Units hotkey and protos repairing

Started by tykill, March 10, 2010, 03:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tykill

Hi!

I'm a starcraft noob becouse i didn't play SC1 but i sure will play SC2!
Ive got a few questions.

Is it true that protos probes cant repair buildings? :S i tried it and it didn't work.

And is there a way to select all probes in a hotkey at the start so you can be lightning fast at getting them to the minerals (i know it wont make much of a difference, but im a hotkeyguy).

thanks!

Bt

If you double click a unit it will select all units in the general area of the same unit type

This works for probes at the beginning of the match

bbQ

Only terran can repair, protoss buildings have shield which repairs itself over time but any damage done over the shield won't heal.

I haven't tested this but inactive probes can be selected with f1, maybe this also works at the start. Most people just drag select them which takes half a second anyway ;)

millenium

It's much much better to use F1 in start of the game because u can set every worker on different crystal and this save a time which is equal of minerals... And each next worker pop up from base must be set on free crystal mine, whis way you'll get more minerals in first few minutes.

Ceron

10 minerals more or less wont matter much since the travel time between your base and enemy base compensate it.

thought about protoss repairing, why, OH WHY did they take away my beloved Battery? the protoss building who's only ability and function was to replenishing shilds... it was kinds useless in sc1(good for carriers and archons) but in sc2 it would be priceless!

tykill

Quote from: millenium on March 10, 2010, 06:32:40 AM
It's much much better to use F1 in start of the game because u can set every worker on different crystal and this save a time which is equal of minerals... And each next worker pop up from base must be set on free crystal mine, whis way you'll get more minerals in first few minutes.

yes exept you will select the probes one by one. I think this could indeed be fastest but i suppose its best to first train a probe or go for minerals first? hmmmm think training a probe first is better couse it takes minimum time

Gamewiz

No, Protoss cannot repair buildings.

You guys are debating literally the differences of about 1/2 a second, and it all depends on just the speed of the player. It will not make a difference. Select all your workers in the beginning, right click on a mineral patch, queue up another probe, and set your nexus rally to a mineral patch so they automatically start mining as they come out. That's it. You guys are definitely over-thinking this.

Gamewiz

Also, the AI and pathfinding is so good now (and all harvesters do not have collision detection with other units), that it doesn't matter if a harvester comes across a mineral patch already occupied. It'll cost you maybe 1/2 of a second for him to relocate to an open patch.