Server Emulation Support Thread. (Newbs post here)

Started by Moosey, September 20, 2011, 06:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abaddon

Quote from: axwe11 on September 21, 2011, 06:20:01 AM
Quote from: Abaddon on September 21, 2011, 05:45:19 AM
Quote from: axwe11 on September 21, 2011, 04:23:24 AM
Quote from: axwe11 on September 20, 2011, 03:55:32 PM
I'm have a problem, update/reinstall - not work. Help me! Thx

someone please help me!

You skipped one or more steps, or simply aren't following the instruction properly.
As I already said, you follow the steps and it works, IT HAS BEEN TESTED INDER WINDOWS XP AND 7!
If you still own Vista, well... you should have uninstalled it already by now.

Abaddon, I have Windows 7, and all be fine, before I'm installed emulation in D3 Directory.
If I have uninstalled and remove all files in D3, than official downloader D3 was not works :/

If I got it right, you "installed" the repos and the emulator in the D3 folder. That's wrong, you don't have to replace any files, and each folder MUST BE SEPARATE from the rest.
Please make sure that you downloaded the latest update and are running accordingly to the version of the emulator, also make sure that the file you compile with Visual Studio is in the Raistlinthewiz source folde, while the D3Sharp.exe you are executing belongs to the Emulator folder (which are separate from one another).

You MUST NOT delete any files inside the Diablo 3 beta folder. That is, after you install and patch, don't erase or replace anything and create a backup of your Diablo3.exe.

As far as I know, a new patch version was released, then I guess you will have to update both the source files and the emulator in order to run the sandbox. In any way, the process is the same and you execute the game in the exact same way, you can also run the Diablo 3 offline launcher provided by moosey in his package to avoid this step, which might save you problems if you aren't familiar with the computer. If your skills go beyond average though, I  recommend using the command line shortcut, because it can be edited so easily that there should be no problem.

Bucaneer

Any one have problem after they applyéd the new D3Sharp (Release_2) to D3 Folder ?

I got a Error 7 on all other chars than monk (but that im ok with)

I used to could join the game with a monk but now after i make a  campain i can not start it caust there where i used to clik this text is there " [PH] This text should be replaced with game data, is the party leader.

What can i do ? :)

//bucaneer

analhue

Hi there, I'm using Release5 and the shorcut method (with  -launch -launch -auroraaddress127.0.0.1:1345 ) and even if I can see the caracter I created, then when I start playing it's a monk, and the map is shorter than Release 1 I think, only till few steps past the bridge. Am I doing something wrong, is there anything else I should add? I use D3Sharp app to emulate server then shortcut.  I saw some ss of many characters in diferent lvls and adding items, so I thought this Release5 was going to be that.

Maleck61

Moosey if you are here can you create an update zip like yesterday? Thank you.

Brewder

No matter what character I create when I start the campaign I appear as a monk... I have deleted all my heroes and made only a demon hunter. I enter world, I'm a monk... I've tried switching heroes (not like it makes a difference because I don't have a monk created) but nothing is changing me from being a monk. Any ideas?

exequtor100

right now the server emulator only uses a pre-saved game that they set up. it dose not use the heroes that u create.

Myst

*Reminder*  Keep it on topic.  If you wish to discuss anything else, please feel free to make a new topic.   If you are found to continually go off topic and or "troll" posts, you risk being banned from site. 
Thanks, and no need to comment on this specific post.
Cheers

Sinphas

Hello, Im having a bit of difficulty trying to get the emu to work properly. Now, ive reead allt he instructions to the letter and ive read every single page on this and many other forums on the topic to no avail. I have the D3sharp.exe compiled and running before i start my updated client via the shortcut (not the launcher). when i type in my bogus information, i get this error:

Im not sure at all what im doing wrong. and yes im using the latest D3sharp stuff from today.

RadicalEnd

Quote from: Sinphas on September 21, 2011, 10:28:32 PM
Hello, Im having a bit of difficulty trying to get the emu to work properly. Now, ive reead allt he instructions to the letter and ive read every single page on this and many other forums on the topic to no avail. I have the D3sharp.exe compiled and running before i start my updated client via the shortcut (not the launcher). when i type in my bogus information, i get this error:

Im not sure at all what im doing wrong. and yes im using the latest D3sharp stuff from today.
check firewall

patriot

hi. i want to play but show me this error .how fix it ? im realy noob . help me

Abaddon

Quote from: patriot on September 22, 2011, 12:33:17 AM
hi. i want to play but show me this error .how fix it ? im realy noob . help me

Follow the guide posted by me. Remember the 1st step, which is VISITING the webpages and downloading the LATEST repos, emulator files, and other stuff you might need, they tell you all of that in their webpage.

I haven't tried releases further to the first (whose functionality was the exact same as the later ones in terms of gameplay)

Ah yes, and don't forget to say please and thank you, it might sound stupid, but good manners are usually appreciated by (smart) people

If after following all the steps your game still doesn't work it might be 1 of 3 problems:
-Firewall block
-Registry error
-Junk files with wrong values

For the first one, disable your firewall, for the other 2 download C-Cleaner and use it.

Blintux

The latest D3Sharp version (0.0.4282) doesn't work for me:
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/894/errords.jpg

Anyone else had the problem?

saurep

too difficult and too much action can you put everything into one Instal?

Whatever

Quote from: Blintux on September 22, 2011, 07:26:53 AM
The latest D3Sharp version (0.0.4282) doesn't work for me:
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/894/errords.jpg

Anyone else had the problem?

There is a update 10 min. ago

btw. you don´t need to download it

the Error_7 happen again

magensaft

Short important Info:

You need to run d3sharp from a PATH WITHOUT SPACES!!!
I Reportet this already.

ie:
c:\temp\d3sharp\
c:\temp\d3sharp\assets\
c:\temp\d3sharp\d3sharp.exe