SC2 Strat Javascript

Started by Bagr, March 14, 2010, 03:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starcrafter64

Seems rather neat. The first time I used it, the mineral count seemed way too high. This time around it seemed fine.

Bagr

starcrafter64: sorry, might be my bad, I'm trying to tweak it now, but there was some miss clicking in there ^^ it should work now

-Idea-
making an overlay with a "start" button, when clicked, overlay disappears and the counter starts at fastest speed.
good/bad idea?

starcrafter64

Sounds like a good idea. 90% of games will be played in Faster (highest setting)

Bagr

cool dude, gonna try to work on it now..

on a side note, I just got done implementing chrono boost, it has a 56energy pr 100sec increase. Energy can now be spotted under the nexus image, additional nexus equals energy gain * nexus count, because i am lazy and don't want to make some array to hold energy levels for all nexus buildings....

maybe later though ^^

EDIT:
Some fixes:
  Better mineral gain.
  support for additional nexus with probe moving to the expansion and   better economy support.
  Chrono boots (this was really sought after)
  EDIT:
   A new overlay at load with options for "start fastest" and "browse"

Still gotta fix:
  it's possible to make 20 assimilators for each nexus :p

TheLeapist

Really awesome idea. I like it a lot. Certainly could use a lot of improving though, so I hope you keep going with it. :)

One way it could be improved is by listing the capabilities and requirements of each building somewhere once you've clicked on it.

CTS_AE

I know this idea is really farfetched surely but when you talked about making it 2 player/war like first thing that came to mind was like FF but turn based/ auto turned based would be sucky
Possibly though if you can factor in time to get to a base ideally, based on the number of bases they have... then if the opposing force had defense the attacking units that were sent at them would have to first attack the defense b4 it could attack their units and then finally builds that weren't built as defense.

You could have the building of bases be linear towards the opponent.
Also if the opponent sends attackers and you sent attackers and they were beyond the expected base area to the time then they would attack units compared to defense buildings

(Base, Units, Defense)
B-U-D---------------------D-U-BB-B--U-D-----------------D-2U-BB-B-2U-D----------------2D-2U-B

lol i know it's not to scale exactly but lol yeah...
this also makes it look like the bases dynamically expand such as the defense gets closer to the opponent when there's more units, or more bases, you could have it work that way or not

you could make it so that defense is always on the outside, or maybe the player pics where it will go
or maybe it just stays in the order you built in
you could have different modes, or just play around with them until you found something you liked
Or once again, this whole idea is farfetched, but eh who knows.
It could make for a fun game, like a mini sc2 that's 2d or if you want to go off accuracy this could be a bad idea, but then again, you might need somewhere to start b4 you can shoot for accuracy. ; )

Bagr

TheLeapist: I'll try to put that together some day ^^

CTS_AE: Hello again, I was bored on the subway today and drew up some sketches on my trusted notebook. Involving 2 windows, 1 for the board/map (will contain a bunch of tiles for each "section" of a map) and another frame for "content of current tile"... I found a Jcrop opensource javascript library, and working to optimize it to what I want it to do... Current test folder resides in http://www.lava-gaming.com/target/Jcrop/demos/tutorial5.html where the squares will be units you can mark...

Then, who knows what battle system will evolve, maybe I'll use yours :)