to me?

diesel

of course we all want our shit to work but the fact that its SC2 beta implies that its not perfect and its for testing purposes and you knew that when you signed up for it and now your getting angry because the game isnt perfect

cyricc

Quote from: diesel on April 22, 2010, 09:01:48 PM
of course we all want our shit to work but the fact that its SC2 beta implies that its not perfect and its for testing purposes and you knew that when you signed up for it and now your getting angry because the game isnt perfect

I see your point, but its not the game, its the support for customers. Read flexserves post to understand, I would have posted this in the SC2 Forum but I couldn't. I needed a place to vent.

Flexserve

Quote from: diesel on April 22, 2010, 09:01:48 PM

6 years development for 12rd place and some flaws that even amatuer's know to avoid? are you kidding?
Starcraft II Beta Testor. (Offline Version)

Applewilliam

atleast we can fool around with the map editor while we wait for bnet to come up again.  Whoever said Blizzard is being consumed by WOW knows what the fuck he is talking about