Emulate Battle.net

Started by MADCATX, February 22, 2010, 06:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloak123

Blizzard is shutting down all the selling of ebay keys. Enless we raise 300 dollars today we have no hope in that regard

Gapato

Apparently some guy @ Teknogod gifted his key to the admins, maybe you ask them for a packet dump.

thelegacy

Hey,

I just got beta, if you need a packet dump still just let me know. I'll check back in a bit.

Cya,
Josh

Anonymious_BG

Dump after successful authorization will be great

theb0rg

Quote from: thelegacy on March 06, 2010, 03:58:47 AM
Hey,

I just got beta, if you need a packet dump still just let me know. I'll check back in a bit.

Cya,
Josh

Dont forget to remove your logindetails.

Freundschaft

i think the logindetails are only sent in a hash or something similar, so the original credentials, like the password won't be extrable from a network trace.

btw use microsoft network monitor (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=983b941d-06cb-4658-b7f6-3088333d062f&displaylang=en) for the tracing as it is capable of filtering network traces on a per-process basis, so you can basically just retrieve the network traffic generated by SCII.exe.
I take two steps forward, two steps back. We come together 'cuz opposites attract.

prefix331

For anyone considering dumping their packets and posting the results up here, please for your own safety, change your password before you do it :) Otherwise you'll end up a saaaad panda :p

Freundschaft

you should as well mask your ip, as blizzard might be able to trace your account just by correlating your ip with the login time

btw as far as i figured, the games are not p2p at all, but are completely hosted on blizzard servers (even custom games)
I take two steps forward, two steps back. We come together 'cuz opposites attract.

stormbreaker

Quote from: Freundschaft on March 08, 2010, 07:27:58 AM
you should as well mask your ip, as blizzard might be able to trace your account just by correlating your ip with the login time

btw as far as i figured, the games are not p2p at all, but are completely hosted on blizzard servers (even custom games)

Um.. What makes you think that?

Freundschaft

i did some traces, joined a custom game and played a game with 4 players.
the only ip i was able to trace during the game was the ip of a server located somewhere at telia (presumably battle.net server)
what could also be possible though is that one player is hosting the game and that all players connect to the hosting player, but i'd have to figure this out

stormbreaker

Quote from: Freundschaft on March 08, 2010, 09:06:46 AM
i did some traces, joined a custom game and played a game with 4 players.
the only ip i was able to trace during the game was the ip of a server located somewhere at telia (presumably battle.net server)
what could also be possible though is that one player is hosting the game and that all players connect to the hosting player, but i'd have to figure this out

What port are you scanning on? Because most propably p2p will operate on different port than battle.net

mini.dude_@2

hey all, i have wireshark installed, ready for a packed dump... just waiting for my password change to go through. its changed on battle.net but not in sc2 for some reason yet

Freundschaft

i use the microsoft network analyzer which performs traces on a process/application basis, so basically i get all of the traffic caused by the starcraft application

mini.dude_@2

could you send me a link? ill do both.
Nevermind i see it and am installing now

mini.dude_@2

Ok my password changed finally  ;D and im uploading the packed capture now. should i send this to someone specific? or just post it here?