Status of LAN Crack

Started by KennYblu3, March 02, 2010, 03:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamewiz

Quote from: jetricson on March 08, 2010, 11:00:19 AM
hmm, since Starcrack already has a launcher and all, isn't it possible for the launcher to like... put in the IP Address of a person who also has the launcher up and running as well; like those network fighting games for the PC (like melty blood, touhou 12.3, etc) where the host waits for a person/s to join in? :x just a random thought

how to determine the number of players waiting; well why not just start 1 v 1, then maybe the launcher will check the map name/data if there should be any more players joining in that hosted game.

great job on the AI so far :D

If it was that easy we would have it by now. Clearly, it's not. People who don't know how LAN works should stop offering this suggestions...

miguelgalit

:) :) :) ahahaha im already waiting for lan crack to come... still waiting and waiting till the crack comes then after that, im gonna teach my friends a lesson on starcraft 2...  8) 8) :cheers:
I dont like microing. Hahahaha

kewickviper

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 08, 2010, 11:07:59 AM
hmm, since Starcrack already has a launcher and all, isn't it possible for the launcher to like... put in the IP Address of a person who also has the launcher up and running as well; like those network fighting games for the PC (like melty blood, touhou 12.3, etc) where the host waits for a person/s to join in? :x just a random thought

how to determine the number of players waiting; well why not just start 1 v 1, then maybe the launcher will check the map name/data if there should be any more players joining in that hosted game.

If it was that easy we would have it by now. Clearly, it's not. People who don't know how LAN works should stop offering this suggestions...

I second this, although it is funny reading these comments.

But saying that I have just thought of an idea that might work,. I'm no l.a.n. expert however we did this with another compeltely unrelated game and it totally worked! Just add -connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to the launcher .exe and like totally replace the x's with the ip of the guy runnin a launcher and it will totally work. Now this may be completely wrong, but its just a thought that i came up with that obviusly noone else has thought of.

miguelgalit

what? with the launcher starcraft 2? you mean the starcraft II.exe in program files?
I dont like microing. Hahahaha

Drew1231

Quote from: kewickviper on April 18, 2010, 09:42:41 PM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 08, 2010, 11:07:59 AM

I second this, although it is funny reading these comments.

But saying that I have just thought of an idea that might work,. I'm no l.a.n. expert however we did this with another compeltely unrelated game and it totally worked! Just add -connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to the launcher .exe and like totally replace the x's with the ip of the guy runnin a launcher and it will totally work. Now this may be completely wrong, but its just a thought that i came up with that obviusly noone else has thought of.

:bangshead:

Hypocrite

ech

Hah, they were supposed to release MW2 loader too and nothing happened.
Im sure they got threatened by the game companies and they stopped developing without telling us.

Ceron

the "Just add -connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to the launcher .exe " sounds intressting., if someone makes a launcher with one open slot..

vbk1313

I reallly wish they make the lan/bnet emulator soon  8)

friendlybus

oh it's already done of course, but i and nobody else is releasing it cause we're having too much fun on lan and don't want you - specifically - playing lan starcraft 2.  ::)