StarCrack ALLin1 (OFFICIAL) (site moved read last post for new links!)

Started by BoBoStariaN, March 01, 2010, 03:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernam7

Quote from: slash on April 16, 2010, 09:24:00 AM
yeah and the reply was:"support questions to forums plz ;-) personally i will not answer   here any questions, thats why we have the forums"

here i am with the question :)

lol i dint meant that forum here this forum here is dying bu i stil supporting it, i was refairing to the our new forum at nibits! hehe

well when you have flashing progress bar,
1)antivirus trully off
2)NO cache in appdata\blizzarad\cccccc\cache
3)no cache in documents\starcraft......\maps\cache
4)dont DONT install latest cache! (w8)
5) delete the ALLin1 folder where its install!
6)make sure you dint use other tools or you didnt applyed manually any AI files if you did uninstall and reinstall your Game completly!and then update it with patches by outoupdate from sc2 icon.
7)install the 773beta of allin1 after a clean install BUT do it AS ADMINISTRATOR! (right click)
8)RUN the tool as administrator with steps 1-4 as i said

9)if the problem continues sorry something else i cant figure out now is blicking the tool!

gl

wormwood88

Hi, I've downloaded and tried out the ALLin1 launcher on my stationary computer, and it worked perfectly, but on my laptop I get this odd offset in the graphics (http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6377/utennavne.jpg).
Anyone know what's causing it, and how I can fix it? The game itself runs just fine on my laptop, however.

Vernam7

Quote from: wormwood88 on April 17, 2010, 12:49:07 PM
Hi, I've downloaded and tried out the ALLin1 launcher on my stationary computer, and it worked perfectly, but on my laptop I get this odd offset in the graphics (http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6377/utennavne.jpg).
Anyone know what's causing it, and how I can fix it? The game itself runs just fine on my laptop, however.

its your font size!

go to control panel or desktop right click and personalize, find on the left the DISPLAY link, in there make sure you have your fonts at 100% not les not more! if you want bigger icon just change fromthe view the icons dont change the font, its distroys the scaling to the tool!

:thumbsup:

darkeor

Sorry: Eddited. I re-downloaded the AI and pasted the empty aiddificulty.galaxy

(
Ouch.. I'm in trouble. Im too noob and The Starcrack AI is too hard for me. Even in the Easy level, I cant resist. But the blizzard dificulty is TOO EASY!! I read that I can modify the dificulty of the Starcrack AI editing AIDifficulty.galaxy but this FILE is EMPTY on my Starcraft Version.
what could I do?
)

darkeor

The problem stills...

I have an EMPTY AIDifficulty.galaxy
I Paste a downloaded version of AIDifficulty.galaxy but when game starts the file empties.

I'm trying to reinstall all as you recommend in order to see if the problem is fixed.

Thanks an sorry about many posting *^_^*

Vernam7

dude if you read some post of use the search link, you would see that the tool doesnt NOT (int the current version) allow you to edit the galaxy files, what ever you do it will be replaced by the tools options!

so there is no way actually to make a new AI between very easy and easy!
wait for the next version it will have this

ptanhkhoa

I think your launcher is totally rocks and so far the best one yet.
As a developer, I had to edit file in the Trigger Libs, so it hard for us when using this launcher because we have to packaging it to SC2Base.Data every time we need testing. So isn't it better if your launcher support run Trigger Libs folder at well ? So the user can select any AI and don't need to repacking.

Moreover, your launcher can be the best of all times if it can run multiple AI as well.
Here is the BroodWarAI launcher, it is the best for broodwar because at you can see, it can select AI for each Race and can Randomize as well.

I also have some method to do, please looking at this AI:
GT AI Arena 0.1 (Where the strongest  AI will shine, include all the hardest AI)

but it require to edit and replace the file in Trigger Libs, it would be awesome if you can implemented it in your launcher.

Best Regard.
Ptanhkhoa

darkeor

Ok thanks a lot. I'm sure I searched and searched here and in bibits AI forum, but all I found is to edit the Galaxy file, not no not edit it... *^_^*

Now I know it, thanks, waiting anxious for next version

logo

I totally agree with everything ptanhkhoa said in above post.Vernam there are currently more advanced AI scripts than Starcrack. Strategy is maybe the strongest in overall, and all of them comes in galaxy format. Your launcher would be better if supporting both sc2data and triggerlibs.And i strongly suggest not to create any folders or files in default sc2 installation directory. For example your tool in order to run starcrack creates folder Game Data and AI Difficulty galaxy, which is annoying for me, because i don't want any launcher messing with my sc2 install directory. Instead you could create drop menu and then let user select which AI he wishes to play.
Strategy even implemented time display using patch.SC2Archive which is great its easy to install and lets you watch your own replay. So i strongly suggest you change way of loading AI.

chikopaws

Vernam7

well i have news for you

1) the tool doesn NOT creat the folders you mentioned (at least not the latest version)

2)the tool primary support starcrack and thats it for now, by insisting in adding multi AI support will not make it happen because surly you luck the knowledge on how AI should be implemented, and that means if i dont have the 100% corporation by the other teams for their own AI i probably will not support them because people will start become crying babies for the AI problems and accuse my tool. happened before.

3)the tool needs to be in its own folder, not in starcracfts directory nessery but absolutily in its own folder, and even right now supports trigger libs i just dont do that officially(dint announce it antill its polished and final), the tool has a folder scai that contains all files need it for the ai to work!

those files are injected to the right places and files at the right time for the game to load the AI correclty.

the sc2data files ARE DEAD! if you think AI will work with only one s2data file sorry you are mistaken!
it may make you think that the ai works but not al options properties and abilities will work 100% cause Blizzard specially after patch  forces the game to load its own internal ai and not external files!

also because we want to touch as less as possible the game files we dont replace anythining that we dont put back when the tool closes

trust me most of you you think you know how the tool works because you are looking for files created when you run it, well there are things you dont see ;-) and that makes the ai to trully work.

as far as which AI is better or not, i really dont care that much, if i find a guy responsible enough to sent me latest version of the ai in triggerlibs folder then i can add support. but i will not take responsibilty of others ai implementation, i work for StarCrack team.

still this tool is meant o keep things simple! not become an AI loader or AI creator for advenced users!

LoneEagle013

Patch 9 just made my sc2.exe crash when it runs with the sc2allin1 launcher.

I tried to do a clean install, and sc2.exe runs just fine.

But after I did all the install for sc2allin1, the sc2.exe goes corrupt and crashes on a black screen. Error is unable to access memory at <specific memory address here>.

My question is: is sc2allin1 compatible with patch 9? Is this occurring to everyone else, or is it just an isolated issue?

Running latest nvidia geforce 8800 gts (with all recent drivers), windows 7 64 bit.

No problems running patch 8 and previous versions before, btw.

Thx in advance.

Vernam7

Guys i have said that 2weeks ago! :-\

7.7.3BETA is ONLY Compatible with Patch 8!!!!

Friday Night the new version will be out and that will be Patch FREE! so patch 9 compatible!

tnx

Organized_Chaos

Vernam, I'm having a weird issue with your launcher that doesn't happen on other launchers.  For some reason, many of the building and unit sounds get cut off before they finish.  It's very noticeable and very irritating.  I even turned the sound sample setting all the way up, and it still happens.  Do you have any idea what could be causing that?

It's def not a PC spec problem, and it doesn't happen on other launchers.

Thanks!

Also, will the new maps work with the next version of the launcher??  I haven't updated to patch 9 yet, but I downloaded some new maps like Scorched Haven, and I get "unable to load game" when trying to launch the game with any of the new maps.   :(