StarCrack AI Official 6.0 Feedback Thread

Started by turdburgler, March 05, 2010, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killabyte

yea turd don't get upset with those of us that are actually trying to give constructive criticism vs those that just want to bitch for the sake of bitching.  if you are walling against the AI and complaining then it's no wonder you're not being challenged.  i think some of them are expecting the old days of setting the AI to insane and walling up on big game hunters with a 7 on 1 and expecting a good fight and waste of 30 mins to an hour's time and you're just not going to get that out of this right now.

you did make such improvements in the last week that i think everyone just expected a lot more.  i'm guilty of that myself.  when i say expected i mean as in was looking forward to more not as in felt "entitled" to more so don't take that the wrong way.  i also think that if each race has 27 possible strategies that everyone should play at least 10 games before offering any kind of criticism.  or i could be stupid and have completely misunderstood what was said.

i still think a big advance would be getting the AI's to work together so that it isn't FFA.  i honestly think that would be a big boost to how much of a challenge it is.  maybe i'm asking for something stupid, i dunno.  might be done in the map for all i know or it might not even have been coded in by blizzard yet.

Dollerz.Mercenary

Does patching sc2 make the ai not load, or is it lazylaunch 2?

starscraft-2-fan

does anyone have a problem loading the replays for the AI i cant seem to load them

Tudi

Avsome job guys, did not yet check out rev 6 but for an AVG JOE like meit took more then 3 hours ( at least 15 - 2 ) to beat the AI (5.5cheating).
I think 5.5 was amaizing. Maybe it was just me but i seenT comming with like 6 thors, vikings scanning area for siege tanks toattack( 1 viking at a time). Protos teching up, Zerg constantlyrushing...Overall this gave me quite some challange(yeah i can readthat most of you guys here are bored by the AI).
How hard was 5.5 ?Once i tried to rush the AI with 48 marines, 6 battlecruisers, 6 siegetanks, 12 marauders, 4 madivacs and 5 ravens. He caught me infront ofmy base so i dropped 20 towers with the ravens and managed to save 3battlecruisers from all my army. Until they got to enemy base the AIrebuilt all he's force and i got owned ofc. I know he rebuilt becausehe cheated. Now if this does not give a better time then SC1 AI thenyou guys come from the moon.

I dare you play only in "fastest" game setting with cheating version.

Willdefenetly donate cause i beleave if you put heart in a project it willcome out better in 1 week then 1 million dolar invested in workslaves.

PS.: i seen that blizz sometimes uses techniques that depend on your CPUpower. Ex WOW collision detection gets worse with less CPU power ( 5years wow dev here). So if AI sucks for you it might be because of theAI not getting enough juice to think things over(predict the futureonly on short term).

Sly_Fly

Quote from: starscraft-2-fan on March 06, 2010, 12:48:19 PM
does anyone have a problem loading the replays for the AI i cant seem to load them

[url=http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/not-enough-pylons/how-to-view-your-own-replays-(with-full-instructions-on-how-to-install-the-game)/]http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/not-enough-pylons/how-to-view-your-own-replays-(with-full-instructions-on-how-to-install-the-game)/
[/url]

steps 8 and 9. That should put you on the right track.

The Not Enough Pylons forum is your friend.

Looking forward to trying out the 6.0 AI. So far there has been much progress made and I salute all the developers and their hard work.

Nipels

Quote from: Tudi on March 06, 2010, 12:51:01 PM
I dare you play only in "fastest" game setting with cheating version.
Fastest is the only way to play.  ;D

I suggest we make a list of challenges to go along with the new AI to artificially make it more challenging. Here are mine.

(No Walling on any of these)

Beat the AI with less than 100 PSI, 80 PSI, 50PSI. No rushing for 5 minutes.

Beat the AI with less than 10 Workers mining per base/expansion. All Workers must be made by the CC/Nexus/Hatch at said expansion. No Transfering workers from one base to another.

Beat the AI as Zerg using ONLY static defensive structures and creep tumors.

Beat the AI as Protoss using ONLY Sentries.

Beat the AI as Terran using ONLY Ravens.

More to come.

maczor

I register this acc just to tell this is really one of best ai i played with. Dont listen lame comments..This is the first ai ( non cheating i lost 2, and its big lol to me cuz im not sc noob : D )  But well i play whit 4 comps,  1 ai just cant be enuff fun like when u play vs real opponent : )
GJ develop team, continue work like this !

ashdlgsagld

Also guys, check to see if you're playing at "Faster" speed.  It's a lot easier on "Normal" which I did not realize I was playing on :P 

Still haven't lost to 6 though  :-[

Naymek

Excellent upgrade gentlemen, fantastic work. What a positive difference in intelligence from 5.5. Again, nice job!

godspiral

This is harder than 5.5 for sure.  Very challenging and fun.  Especially if you don't just mass up in your base and wait for it to come to you. 

turdburgler

I agree that I'm having lots of fun playing FFA with this. I haven't lost yet but I've had a few close calls. A lot of fun  :)

killabyte

Quote from: ashdlgsagld on March 06, 2010, 01:44:31 PM
Also guys, check to see if you're playing at "Faster" speed.  It's a lot easier on "Normal" which I did not realize I was playing on :P 

Still haven't lost to 6 though  :-[

that's a good point dude.  i thought about the game speed last weekend when i first tried out an AI and figured nah i better get the hang of it first since i haven't played any SC in years.  now that someone mentioned it and reminded me i'm gonna try it in a little while.  be sure to try different maps too guys.

for anyone that doesn't know just use your keypad + and - to increase and decrease speed.

Frosty3k

Hey, good job on this new version. :)  It works quite well.  For the first time I see the AI building detectors AND they don't retreat at the site of a few units.

There is, however, one thing that I noticed.  No matter what you do, the AI doesn't change their build.  It would be good to set the AI to a pre-defined strategy throughout the game, but also make some room for countering other players.

Also, on the Lost Temple map, the AI (at least the one protoss build) never built ANY air units other than observers.  So they couldn't attack my island bases.

But otherwise, good job. :)

devinmorris

Nice Job on 6.0, it is better then 5.5 for sure.

ETA till 7.0?

maczor

Quote from: Frosty3k on March 06, 2010, 02:34:25 PM

Also, on the Lost Temple map, the AI (at least the one protoss build) never built ANY air units other than observers.  So they couldn't attack my island bases.

But otherwise, good job. :)
LOL wtf ? i lost to mass carriers: D  i need check later maybe i lost vs cheating ai, not standard but dont think so, first toss atacked me whit cca 6 carriers, i killed them, then 2nd toss  come whit even more and voids : ))

btw i play only on fastest