ladder system is pretti dope in sc2

Started by blackflash, March 22, 2010, 12:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackflash

was really liking it :P finished 1st in highest level plantium, it puts u in the skill level u belong to
http://yfrog.com/161stnj

NanoEntity

8 Wins yeah right lol

Nice photoshop skills lol

"NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAN TO SPEND ETERNITY"

SupraDoom

Can someone explain to me how this "Platinum" rating works?

xdayum

Quote from: SupraDoom on March 22, 2010, 02:28:16 PM
Can someone explain to me how this "Platinum" rating works?

From the couple games i've played, theres different leagues you play in according to your first couple "try out" games. After the initial few games, you get placed in a league according to your supposed skill level.  Platinum being the highest, followed by gold, silver, bronze, etc. I was unfortunate enough to get thrown into gold division and I'm not even that good.  :'(

SupraDoom

What if you improve though? I mean peoples first games playing SCII are going to be pretty bad...

Korzek

When you first do a type of match (1v1, 2v2 arranged team, 2v2 random, etc) you have to complete 10 practice matches which set you up against a lot of different types of players to see where you should be at. After that you get put into a league and division, atm if you get 10 wins you most likely get sent to platinum league.

Theres 5 leagues: Copper, Bronze, Silver, Gold,  and Platinum. The leagues are set up in percentages, the lowest 20% skilled players go to copper,20-40% go to bronze, 40-60 go to silver, 60-80 go to gold, and the top 20% players go to platinum. The blue posts on the beta forums do talk about them thinking of a pro league which will be invite only.

There are also divisions, divisions are way of making ladders look smaller and give players something to strive for (i.e. you'll be ranked 20th in your division so there'll only be 19 people in front of you instead of 5,000,000 people in front of you). I believe each division has 1,000 players in it, 100 in each league but I haven't been able to confirm this. As well once your in a division the devs say you stay in that division. The devs state as well that there is no difference between divisions (i.e. division 1 isn't harder or weaker compared to division 2).

You can travel through the leagues as well, if its your first time playing Starcraft 2 then you most likely get sent to copper league but after a couple of games of you doing well it may just put you into bronze. However, no one knows exactly when this happens, blizzard is keeping it a secret of when they actually take people from one league and put them into another. Also doing bad will take you down a league.

SupraDoom

Quote from: Korzek on March 22, 2010, 04:09:10 PM
When you first do a type of match (1v1, 2v2 arranged team, 2v2 random, etc) you have to complete 10 practice matches which set you up against a lot of different types of players to see where you should be at. After that you get put into a division, atm if you get 10 wins you most likely get sent to platinum league.

Theres 5 leagues: Copper, Bronze, Silver, Gold,  and Platinum. The leagues are set up in percentages, the lowest 20% skilled players go to copper,20-40% go to bronze, 40-60 go to silver, 60-80 go to gold, and the top 20% players go to platinum. The blue posts on the beta forums do talk about them thinking of a pro league which will be invite only.

There are also divisions, divisions are way of making ladders look smaller and give players something to strive for (i.e. you'll be ranked 20th in your division so there'll only be 19 people in front of you instead of 5,000,000 people in front of you). I believe each division has 1,000 players in it, 100 in each league but I haven't been able to confirm this.

You can travel through the leagues as well, if its your first time playing Starcraft 2 then you most likely get sent to copper league but after a couple of games of you doing well it may just put you into bronze. However, no one knows exactly when this happens, blizzard is keeping it a secret of when they actually take people from one league and put them into another. Also doing bad will take you down a league.

Thank you! That is exciting. +1 to you.

blackflash

I have fallen from my mighty rank #1 to #16 then i came back to clean sweep and take my back #1 spot
why would i bother photoshoping it.

http://yfrog.com/htstill1up

the second place and third place guy only seem to be a threat to my throne, hopefully they can take a few losses and help secure my foot hold on first.