[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mOsteel

Quote from: Zezariz on March 08, 2010, 03:58:07 AM
Here's the image almost finished need to close up more space add text play/replay buttons:P lol and im just making an image of what i think it should look like not what it does Saubapcai

appreciate the very good work man but please make it smaller than the previous version. players doesn't like it too big.

and hopefully when your done valkirie will use your work. ftw!

saubapcai

Quote from: Zezariz on March 08, 2010, 03:58:07 AM
Here's the image almost finished need to close up more space add text play/replay buttons:P lol and im just making an image of what i think it should look like not what it does Saubapcai

I see! but how do you design layout if u don't know what it does?
I just want an useful/beautiful launcher, that why I wait your works but not use the other!!!

azndrugdealer

Ya i get the same error too, when i select any maps i get

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "41<script>document.write('<ifram" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   at WindowsApplication1.Main.ReadingMapInfo()
   at WindowsApplication1.Main._Lambda$__8(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Starcraft II - Beta Launcher
    Assembly Version: 0.21.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.21.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/StarCraft II Beta/Starcraft II - Beta Launcher.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
MagickNet
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.3
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///E:/StarCraft II Beta/MagickNet.DLL
msvcm80
    Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.4927
    Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.4927
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_d08a205e442db5b5/msvcm80.dll
MpqLib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3329.41510
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///E:/StarCraft II Beta/MpqLib.DLL
msvcm90
    Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.4926
    Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.4926
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a/msvcm90.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Zezariz

appreciate the very good work man but please make it smaller than the previous version. players doesn't like it too big.

and hopefully when your done valkirie will use your work. ftw!
I think he would have last time if i wasnt a goob (i merged the images so it couldn't be used in flash. which is why im remaking it) i got a message or two about it so maybe this time we'll see this :P and whats a good size? I'm thinking 900 x 563 heh because it can still be read like this any smaller id have to remake it again :P

programm

Stop ignoring people with errors! The above psoter - I also had it but here is what I did. I deleted Lazy Launcher2.exe to see if it will work w/o it, then the Starcraft II - Beta Launcher said it cannot find Launcher2. So I restored Lazyl;auncher2 and ran the Starcraft II - Beta Launcher.exe - it worked - I could see my maps and could select Color and Race.

However,  now the PLAY button is inactive. Where should I put SC2Base.Data cause I have the latest v6.1 in Mods\SC2.Liberty\. My play button doesnt work.  Change Difficulty level is empty, how do I make the Play button active and get soem AI on that change diffculty screen?

[mrn]

Very nice layout in 0.21  :) I just might've noticed a bug: the FPS-counter doesn't show up on anymore even though I do have the box checked. I haven't really touched any other buttons than the map-selection ones. What's should I do to make it work again?  :-X

[ edit ]
Hmm wth, I just started the launcher for the first time today and now I got that .NET framework error aswell.

Bt

For all you people complaining about it not working or giving errors, I hope you've done a fresh install of both SC2 and the latest launcher before you come in here getting angry at Valk.

This is not a service you are entitled to, this is something someone else has made for others to enjoy out of the goodness of their heart.

programm

Quote from: Bt on March 08, 2010, 04:34:43 AM
For all you people complaining about it not working or giving errors, I hope you've done a fresh install of both SC2 and the latest launcher before you come in here getting angry at Valk.

This is not a service you are entitled to, this is something someone else has made for others to enjoy out of the goodness of their heart.

Some are trying to just make it work? So bug off.

And to Valk - all point your launcher, I also liked it the most but you need to also post some sort of guide for such problems when it gives that error and how to enable the Play button cause right now there is no good explanation and for me the Play button doesnt work - I have my maps in my own custom folder in Battle.net\Cache\ my own Map names, could this be a reason?

UberB

can anyone upload to a mirror? china has blocked mediafire

programm

I still dont know Why PLAY button is inactive and I cant launch thru it. As on the picture.

Also few notes:

• Make LightBlue color and those work
• is Neutral the ally? How do you choose which is ally which is team
• Rename Spectators to Observers, pls Spectators is anewbish and annoying word and all Blizz games use the name Observer

dodongbadong

hey guys..

kindly check if you have netframework 3.5 installed

if so make sure you have chosen ai map and ai difficulty as well
after that try clicking play button.

if this wont work and you have netframework 3.5 try downloading again and make sure your .21 is not corrupt and then extract it again on your starcraft2 beta folder. i encountered problems like jit and other stuffs but when i freshly installed or extract a copy on my sc2 folder it solves the problem..

p.s.make sure you unchecked your use internet box menu.
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

Astazha

Bt is right.  I have the error too but acting all demanding and indignant is just rude.

Valk is obviously trying to make this as user-friendly as possible. The errors have been posted.  Sit back and wait for a fix.  Maybe wish him/her good luck in tracking down the errors.  I mean... it's not like you're Valk's paying customer or something, and it's not like Valk gets to work on this full time.  FFS. 

I personally just reinstalled 0.20 and went back to using random races.

Valk the error didn't come up the first time... I want to say that once I actually exited Starcraft the loader gui broke.  It was working, I tried quitting a game (instead of exit program) to see what would happen.  It brought be back to battlenet login, I exited.  I want to say that the gui for the loader was broken at that point, but I'm not certain of that.

Good luck with it, and thanks for all the hard work.  I'm sure you have a life and a job on top of developing this.  I appreciate the convenient gui access to Lazyloader very much ; )

It might be worthwhile to put a link to 0.20 back up.  I kept the old files in case there was a problem with 0.21, but some people might not have it if they want to try rolling back.  For those of you in that boat, try seeing if you have the zip/rar file still. 

Or you could just run LazyLauncher2 from the command prompt as described in it's help file.

programm

Bt is right? So instead of some helpful post in fixing the problems you are calling some trolling that is completely useless to any1 with a problem 'right'? Lol at you. Some arent here to bash Valkirie just get this thing working, are you stupid???

EDIT: I have AI 6.1, if you dont find it and find only 6.0 from the rar, maybe it is because it is not made to work with 6.1 yet. So 6.0 works and PLAY button is now active.

Astazha

I have .Net 3.5 SP1.  I re-extracted 0.21 and the error is still present.

I haven't tried redownloading 0.21 (it's the same one that worked before) it or reinstalling the loader or client.  I'm kindof assuming since everything works fine with 0.20 that there's an error somewhere in 0.21 and that the client and loader are ok.

UberB

Never mind, I got it downloaded! This release is perfect now that you've removed the need for an internet request. I can't thank you enough!