Green Tea AI 0.56

Started by ptanhkhoa, April 05, 2010, 09:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Race you think needed to improving ?

Zerg
38 (57.6%)
Terran
17 (25.8%)
Protoss
11 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 66

darka

Quote from: Zamolxe87 on May 10, 2010, 05:16:10 PM
ok, until now i played strategyAI 0.42 (for patch 10 ofc) ... in which i lose about 33% of the games due to the fact that i'm trying out stuff.

So i dl-ed Green Tea 0.4241 and played two games so far, and i hope i've done smth wrong in copying it to the mods folder because the AI is patethic. Using SC2Launcher2.3.1 and patch 10.

1st game: Prot vs Terr - Kulas Ravine: proxy pylon in the middle and 4 gateway rush, attacked the terran with 4 zealots, 3 stalkers and 2 sentries. The Terran ONLY HAD 2 Marines.

2-nd game: Terr vs Zerg - Kulas Ravine: 2 barracks/1 factory - attacked the zerg with 6 marines, 2 marauders and 1 bike, the Zerg ONLY HAD 1 roach and a queen to defend.

The Green Tea AI is sweet for share aknowledge about AI programming.
Instead of his Terran opening build is not viable.

For Zerg AI, I prefer DoZerg version but not ready for patch 10, I hope the author will release it quickly.

The Protoss AI is from SuXue, who release only protoss 1vs1 gameplay. His AI sucks when there are more than 1 Protoss AI.
Otherwise, this AI is good for 1vs1 training. I hope multi-protoss support will be release. :D

I think best mix AI for 1vs1 training is:

Starcrack Terran (different opening) or Strategy Terran (only one opening & semi-cheating)
Aiur Protoss (don't know if it's semi-cheating)
Strategy Zerg or DoZerg

ptanhkhoa

Thanks for feedback, last greentea version is just a developed version for compatible with patch 10. I think he cannot handle rush so well. Also Ai just wrote for Terran only ( Zerg && Protoss belong to other AI).
So I had updated version 0.43 that can make GreenTea Ai stronger. Check the update in the first page, include all 3 race.
   _ Zerg : with the new update, i find that Roaches are not useful for the AI anymore because attack rate reduce to very slow, so I make the main force is Zergling.  Cancel gas technique to get one more drone => 11 Pool, faster than the original 12 pool.
   _ Terran : Marine, Marauder, Medic and Terran are still best combo for the Terran so I keep up in this version. To handle rush, i let the terran build Barracks first, than Supply Depot later.   
   _ Protoss: Depend on the situation, it can give all 3 Gate rush Zealot or try to reach Pristorm technique.

Bug still fix:
  _ Don't have transport yet, so try don't use on the map have island. The Ai will not moving are try to attack that island.

How to know AI Working :
  _ Text " Active GreenTea AI 0.43" at the beginning.

_ Try to play match between 2 computer, if the Zerg Ai can use Gas   Cancel to get one more drone. Then it work well.

Rokrdude

Major bug in new version

If you send your scouting drone the opponents workers tries to kill it and if somehow you mange to save it and return to your base, the opponents workers keep chasing it and thus loose mining time and thus you can overpower the opponent ai easily.
This happened while playing against terrain and even protoss ai.

Please make the necessary adjustments.

tl2e3le4f

I second that Rokrdude.

I just sent a probe into the Terran base and didn't do anything yet but the AI pulled all of his workers off the line and ran after my probe until it died... I think this is a major bug that needs to be fixed as soon as possible lol.
Other than that this AI is really good! Thanks for all your hard work ptanhkhoa. :)

Shadow

I noticed that this bug does not appear on all maps. I played 3 games on the map Inceneration Zone, there was this bug. Then I played one game on the map Blistering Sands and this bug is not noticed. Now I can not play a few games for the better statistics, but in the future required to test this idea. Also ask other players to check it.
Im from Russia. Sorry for my broken english.

Rokrdude

Quote from: Shadow on May 12, 2010, 03:12:02 AM
I noticed that this bug does not appear on all maps. I played 3 games on the map Inceneration Zone, there was this bug. Then I played one game on the map Blistering Sands and this bug is not noticed. Now I can not play a few games for the better statistics, but in the future required to test this idea. Also ask other players to check it.

I played on 4 maps including blistering sands and faced the same bug

ptanhkhoa

Thanks guy for report, it fixed (see link at the first post ). Now it only send one worker and when it chase your scout far enough, it will return to the base.   So in order to scout the AI base, you had to control your drone more, not just standing still ^^.

Also, add 3 more opening for the Zerg, now it not only 11 Pool, but   sometimes it can be 6 Pool or 11 Hatchery depend on the Map.

Shadow

I will check it later when I will not drunk :-))))))))))))

Shadow

ptanhkhoa can you add more basic opening and more strategy in next version? Also i think AI must do harrasment and diversion such units as riper\banshees\mutalisk.

Anyway, THX for good AI :-))

ptanhkhoa

@Shadow: You can suggest some good opening and it will appear in the next version ^^. I remove the diversion just now because it had some bug need to fix.

P/S: for the lack of opening, you should try play on random Race to get more variation :P

Rokrdude

Quote from: ptanhkhoa on May 13, 2010, 10:31:48 AM
@Shadow: You can suggest some good opening and it will appear in the next version ^^. I remove the diversion just now because it had some bug need to fix.

P/S: for the lack of opening, you should try play on random Race to get more variation :P

Actually the protoss has improved greatly from previous version and not sure if anyone notice a change(which i like very much)
In previous versions while playing against random,we could know the opponents race as when the game loaded as for protoss it said auir, for zerg strategy asnd terrain greentea

Thankfully now it only says grenntea ai

Lastly patch 12 is coming so we need an update

Keep up the good work ptanhkhoa :thumbsup: a

ptanhkhoa

Because at the patch 0.4241, beside Terran, other Race is belong to other developer :), now I make a complete 3 race so you will only see GreenTea :). Hopefully patch 12 just the small change ( cost, build time... ), not the internal code >.<

sopen55

.. i dont think patch 12 was a major patch, cause the ai still works, and whats miraculous about your ai script is that the zerg ai destroyed the protoss ai even though roaches are 2 food now. great job on the zerg ai script!! :thumbsup: havent seen the terran ai play though.. i'll try it later. ;D

edit: wow your zerg ai is really good. ive tried tvz and its unbeatable!!! :thumbsup: but when i play using zerg i cant beat p nor t. :'( haha guess i need to practice more. :)

Shadow

ptanhkhoa, can you tested and modify for compatibility with your GreenTea, Darka upgrade for Strategy AI (see this topic http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-scripts/strategy-ai-0-41/15/ reply#29) ?? I think with your Ai this upgrade must work better :)