Trigger Scripting...

Started by p-On:E, February 27, 2010, 12:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p-On:E

Hey everyone..

some questions related to these trigger stuffs.. i posted this one in the tutorial thread, but just wanna get some infos on it, so i decided to create an own thread for it.

built up on infos from the AI tutorial thread, its actually kinda possible to create triggers for maps - correct?

you can spawn units based on coordinates, you can even create 3 different enemys if its true what i read.

the question now is, what is for real possible?

is it anyhow possible to create a custom Location? (like in a map editor, you create a location and use a trigger on it)
what kind of triggers are usable, and do they really work?

would it with much optimism be possible, to script a selfmade AI?

i thought about using triggers, that work like...
"build unit X in building Y"
"after X units are created start timer"
"if timer < 0 do attack move to location X"

could that be possible?

if yes, anyone knows how to script an location?

i mean in an mapping tool you just drag a location, resize it, and its there.. but how to manually script it?

redspike474

you can set areas or points in the objectt file, and in the galaxy script have somthing triggerd when a unit enters it.
though with out any example scripts from singleplayer ect its going to be hard to figure out .

lovetoby

guys i just added a chan for the maphack ai
rizon -> #sc2maphack

MiCrOMaN1

@lovetoby
Could you stop spamming? We get the point.
Our Greatest Resource is Our Mind ~ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Check this: http://img123.exs.cx/img123/4497/gif1.gif

lovetoby

p-On:E

wow srsly, you trying to prove something with that?

you put some enemys in the middle, and they attack enemy units, thats still no AI.

in fact now the AI seems to work more or less, i still would think scripting could make it way better, because youre able to let them expand and stuff..

found these .galaxy ai files, arent they simply editable and improvable to make them more gressive, use larger forces and stuff?