Poulet-AI (Advanced Responsive AI) ** UPDATED** Version 2

Started by pouletAuBeurre, March 25, 2010, 11:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pouletAuBeurre

Poulet-AI (latest Version 2.00 here)

If you're bored of playing against the weak Starcraft 2 computer opponents, or you want to practice your builds and timings offline use this AI script!

Installation:
- Extract the zip into your SC2 beta\Mods folder. Enjoy!
(Should look something like C:\Games\StarCraft2Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data)

Description:
- Advanced reactive core!
- Dynamic expansion, unit, and resource handling!
- This version is designed to counter your units and to practice 1vs1 timings.
- The AI has normal resources! (It will only have as many units as a human opponent could have - at least in the standard version)
- It will attack if you tech too fast!

Additional Information:
- I'm looking for people who would like to help me develop the AI further so please feel free to send me a message!
- Please submit feedback for me to improve on. Thanks!

I hope you enjoy the AI i put a lot of work into it.
Thanks to everyone who inspired me - i stole code from - to make this (i.e. DarkZeros, Starcrack team/forum, etc...)

Please visit the Forum: here

-Nasmer

SuXue

The Zerg AI in this package is quite good. Recommended!

jason_born

Quote from: SuXue on March 26, 2010, 11:51:08 PM
You AI writers need to join together!  :cheers:
What if the OP made a zerg patch for Ghost AI? ::)

Ghost AI+Aiur's Protoss patch+Zerg patch= :jig:

:D

cloudyCO

Quote from: jason_born on March 27, 2010, 03:55:54 AM
Quote from: SuXue on March 26, 2010, 11:51:08 PM
You AI writers need to join together!  :cheers:
What if the OP made a zerg patch for Ghost AI? ::)

Ghost AI+Aiur's Protoss patch+Zerg patch= :jig:

:D

Heh well that worked with the first poulets version 1.0, but with 1.1 i seemto get script error after replacing zerg.galaxy zerg0.galaxy & unitcount.galaxy for the zergAI to be in ghostAI triggerlibs, even when poulets' zerg AI doesn't spend resources(mineral) as well as ghost terran and auir protoss, his zerg never fails to overpowered them in best of 5 rounds test i ran, Zerg won all. I am seriously enjoying all these awesome AIs ... i switch between StrategyAI and Ghost+Auir+Poulet1.0 for diversity and am enjoying every moment of it.

pouletAuBeurre

QuoteHeh well that worked with the first poulets version 1.0, but with 1.1 i seemto get script error after replacing zerg.galaxy zerg0.galaxy & unitcount.galaxy for the zergAI to be in ghostAI triggerlibs

You also have to replace the TacticalZergAI because i made some changes there too - then it should work with the newer versions. =)

Thanks for the feedback glad some enjoy the AI!

Razredge

Testing it out as soon as I get some free time.

klaretos

Not bad at all. Played TvZ and I went mass M&M with a few siege tanks. The AI put pressure on me early on sending zerglins but could not do any damage since the zerglins were coming back and forth dieing without even puting a fight. (I am aware that this is Blizzard's glitch on AI). Then it changed strategy and started building mass banelings. Pretty smart...

whoamI

Best AI I have played so far. He uses upgrades fairly enough, he uses back n' forth attacks as smart as he can, he
re-expands over his destroyed expansions..

My game was ZvZ, I attacked him pretty early and was able to maintain him in my standards.. But he was able to attack me a couple of times and even keep the pressure over my side till I got my mutas up.

keep up the good work.

Bedervet

First of all GG guy, this one looks human in many ways.

Quotehe uses back n' forth attacks as smart as he can

The AI micro is quiet effective when he have range units and you have close combat stuff, inflicting damages and back, inflicting damages and back.
But I saw zergling back and do nothing, back and do nothing....

But in my mind that is not the same thing , we already saw at the beginning of starcrack, the back n'forth stuff is more effective.

It must be a conditional function missing like 

If enemy unit is ranged and my unit is CCombat
then
back and regroup to reangage.

I hope its as simple as it looks like....
Cause this was the only and the main problem I saw.

pouletAuBeurre

Yes, the zergling dance is broken.

I added a new version of the Poulet AI (2.0) Beta. It is very much an experiment since i added a micro module for zerg. The Blizzard system was weak and i would like to know what you guys think!

Beta Version Features:
- Proper Queen/Chrono/Mule management
- Better resource handling
- Better rush protection
- Better micro!!
- More fun!

http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/poulet-1v1-airesponsive-ai/

whoamI

Something's wrong with the new AI. he mutates into lair his natural, he sends units one by one into my base(lol) and he still doesn't counter air. Those bugs made it easier that the previous one.

pouletAuBeurre

Quote from: whoamI on March 30, 2010, 01:46:52 PM
Something's wrong with the new AI. he mutates into lair his natural, he sends units one by one into my base(lol) and he still doesn't counter air. Those bugs made it easier that the previous one.

hm, ok well this is why its still a test (beta) version. I haven't had time to test this yet. Can you please be a bit more specific? What race did you play? what map and what air did you build?
thank you so much for testing i appreciate it!

Bedervet

If you need some help, I know a bit C, I just need time to point out how AI scripts works...

whoamI

Quote from: pouletAuBeurre on March 30, 2010, 03:20:09 PM
hm, ok well this is why its still a test (beta) version. I haven't had time to test this yet. Can you please be a bit more specific? What race did you play? what map and what air did you build?
thank you so much for testing i appreciate it!

He mutaded into lair his natural and not his main, so he was zerg..! He did well countering my "early" attacks but then he stopped. all his roaches remained inside his main and he only send units serial..
I was also zerg and made some mutas that he couldn't deal with and he never tried to.
The map was blistering sands.

Right now I will try the same game and see what happens.

Update: This time my zerling attack was much earlier and couldn't be handled by the AI who was finishing roach warren. I had to pull back my minions to see what happens next.
After his initial attack(roaches) which destroyed my natural cause I was fooling around his other attacks were units sent one by one...!

pouletAuBeurre

Ah i see! roaches are still bugged then. That's all i needed thanks! I will fix the issues and upload another test version later tonight!