Replays with current patch applied ( please help )

Started by Man7a, March 14, 2010, 09:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man7a

Good day every one, i am in need of assistance...

I have searched all over the net for help, and when i find a tutorial it seems that it was either meant for older patches or not for battle.net games..

What i want to do is improve my game by watching reps played by the current "pro's" and not by watching human vs computer.

My Problem: **TEMP** One or more files which are required to play the game are not available locally.....

What i have done to try and solve the problem is:

Downloaded the latest ( if its updated ) cache files from ' http://www.sc2win.com/starcraft-2-downloads/starcraft-2-cache-files-update/ ' and placed it under my ' C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache ' ....

i tried loading replay's with lazylauncher 2, same problem, tried with battle.net login bypass, same **TEMP** error.

I am using the original Base.SC2Data which is 708kb big and still no luck.

Please i have been trying for so long just to watch replays i download (e.g. http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&tab=popular&show=details&id=113754 ) and this is one replay i tried to watch, i downloaded the latest replay uploaded and i got my 1st two gray hair out of this ordeal...

Please do help!
Manta

apriores

These are my Cache files and I don't have temp error.
http://www.mediafire.com/?j0uitmwj3ym

Man7a

Thank you so very much for that, i will try and see if it works.

Thx a million for the effort.

Manta

apriores

Man7a

This is impossible... I must be doing something wrong ...  :'(

I just started from scratch..

(uninstalled Starcraft 2 beta, and deleted the registry folder 'Battle.net' from HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Blizzard entertainment/ ...

Deleted the 'Battle.net' folder from 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\StarCraft II Beta\Battle.net' as well

Delete the 'Starcraft 2 beta' folder from My documents)

Reinstalled the game, updated my client and i saw i did not have a 'battle.net' folder under my ' C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Blizzard   Entertainment\StarCraft II Beta\ '

But so i created it, and extracted the Cache folder under Battle.net ...

Pasted the Battle.net bypass 'SWF' folder under my Game directory/battle.net ..

i placed the replay under My Documents/Starcraft 2 beta/replays/multiplayer/ ( had to create the replays and multiplayer folder )

Went into the Game, clicked the replay icon, selected multiplayer, chose my replay and again i got the
*TEMP** One or more files   which are required to play the game are not available locally..... problem

Please if any one knows what i have done wrong, i would really appreciate it
Manta

apriores

You say about C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\
You need to copy that Cache folder in your user, not All Users. and in Local Settings\Application Data. That is the exact path:
C:\Documents and Settings\
USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\

Sorry, I didn't noticed that from your first post...

Man7a

Thank you so much, i have been trying to run my cache from the wrong folder.

Some times one can be so noob... :D

Thx again! for everything.

Manta