StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit6666

In a match against Terran, about 3min in the match, I saw that the computer made a refinery but they got like 6-7 scv stacked on this same refinery. Funny thing is that even with early gas, they waited a lot before going for something else than marines.

Bedervet

Not tested yet, but it must be really awesome, almost noone is complaining, the devs can be proud of that.

Maxp123

Hey guys cheers for the hard work.

Is there a way to patch the game upto the current patch?

aggressivEn00b

Quote from: klaretos on March 24, 2010, 05:25:37 AM
I get an empty map even when using the recommended launcher. Anyone found solution to this? All the other AIs work fine on my PC

how about try reading first?
Quote from: starcrafter64 on March 23, 2010, 09:43:53 PM
Quote from: ItsTheFark on March 23, 2010, 09:29:29 PM
Quote from: starcrafter64 on March 23, 2010, 09:18:18 PM
Quote from: ItsTheFark on March 23, 2010, 08:45:22 PM
With 7.0 I seem to be having an issue that when I launch it using the Beta Launcher its just an empty map and my units and the opponents units are M.I.A.

You didnt copy over the added file from the archive to the base directory.

Example: C:\Program Files(x86)\Starcraft II Beta

maza

const int c_mineralBonus = 1.5; DONT WORK!  :bangshead:

L33tGam3r

in a PvZ the zerg outnumbered me and destroyed my expansion i made like 5-6 DTs he responded with 1 overseer i killed it and he didn't make anymore ...he got the whole map in control and i destroyed him with like 10-15 DTs ..he didn't have any detection at all..but beside that...roaches hidras mutalisks and even ultralisks..like swarms :D

Amazing work on the 7 .. just amazing :D

DarkZeros

Things I would fix:
- Put the AIDifficulty inside "Base" file. To avoid user miss configs.
- The harvest bonus var should be "const fixed c_mineralBonus = 1.0;". That way it suports fractional values.
- Fix the gas management (its doing strange things).
- Expansion not being rebuilded (they did in the old version)
- Too slowww to upgrade their tech (even if the AI has enough resources)

Good things I saw:
- Reactive system working good. But only taking in count the 2 most enemy units...
- 3 Diferent openning/mid/late
- Good MeleeAI (but with some problems when retreat (they do retreat even if the are being killed while they do))
   have not seen any drop attacks yet...
- Tumors working, but they always use Queen's tumors, should be using the tumor's ability to build more instead. But the position system is very good, i take not for my own AI :P

Personally i hate the "AIStock()" system. Because it does not let you priorize units/building/research over others.

gnomeknows

Step in the right direction, but I played every matchup in 7.0 and had no trouble killing the comp, I wasn't really trying to either, I was testing the reactivity. 

Terran V Protoss I figured they still go mass zealots so I walled with marauders and went banshees.  I built six of them before I had to defend again against...more zealots.  Perhaps the reactive system should take into account previous battles, say where I waste all their zealots with banshees.  I.E. perhaps it was time to switch units for the comp at that point lol.

So yea, sent a single banshee down and killed all 3 of the protosses bases with that ONE unit.  Took a long while and even though I had more banshees than any other unit the P still pumped out zealots and nothing else.

DreamInvader

With Protoss all you need to defeat the AI is:
-for PvP => a fast colossus and a few zealot as tanks, he will have only zealots and probably one immortal -> the splash will kill the clusters in no time -> gg.
-for PvZ => a fast void ray, he will have nothing to counter you with -> gg (you will have to hold the ramp from their early rush, a small army of 4-5 units will do just fine).
-for PvT => a fast high templar and a few saved Chrono Boosts for the Psy Storm upgrade -> he will never back his M&Ms thus is massacred with a few spells -> gg.

seldomridgej

The terran ai never seems to build a planetary fortress / orbital command.  Banshee rush is too effective when they can't scan me.

They did however surprise me by breaking rocks.  i had been ignoring them because i knew the previous ai would never use them.  they facerolled me .

whoamI

So, the only reason I registered is that I feel I should say a huge thnx to turd and all who are here to serve a selfless cause and bring joy and happyness to all of starcraft 2 fans..
In other news,
My discoveries for the new version..:

ZvP (me as zerg)
-The enemy isn't fast attacking

-When he does he has zealots and immortals(probably as a smarter reaction to my roaches?) which in front of freakin zerlings(and some roaches)!!! start running like chickens like it happened in older versions

-He still does not rebuild destroyed expansions

-He still upgrades armor:0 weapons:2 shields:2

So I found this an easier challenge than the 6.1

Forgive any grammar or syntax errors (english isn't my native)

Anyway, thnx for your great efforts guyz.. It's really touching!

katalonec

if terran ai make marins push at the beginning and see that I have much zerlings it tries to run back to base even it's army too slow and I kill him on move without any fire. so maybe ai should fight even it's army too small but can't avoid battle?

Simon-T.

Thank you for your hard work on the AI. Im using your AI since 4.0 and it has made great changes! Keep up to good work :)
limpbizkit.com - the real music source

Man7a

Great improvement on the old, still needs some work but you are on the right track! well done.

Manta

totocows

YESS!!! Been waiten for long time for this to come out. As soon as i get back from school im going to download it. CHEERRRSS!!!!! :cheers: