Who of you were disapointed by SC2?

Started by forhex, March 01, 2010, 06:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your opnion about SC2 after playing it!

I didn't thought it would be so awsome
39 (29.5%)
I wanted it to be like that!
40 (30.3%)
It's O.K. but could be better
41 (31.1%)
Nothing really special, I'm not excited
4 (3%)
I'm disapointed
8 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

greymanic

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 02, 2010, 01:59:11 PM
Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 01:45:45 PM
Oh settle down.  My opinion is just my opinion but yeah, I don't see how any veteran fan can fail to see the shallowness of this game--I never said you shouldn't enjoy it did I?  People always read into shit even when the english is clear as day.  You even mention the single-player game as being innovative which I'd already said. lol.  If anything my comments are just out of place because people are still googly-eyed over it but reality will strike eventually.  J

Just move on if you can't handle it and by all means, enjoy away... "Enjoying" for me used to mean years of enjoyment.  This might last me the length of the single-player campaign.   

I forgot to mention that it's been 10 years.  Waiting 10 years for a sequel like this?  It can only be explained away by the dominance of wow which has lasted way too long. Blizzard has gone down a notch.  OK?  And spare me your righteous indignation which is pretty lame considering you hang out here as much as anyone looking to leech the latest crack.

Clearly I don't think it's shallow if I enjoy the game, that was my point. So my interpretation of your statement was true, even if it wasn't direct. You assumed that all veteran players of blizzard games couldn't possibly like this game, and I proved you wrong.

Just move on? I could say the same thing to you. I'm not moving on because I enjoy the game, and I enjoy what we have here available to us in this community. If YOU don't enjoy SC2, then YOU move on.

And me looking for the next crack in AI is VASTLY different than you S-T-E-A-L-I-N-G the game from Blizzard. I'm not making them lose money. I'm not hacking their multiplayer servers to get an unfair advantage. I'm not cheating. I just want to try their game out because I'm excited for it. The day the game comes out I'm purchasing it and removing all cracks from the game. So yes, I am better than you in that regard, and I'm proud of it.

No. I'm right in that a lot of blizzard fans think it's shallow.  Just look on any board on the internet including this one.  Remember, I added the disclaimer "unless your long-term conscious and unconscious memory is shot".  I guess that includes you.  Oh wait, you're right, I failed to mention people who are much easier to please than the rest of us--the word "shallow" again comes to mind.   Or maybe you're just offended, like you said, and will talk trash now any way you can. 

Still I was only talking about the shelf-life of the game.  I think anyone could enjoy it for a short time.  People will get bored a lot faster though because as a sequel it's lacking.  I keep repeating myself to you man.  Go back and read my "initial orgasm" comment. wtf?  When the game releases, I'm sure I won't bother you here anymore.

EDIT: Also, I meant move on to where people aren't bashing your poor game... as in this thread ... prickly little guy.

Gamewiz

Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 02:24:59 PM
No. I'm right in that a lot of blizzard fans think it's shallow.  Just look on any board on the internet including this one.  Remember, I added the disclaimer "unless your long-term conscious and unconscious memory is shot".  I guess that includes you.  Oh wait, you're right, I failed to mention people who are much easier to please than the rest of us--the word "shallow" again comes to mind.   Or maybe you're just offended, like you said, and will talk trash now any way you can. 

Still I was only talking about the shelf-life of the game.  I think anyone could enjoy it for a short time.  People will get bored a lot faster though because as a sequel it's lacking.  I keep repeating myself to you man.  Go back and read my "initial orgasm" comment. wtf?  When the game releases, I'm sure I won't bother you here anymore.

EDIT: Also, I meant move on to where people aren't bashing your poor game... as in this thread ... prickly little guy.

And you are wrong because there are A LOT of people who DON'T think it's shallow. And by your delusional version of logic, somehow a person has a mental disability because they don't agree with you?

Honestly, your stupidity and ignorance here astounds me. You are giving your OPINION, NOT FACT! And I've never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, quite the opposite actually. What I have a problem with is that if someone disagrees with you, you think they aren't entitled to that. You think your word must be law.

And again, you say that you "know" that the shelf life of this game will not be long based solely upon your opinion which you think is fact. You do NOT "know" anything. You can't prove that I will agree with you after this game is out. You don't know me or my personal preferences when it comes to gaming. Stop thinking you can speak for other people.

You are the only one on a high horse here, pal.

