[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razredge

Team selection is completely useless.
The AI doesn't really do anything at all, it don't understand its allied to somebody.
And in fact, it actually isn't allied, as the minimap shows, the so called "Ally" is actually shown as red (meaning enemy). Even though they aren't actually normally 'attackable', the cursor does turn red over one of yours "allied" units.
In other words, the "Team selection" isn't fully working as intended, and even if you can live with that, the AI doesn't really understand how it works, and will try to attack you, meaninglessly.

I'll say it again, "Team selection is currently useless.", just sit tight and wait until it's actually useful, only then it'll be featured in this launcher.

saubapcai

Quote from: Razredge on March 08, 2010, 12:32:35 AM
Team selection is completely useless.
The AI doesn't really do anything at all, it don't understand its allied to somebody.
And in fact, it actually isn't allied, as the minimap shows, the so called "Ally" is actually shown as red (meaning enemy). Even though they aren't actually normally 'attackable', the cursor does turn red over one of yours "allied" units.
In other words, the "Team selection" isn't fully working as intended, and even if you can live with that, the AI doesn't really understand how it works, and will try to attack you, meaninglessly.

I'll say it again, "Team selection is currently useless.", just sit tight and wait until it's actually useful, only then it'll be featured in this launcher.

I try AI6.1 with 2 enemies in other team, and they make good coop. So i think team selection is usefull in this case. Training with single bot is boring even with cheat enabled. I want to fight with many race in 1 match. Please include team select in this launcher !!!

getITdone

Thanks a bunch for this new update... choosing starting race and team color... woot!

The GUI went bigger and so did the memory use. Just understandably proper but the new GUI layout is a step back in development, IMHO. I thought you guys are going to add pop up option panels and such to make the initial GUI launcher compact and light. Like maybe it starts as a "tall" rectangle (imagine IMs like YM, MSN, XFire, etc.) with protruding/inserted tabs at one side. Upon clicking a tab, it pops out the side or the GUI front display changes to display the chosen tab's contents. Tabs could probably be Play, Options, Folders, Replays. (I'm not much good at paint programs so I chose to just describe it with words :) )

Also, I would like to suggest that the devs include by default a folder for the original AI so that it can be easily seen from the list of AI scripts available and also to eliminate the need for the "Restore" button. (Hence, more free space on the GUI. I have this folder in my setup from the time I started using this launcher and have never used the "Restore" button ever.)

EDIT:
About the launcher app exiting upon game launch (after pressing PLAY), that's nice. But there are some people who prefer that it doesn't but instead be minimized after pressing PLAY. Another option perhaps? Like a checkbox for "Minimize upon PLAY" with the default being to exit upon PLAY.

chikopaws

I always get this error everytime I click play:

what's wrong with this launcher??
looks like everytime I downloaded a new updated launcher there's always some error..
I'm tired of this.. :'(
I'm using win 7 ultimate 64-bit
v0.20 works well with me

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A0035 (CTL_E_FILENOTFOUND)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
   at WindowsApplication1.FileIO.CopyFile(String file, String base_file, String folder)
   at WindowsApplication1.Main.btn_Play_Click()
   at WindowsApplication1.Main._Lambda$__3(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Starcraft II - Beta Launcher
    Assembly Version: 0.21.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.21.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StarCraft%20II%20Beta/Starcraft%20II%20-%20Beta%20Launcher.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
MagickNet
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.3
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StarCraft%20II%20Beta/MagickNet.DLL
msvcm80
    Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.4927
    Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.4927
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_d08a205e442db5b5/msvcm80.dll
MpqLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3329.41510
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/StarCraft%20II%20Beta/MpqLib.DLL
msvcm90
    Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.4926
    Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.4926
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a/msvcm90.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Bloodcrave

i just realized that even though i have show fps ticked, i don't have fps being shown in the game

maybe this has something to do with why i'm having some problems running starcrack 6.1?

chikopaws

looks like all people who got the same error as I posted above are using windows 7 64 BIT..

maybe a fix for 64 bit version..

chikopaws

Quote from: Bloodcrave on March 08, 2010, 01:30:20 AM
i just realized that even though i have show fps ticked, i don't have fps being shown in the game

maybe this has something to do with why i'm having some problems running starcrack 6.1?

@bloodcrave what windows are you using??

Zezariz

Well lol new image isn't finished yet but :P any tips?

orbb24

Found out my problem. Got it all updated to the newest patch. Love this GUI. I have been practicing my toss builds and I can finally play on the fastest setting. Absolutely loving it. And you gotta love picking your own color :) On a side note does anyone know how many times you have to press + at the beginning of the game to get to what the "new" competitive speed is? I'm guessing just maxing it out which I believe is twice. I just spam it like 6 times. But maybe it is only one press. I don't know. Anyone know? BTW liking the new layout idea you just posted. Good work.

Bloodcrave

kilarhian

I found that if I unchecked the Use Internet option I stopped getting that error message.  Win7 x64

saubapcai

Quote from: Zezariz on March 08, 2010, 02:00:56 AM
Well lol new image isn't finished yet but :P any tips?

My Suggestions:

• Add select team feature
  • Add color into "Select color combo" for clear :)
  • Do not exist after run game
  • Game version: add "Latest version" option
  • SCII args and language: use tab or new popup to edit them, so form will be smaller(i like that) because we no need to change these opts every game and some are useless (such as "Disable all texture", I only use "Show FPS" and "Disable window key")
  • When open a replay, can u detect it use custom AI or not and then auto restore original if needed
  • Last one: i like form size smaller, about 1/4 screen size
I love this launcher :)

Zezariz

Here's the image almost finished need to close up more space add text play/replay buttons:P lol and im just making an image of what i think it should look like not what it does Saubapcai

programm

ANY1 knows how to fix this??? Im not the only 1 getting it Also where do you choose to have allied computer??