GS PreOrder

Started by cyricc, April 21, 2010, 05:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sublime

Has anyone received their key from gamestop in the last 24 hours? I ordered online at 11PM EST on April 21 and have received nothing to this point. I am thinking about cancelling the order and going to preorder it in store...

Organized_Chaos

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going into the store later to pre-order - they print out the beta key right on the receipt.  Unless the nearest GS is really far from your house, why order online and sit and wait for the key when you can get it instantly in the store??   :thumbsup:

cyricc

Quote from: sublime on April 23, 2010, 09:43:21 AM
Has anyone received their key from gamestop in the last 24 hours? I ordered online at 11PM EST on April 21 and have received nothing to this point. I am thinking about cancelling the order and going to preorder it in store...

I got mine 16-17 hours after I purchased the game online on the 21st. If you haven't gotten one yet its because you didn't harassed them, I think. I sent out e-mails and called them about it, an hour after I called and complained that it said "WITHIN the next 24 hours" not AFTER, I got the email.

Also I've knowN that GS is a shitty business for a while now and I would never go into their stores to buy something, only to be told its the most amazing thing ever and I should also buy the guide, the key ring, the subscription, the edge card and countless other worthless shit.

NO dammit, I SAID NO!! I DONT WANT YOU FUCKING EDGE CARD!

sublime

yea i have started e-mailing them now. sent 2 already and just gotten bullshit responses from some dude named "Bryce". Of course a GS employee would be named Bryce. great.

I have always despised gamestop as well. i wish i didn't find out about the deal until the next day because i bet amazon is doing a way better job. oh well, i guess its time to get on the phone with them. i don't want them to make it to the weekend without sending me one because that means i wont see it till monday or won't see it at all based on my dealings with the business in the past.

I'm sure there are a limited supply of them and they have just decided to only send it out to those who are obnoxious enough. well i'm about to be obnoxious too  :D  I wish blizzard didn't hook such a crappy company up with this offer. I'd even rather give my money to best buy than these assholes.

sublime

FYI if you have not received your beta key don't bother e-mailing. you need to call and harass them. they responded to my original e-mail and stated that they would "review" my case and send me a ruling in up to 2 business days. i called and got my key within 5 minutes.