Dizmaul

Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 01:53:54 PM
Quote from: Dizmaul on March 02, 2010, 01:14:13 PM
Im sorry but any1 who is dissapointed by this game could not of been a fan of sc1. I don't care what you say if you loved sc1 you have to love sc2 its just amazing. Ive never heard of people complain about why they didn't make more changes to the greatest RTS ever made. You make it sound like sc1 was some game you played once when you where little and this 1 looks to much like it. Do you not realize sc1 is still being played today (obviously your not one of the people who play), and going from sc1 to sc2 its like night and day. Also for all the bitching i hear about the campaign and how "OMG 3 games to buy how could they hustle us?!?". I played the terran single player at blizzcon. This is not I REPEAT NOT JUST DOING MISSIONS like in sc1. Its a full on redic game in itself and if you dont enjoy the first one DON'T BUY THE SECOND 2.

Bottom line SC2 is amazing in every single aspect thus far. DON'T LISTEN TO THE TROLLS THEY JUST HATE LIFE...

Ok. Being wrong about me not being a sc1 fan is more tolerable considering how wrong you are about the new game.  You do realize you're describing the e-sport koreans... nothing against them it's just many of us don't fall into that catagory.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions that this game is mainly about satisfying e-sport types.  So you're either one of them or think that a great sequel is just about the graphics.  If I'm wrong pray tell me, what makes the difference like night and day?

Suspicions that this game is mainly about satisfying e-sport types?! of course it is and why would it be any other way. Who cares if you like the game, you will stop playing anyways 6 months after release when something "new" comes out, or maybe even sooner when you keep loosing to scrubs on ladder. Im happy they satisfy the people who are dedicated hardcore fans of the e-sport. Which is what has kept the starcraft community alive after you decided in 2001 you where done with the game. If you don't like a serious game like starcraft go play something else.

greymanic

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 02, 2010, 02:34:47 PM

And you are wrong because there are A LOT of people who DON'T think it's shallow. And by your delusional version of logic, somehow a person has a mental disability because they don't agree with you?

Honestly, your stupidity and ignorance here astounds me. You are giving your OPINION, NOT FACT! And I've never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, quite the opposite actually. What I have a problem with is that if someone disagrees with you, you think they aren't entitled to that. You think your word must be law.

And again, you say that you "know" that the shelf life of this game will not be long based solely upon your opinion which you think is fact. You do NOT "know" anything. You can't prove that I will agree with you after this game is out. You don't know me or my personal preferences when it comes to gaming. Stop thinking you can speak for other people.

You are the only one on a high horse here, pal.

LOL.  You did it again.  I said posts ago that it was all my personal opinion. You fail every time.  It's like what else do I have to do to qualify my statements and not be misunderstood by some random dimwit.

Yeah, my opinion but based on obvious common sense given what we should know about gamers and blizzard history.

Forget it.  You act way too young to have been a serious gamer when sc1 was around anyway.  Have fun with the rest of your non-sensical little nerd rage fuckups.

Gamewiz

Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 03:22:16 PM
LOL.  You did it again.  I said posts ago that it was all my personal opinion. You fail every time.  It's like what else do I have to do to qualify my statements and not be misunderstood by some random dimwit.

Yeah, my opinion but based on obvious common sense given what we should know about gamers and blizzard history.

Forget it.  You act way too young to have been a serious gamer when sc1 was around anyway.  Have fun with the rest of your non-sensical little nerd rage fuckups.

Hahaha! You crack me up. Trust me, I will enjoy this game immensely, as I already am. And trust me, I'm not delusional or lack common sense, and yes, I'm a serious gamer. But good job assuming all of that in order to try and make your point seem valid!

I'm gonna go back to enjoying SC2. Have fun whining on various forums about how Blizzard betrayed you and SC2 didn't hold up to your delusions of grandeur.

greymanic

Quote from: Dizmaul on March 02, 2010, 02:47:32 PM
Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 01:53:54 PM
Im sorry but any1 who is dissapointed by this game could not of been a fan of sc1. I don't care what you say if you loved sc1 you have to love sc2 its just amazing. Ive never heard of people complain about why they didn't make more changes to the greatest RTS ever made. You make it sound like sc1 was some game you played once when you where little and this 1 looks to much like it. Do you not realize sc1 is still being played today (obviously your not one of the people who play), and going from sc1 to sc2 its like night and day. Also for all the bitching i hear about the campaign and how "OMG 3 games to buy how could they hustle us?!?". I played the terran single player at blizzcon. This is not I REPEAT NOT JUST DOING MISSIONS like in sc1. Its a full on redic game in itself and if you dont enjoy the first one DON'T BUY THE SECOND 2.

Bottom line SC2 is amazing in every single aspect thus far. DON'T LISTEN TO THE TROLLS THEY JUST HATE LIFE...

Ok. Being wrong about me not being a sc1 fan is more tolerable considering how wrong you are about the new game.  You do realize you're describing the e-sport koreans... nothing against them it's just many of us don't fall into that catagory.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions that this game is mainly about satisfying e-sport types.  So you're either one of them or think that a great sequel is just about the graphics.  If I'm wrong pray tell me, what makes the difference like night and day?

