[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tudi

awsome guys, really awsome

Valkirie

Working on defining color, players/computer/observer, race (only for AI and only terrans for now).

Demon

I thought id just let you know that orangeswarm is hosting your files aswell.

right here: www.setupswarm.com.

:)

Oppi

Hi, I'm sure you've answered this a hundred times already but I would really like to know what the game version box on the launcher does. Is the most updated version of sc2 base13891 or base14259.

Dubfire

Quote from: Oppi on March 06, 2010, 02:59:49 PM
Hi, I'm sure you've answered this a hundred times already but I would really like to know what the game version box on the launcher does. Is the most updated version of sc2 base13891 or base14259.
the newest is the 14259, play that ;)

btw, i'm really pissed for these replays showing desync. Tried to modify everything, and nothing seems to help :( ...
blah, come on lazytown team!! They're really lazy, aren't they ?  ;D

Oppi

Bt

Quote from: MadSheep on March 06, 2010, 11:06:50 AM
1. Version Selection not working
2. Saved options not working (the selection boxes not working after restart of the app)
3. Make a form with all options in it eg.

4. Make it load in one instance only
How:
http://i46.tinypic.com/ildu0x.jpg
4. Set form border style to FixedToolWindow

Make it like this please please please and add back most played map, players online etc

Or did you cut those cause it used too much ram

Blintux

Quote from: Bt on March 06, 2010, 04:16:14 PM
Quote from: MadSheep on March 06, 2010, 11:06:50 AM
1. Version Selection not working
2. Saved options not working (the selection boxes not working after restart of the app)
3. Make a form with all options in it eg.
4. Make it load in one instance only
How:
http://i46.tinypic.com/ildu0x.jpg
4. Set form border style to FixedToolWindow

Make it like this please please please and add back most played map, players online etc

Or did you cut those cause it used too much ram

+1

Valkirie

Working on it. And yeah i removed most of online stuff because of the RAM consumption. Anyway now you've Popularity for each maps which is an online function (greatly improved in 0.21).

kgptzac

is there any way to select number of computers in the game? :(

Valkirie

Quote from: kgptzac on March 06, 2010, 04:26:41 PM
Working on it.

Razredge

Quote from: Valkirie on March 06, 2010, 04:34:53 PM
Quote from: kgptzac on March 06, 2010, 04:26:41 PM
Working on it.
Very interesting... If you can manage that, as well as race and color options, we're almost perfect with the offline play. Just the AI still need tweaks, but thats up to starcrack team.

Also, great work with the launcher!

MadSheep

one question the race can be defined by the map or by the base file???

another question is witch is the difference between the map AI and the base file AI?

getITdone

Great improvements from the previous version! Fantastic! Kudos to the two of you, guys. *two thumbs up*

Memory use had been reduced by more than 50% (around 20ish mb on my pc, WinXP SP3) but I'm sure it could still be lowered by I don't know how many percent. *wink*

On the launcher connecting to the net and the error it may cause, may I suggest that you add in the upcoming new "Options" panel a new batch of settings. Upon launch, let the launcher do a check first if it is allowed to connect online or not. If ever you're going to add a "Check for New Updates" option in the near (or far) future, then this definitely should be implemented. The 'check' would be against the settings that was chosen by the app user.

If I may suggest the following connection option tags:
- 'Always offline' -- (obviously, this one doesn't let the launcher to go online at all, even if there is an active online connection)
- 'Always online' -- (the current default behavior of the launcher, up to you if you'll change it on future versions)
- 'Ask me first' -- (this one has a nag screen that will always pop up upon running the launcher, useless maybe to some but I prefer giving users a CHOICE, up to them what they will do with it)

MadSheep

Quote from: getITdone on March 06, 2010, 07:52:59 PM
Great improvements from the previous version! Fantastic! Kudos to the two of you, guys. *two thumbs up*

Memory use had been reduced by more than 50% (around 20ish mb on my pc, WinXP SP3) but I'm sure it could still be lowered by I don't know how many percent. *wink*

On the launcher connecting to the net and the error it may cause, may I suggest that you add in the upcoming new "Options" panel a new batch of settings. Upon launch, let the launcher do a check first if it is allowed to connect online or not. If ever you're going to add a "Check for New Updates" option in the near (or far) future, then this definitely should be implemented. The 'check' would be against the settings that was chosen by the app user.

If I may suggest the following connection option tags:
- 'Always offline' -- (obviously, this one doesn't let the launcher to go online at all, even if there is an active online connection)
- 'Always online' -- (the current default behavior of the launcher, up to you if you'll change it on future versions)
- 'Ask me first' -- (this one has a nag screen that will always pop up upon running the launcher, useless maybe to some but I prefer giving users a CHOICE, up to them what they will do with it)

+1