SC2 Patch #3 is out

Started by War_Machine, March 04, 2010, 10:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

War_Machine

BTW, Sorry if this is in the wrong section  :(

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23094049316&postId=234233721692&sid=5000#3

Balance Changes

• TERRAN

• Engineering Bay

• Infantry Armor: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
      • Infantry Weapons: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
    • Armory

• Vehicle Plating: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
      • Vehicle Weapons: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
      • Ship Plating: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
      • Ship Weapons: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
  • PROTOSS

• Zealot

• The maximum shield capacity of this unit has been decreased from 60 to 50.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where the Infestor's Neural Parasite ability could cause Reapers to lose the ability to move.
  • Fixed an issue that could use an incorrect HDR format on some ATI cards.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen on some ATI cards.

Gamewiz

Woohoo! More terran buffs. :) Man.... protoss are getting the shaft though... I feel sorry for you guys.

War_Machine

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 04, 2010, 10:46:21 PM
Woohoo! More terran buffs. :) Man.... protoss are getting the shaft though... I feel sorry for you guys.

Couldnt agree more....makes me hurt inside lol.
After playing the crack i suppose it is time to change races to Terran now that Toss are getting bent over

seed013

protoss are still ridiculous though imo, so hopefully its more balanced, but I don't think terran need so many buffs

cloak123

Ok nice, they fixed the Ati cards but most of the problems are on nvidea cards....Good thing on balancing some more though !

Nesreca

Quote from: War_Machine on March 04, 2010, 10:48:01 PM
After playing the crack i suppose it is time to change races to Terran now that Toss are getting bent over

Meh, Blizzard's main focus will be balancing all races properly. I wouldn't worry too much about it atm.

madrussian190

Quote from: Nesreca on March 04, 2010, 11:03:04 PM
Meh, Blizzard's main focus will be balancing all races properly. I wouldn't worry too much about it atm.

i concur... its only the beta, i bet u'll see a lot more changes to the final that we wont see in the beta :)

Andrige

I think that the major problem with Terran is that they get way too many minerals with the MULE and not enough gas.  I think they should increase the mineral cost and reduce the vespian gas cost for Terran.

btnheazy03

if i update my client, will lazytown launcher v2 work still?

Darius

Quote from: btnheazy03 on March 05, 2010, 12:20:42 AM

Ill let you know in a minute im downloading patch right now

Edit: it worked fine whith new patch no problems with lazylunch

War_Machine

it works for me but we will see if anyone else has problems with it

MeruFM

Quote from: Andrige on March 04, 2010, 11:30:24 PM
I think that the major problem with Terran is that they get way too many minerals with the MULE and not enough gas.  I think they should increase the mineral cost and reduce the vespian gas cost for Terran.
If you're gas low, try to get an expansion up with only gas to start. Also make some marines/hellion with reactors.
Zerg had this problem in SC1 as well.

vitalsine

Quote from: Andrige on March 04, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Every race has their own special ability at the base:

1: Zerg get a queen, which if used correctly can increase spawn rate by a ridiculous amount. In my opinion this blows reactors out of the water. Especially when you have multiple Hives. From my point of view Zerg is a horde race, just make as many units as possible as fast as possible. Lings are very cheap and when upgraded arent too bad if you have air support. With the queen you can spawn 14 lings at a time after a hatch. Multiply that by 2 or 3 and you have 30+. Then with speed increase it doesnt matter how far your bases are apart, your lings will meet fast hah. Also, this wont cost you more than 500-700 gas too fully upgrade zerglings etc.

2: Protoss get Chrono Boost, which is f*ckin great. Speed up tech and unit production. No other race has the ability to boost tech production. That is a huge boost to the Protoss. I find myself twiddeling my thumbs waiting for tech upgrades when I play as Terran. I use the crap out of this ability. With a couple warp gates, you can call in reinforcements in no time using Chrono Boost.

So, when you think about it. Every race has a special ability involving their base, and when used correctly can turn the tide of the war. Wether its gathering minerals, production speed or unit creation.

On another note. I just played my first match with the new patch. I feel like the AI was alot better, but I think its just me. If any of you coders notice some AI got implemented Id like to know, I am curious. It could just be the combination of AI scripts I am using. I have Goosie v4, IAI Protoss, IAMI Advanced Melee, and the Zerg and Terran AI scripts from the japanese guy. This combination is the best so far! If anyone is interested I will upload a copy of my files for you to try. I have a replay you could check out if youd like also.

leetbob

So confirmed Lazy Launcher2 working with the update patch3?

btnheazy03

Quote from: Darius on March 05, 2010, 12:26:47 AM

Ill let you know in a minute im downloading patch right now

Edit: it worked fine whith new patch no problems with lazylunch

yeah i updated mine too, but is it me, or are the load times longer?? hmm ...  :(