Suspicions that this game is mainly about satisfying e-sport types?! of course it is and why would it be any other way. Who cares if you like the game, you will stop playing anyways 6 months after release when something "new" comes out, or maybe even sooner when you keep loosing to scrubs on ladder. Im happy they satisfy the people who are dedicated hardcore fans of the e-sport. Which is what has kept the starcraft community alive after you decided in 2001 you where done with the game. If you don't like a serious game like starcraft go play something else.

I already stated what I plan to do.  I hear a fucking echo in here and you know what you're the same types on every damn board.  The ones who give blizzard millions no matter how shitty they become and you say the same stupid cliche'd and predictable shit every time someone threatens to pop your bubble--a bunch of sorry little gum chewing emo fuckup, blizzard nazis who think blizzard is god's hand to kiss everytime they shit something out... So have a big shitty hand job call SC2 nutcases!  OH but all this only since WoW of course because your sorry little personalities were molded by that game. You're probably more murloc now than human.

I stated what I did and even if I was the only one, which obviously I'm not, I'd still say it.  It's my opinion, I feel strongly about it and I'm sorry you 2 can't handle it on an anonymous message board without getting all snot-nosed about it and crying yourselves to sleep.

Gamewiz

Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 03:40:00 PM

I already stated what I plan to do.  I hear a fucking echo in here and you know what you're the same types on every damn board.  The ones who give blizzard millions no matter how shitty they become and you say the same stupid cliche'd and predictable shit every time someone threatens to pop your bubble--a bunch of sorry little gum chewing emo fuckup, blizzard nazis who think blizzard is god's hand to kiss everytime they shit something out... So have a big shitty hand job call SC2 nutcases!  OH but all this only since WoW of course because your sorry little personalities were molded by that game. You're probably more murloc now than human.

I stated what I did and even if I was the only one, which obviously I'm not, I'd still say it.  It's my opinion, I feel strongly about it and I'm sorry you 2 can't handle it on an anonymous message board without getting all snot-nosed about it and crying yourselves to sleep.

Wow... pot calling the kettle black. Read your post again, very carefully, and tell me who is getting snot-nosed again. Now you are throwing a fit like a little child.

And by the way, I enjoyed vanilla WoW, but haven't played it in years, so again, nice job assuming something that isn't true! You're on a roll with that!

SupraDoom

It's still going to be a blast... but there are some complaints along the way.

- Graphics too cartoony
- Engine not as good as it could be. Really not much different the WCIII
- Most new units don't bug me but the Hellion vs the Vulture? Come on the Hellion is so generic in comparison. Not to mention Spider Mines will be super missed.
- The music not nearly as good. The guy who made the original SC sound track doesn't work at Blizzard anymore. He also made the Diablo ST's and they were all amazing.
- I don't like the huge stress on having two refineries
- I don't know if I like the obvious choices for counters. I almost think the game is too counter intensive.

Just my current gripes. Could change in time.

greymanic

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 02, 2010, 03:50:34 PM
Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 03:40:00 PM

Wow... pot calling the kettle black. Read your post again, very carefully, and tell me who is getting snot-nosed again. Now you are throwing a fit like a little child.

And by the way, I enjoyed vanilla WoW, but haven't played it in years, so again, nice job assuming something that isn't true! You're on a roll with that!

Are you kidding? I'm having a blast.  You're too dumb to know when you're being fucked with while still trying argue sensibly after disqualifying yourself with the first post. 

I thought you were going somewhere?  SO you bullshit which means everything you say about yourself is probably BULLSHIT.  I could care less who you are.  You're the one who took my general post personally which, even though I didn't intend for it to be taken that way, I now find enjoyable considering how you act.

Hard isn't it... trying to get in the last word after embarrassing yourself.  Ok, here, have the last word... try to make it good this time. 

Gamewiz

Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 03:59:24 PM
Are you kidding? I'm having a blast.  You're too dumb to know when you're being fucked with while still trying argue sensibly after disqualifying yourself with the first post. 

I thought you were going somewhere?  SO you bullshit which means everything you say about yourself is probably BULLSHIT.  I could care less who you are.  You're the one who took my general post personally which, even though I didn't intend for it to be taken that way, I now find enjoyable considering how you act.

Hard isn't it... trying to get in the last word after embarrassing yourself.  Ok, here, have the last word... try to make it good this time.

I'm glad you are having a blast! I'd hate for this argument to be a bore for you.

I took your first post personally because you tried to speak on my behalf. I don't appreciate people doing that. You generalized the blizzard community as a whole, which I pointed out wasn't true, so you jumped on the defensive and start lashing out using unnecessary language like you are trying to prove you are the tougher one. Grow up.

Again, I haven't embarrassed myself in the slightest. Once again, you continue to assume things that are not true. Your track record here is becoming extremely predictable.

A little advice for you: Calm down, take a deep breath, and stop acting like a whiny child. Stop assuming and having preconceptions of people. Stop thinking your opinion is law. Once you learn to act like an adult, then one day you might find you can actually have an intelligent conversation with someone. Clearly you have failed to learn this important lesson in life.

Ceron

The game was great!
then they changed the units and now it is bad.

what happend to pheonix overload? = now its the worst unit ingame, doing 10 dmg as anti air??

so many other units been changed modefied.

The units and thigns they put out on www.starcraft2.com are good, great awesome.
The units in beta sux.

Gamewiz

Quote from: Ceron on March 02, 2010, 06:04:15 PM
The game was great!
then they changed the units and now it is bad.

what happend to pheonix overload? = now its the worst unit ingame, doing 10 dmg as anti air??

so many other units been changed modefied.

The units and thigns they put out on www.starcraft2.com are good, great awesome.
The units in beta sux.

While I agree that Protoss has gotten the ban hammer quite a bit recently, I still think the Phoenix is still a very useful unit. I've seen many videos where they are terrific against Zerg players. They are great for harassment of overlords (which can cripple a zerg player extremely fast), as well as completely taking out strong ground units out of the fight (ie, lifting off tanks, ultras, etc from the ground and destroying them while they can't do anything).

It's all about know what units to bring out and when. Each unit has a unique purpose.

DarkOne

Wow, some heated discussion here.  Everyone will have their own view on the game.  I personally was skeptical about SC2, I was a huge fan of SC1. When I first saw the gameplay footage a year ago I was like ughh I'm not going to play this it looks lame, like something out of starwars.  Now that I have had a chance to watch some replays and try it for myself I am loving it!

They couldn't change it too much otherwise it would not be starcraft.  It has to stay true to the original otherwise it will fail.  For instance when they decided not to have protoss carriers in SC2 after a lot fans voiced their dissapointment they added them back in.

I think they have done an outstanding job on it. I love the graphics and the abillity to zoom down and get a better perspective.  Don't forget about custom games that can be made in the editor with the abillity to go down to First Person View.  That's gonna be so cool. Check youtube they have a video of the FP being used in SC2.

I think SC2 is everthing that SC1 should have been.  The new units and new strategies that have come from them are really awesome to watch.  Check out some of the battlenet report replays with David Kim.  You will see some cool stuff! That guy is a freaking legend.

I also like the idea of them putting out each single player campaign as a seperate game. I am certainly going to be addicted to this game.  It may even stop me playing WOW,  may even get me divorced also... lol

My only only dissapointment with SC2 and I can't believe why they didn't allow this.  I really would have loved having the abillity to zoom out further than the default camera view. Surely it would have not been so hard to include?  I feel like the camera is a little too close.  Why not let people zoom back out as well as zooming in?

So to sum up.  SC2 rocks and I can't wait to play against you all on battlenet.

PS..  Where is my damn SC2 Beta key Blizzard!!  I'm so lost without it.

Kingdom

I'd have to agree with SupraDoom on most things; though not entirely.

-Graphics aren't as cartoony or bad as people say they are, though I run with everything on Ultra; it is a bit of a chance, but they're extremely smooth especially when zoomed in. Will be nice to see the graphics on a larger variety of maps, ones with more ambiance and liquids; the current maps are kind of plain, despite high-res textures
---Few units bother me, such as the Fly-wings on Zerglings; Hellion is pretty lame, especially its attack animation (Should be a constant flame, with the dmg dealt overtime)

-Units in general! Several units seem lacking, once again; the Hellion, needs some sort of extra ability aside from doing huge damage vs Light. Would be nice to see reapers have a grenade of sorts (DoW40k2 had good nades for the most part) to add to their use aside from harass. Haven't quite found a good use for Vikings; they seem to get raped on the ground, but are decent in air.
---- I also don't like that several units are restricted to ONLY attacking ground or air; namely ones that posses ranged attacks that seem as if they'd be able to hit both. The ones that PARTICULARLY bother me are; BANSHEE....Immortal/Colossus(One of them should hit air&ground imho, instead of having 2 ground speciality units from same building), Roach (Should swap places with Hydralisk in tiers, so hydra is tier 1.5; Roach is tier 2(as its upgrades are). If anything, these units SHOULD be able to hit both, but be adept at one.

-Double refineries and gas STILL seems slow
-And DEFINITELY agree with the units seem too 'counter oriented' in that almost every unit has a hard counter.

Sorry I got a bit wordy, just hate having to revisit a thread a million times to explain every statement as the fan boy tries to dissect your post.

mithhunter55

Thank you, this is what I wanted to say!

What is it lacking? Don't forget the 2 expansions they could add or change some more play types/styles. Custom maps will be really interesting too. More people need to look at starcraft as a board game.