StarCrack AI Official Feedback Thread (V5.5)

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 09:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millenium

AI v5.5 attack point is Command Center/Hatchery/Nexus after it destroy them attacks stops... And it start with closest base...

Suggestions:
- If AI macro game is for heavy units it's better to make little attacks to far away points of the enemy, not every time on bases...
- It will be good to make and direct attacks some times skipping out-posts...
- Battles to use Yamato on defend units

Nesreca

Thank you for this wonderful AI! I started playing the cracked SC2 about 3 days ago, and am happy that I have been able to challenge myself with your AI's! I haven't lost to AI 5.5 in 1v1 yet, but it is totally helping me prepare for SC2 launch. With out you, I'd be a major n00b. ;)

I look forward to future challenges! I'll work on my technique for future AIs! Keep up the good work!

krutoistudent

well i post a replay so you can see how boring and easy it is to win ... (without any kind of abusing of ai weakness, just play the usuall way i would do agains human in this matchup)
this is the cheating ai 5.5 on map Blistering Sands
http://www.mediafire.com/?ylzjktdkcmm

if anyone tells me how i can make a video of sc2 replays i would upload on youtube

i see mini improvements from version 3 too 5,5 , but this improvements are so small that they probably be noticed only by newbs and i guess people who really wants play sc2 so badly are mostly experienced rts player (i was quite a good scbw player back then before i quite it 2006)

but since there wont be a cracked sc2battle.net for a while this is the only way we can play right now, so keep up with the improvment and make the ai super cheating (not early game, at this stage its fine, but as u can see in my replay my first attack at 7min or so was deadly to ai, because its middle game lacking macro micro and the right unit combination, but it had expanded ... especialy a terran player doesnt need such early expansion and after i checked the replay it had 1000+ minerals, that could be so many marines if it would spend that money properly)

KabouterNL

Been said enough, but I want to say it again:

Thanks for all the effort, is fun playing it this way and checking this website for great "updates" :D

Artanis186

Overall reported suggestions of mine...

- Expansion defenses
- AI doesn't waste units pulling back and going forward etc.
- AI gets higher tech units too.
- If you do make them get higher tech units, make sure they don't just mass those, that's not fun and that's what makes the "not so easy" AI suffer, lack of variety.
- Make zerg units burrowable
- If possible, try to make the AI aim for counters, but idk how hard that'd be, if even possible.

turdburgler

Quote from: Artanis186 on March 03, 2010, 08:35:31 AM

- Expansion defenses
- If you do make them get higher tech units, make sure they don't just mass those, that's not fun and that's what makes the "not so easy" AI suffer, lack of variety.
- If possible, try to make the AI aim for counters, but idk how hard that'd be, if even possible.

- Expansion defenses Fixed
- AI doesn't waste units pulling back and going forward etc. Fixed
- AI gets higher tech units too. Fixed
-If you do make them get higher tech units, make sure they don't justmass those, that's not fun and that's what makes the "not so easy" AIsuffer, lack of variety. Fixed
- Make zerg units burrowable Fixed
- If possible, try to make the AI aim for counters, but idk how hard that'd be, if even possible. Working on

itsarabbit

Quote from: turdburgler on March 03, 2010, 09:33:51 AM

- Expansion defenses

- Fixed
- Fixed
- Fixed
- Fixed
- Fixed

I love you.
Want Beta key! :D

SiLvEsTeR

Pleomax

Gamewiz

Quote from: turdburgler on March 03, 2010, 09:33:51 AM

- Expansion defenses

- Expansion defenses Fixed
- AI doesn't waste units pulling back and going forward etc. Fixed
- AI gets higher tech units too. Fixed
-If you do make them get higher tech units, make sure they don't justmass those, that's not fun and that's what makes the "not so easy" AIsuffer, lack of variety. Fixed
- Make zerg units burrowable Fixed
- If possible, try to make the AI aim for counters, but idk how hard that'd be, if even possible. Working on

I could kiss you.

orbb24

So does all those "fixeds" imply 6.0 should be right around the corner? Today perhaps?!

itsarabbit

Quote from: orbb24 on March 03, 2010, 11:11:49 AM
So does all those "fixeds" imply 6.0 should be right around the corner? Today perhaps?!
I would prefer it to be tomorrow, so they can do it more shiny, and keep working on it.
I dont want to kick 5.5's ass, and then get pwned by 6.0 :)
Want Beta key! :D

Gamewiz

Quote from: itsarabbit on March 03, 2010, 11:34:53 AM
I would prefer it to be tomorrow, so they can do it more shiny, and keep working on it.

I'm still waiting for an AI to beat me... (I haven't downloaded any of the cheating ones). If 6.0 kicks my ass, I'll be ecstatic. :)

orbb24

I rather get pwned by 6.0 then have another version that is still rather easy. It will just make me get better. Right now all I really do is macro to practice keeping my resources down. I don't apply pressure because that is an instant win. I don't scout because I don't really need to. It doesn't change my play at all against this AI. I am getting very lazy mainly for the reason that doing the proper things leads to a really fast and easy win. And when not playing against a human it isn't that much fun to win right away. I am hoping 6.0 is really strong. But regardless it looks like a lot of the major bugs are fixed so I am happy enough with that.

krutoistudent

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 03, 2010, 11:44:55 AM
Quote from: itsarabbit on March 03, 2010, 11:34:53 AM

I'm still waiting for an AI to beat me... (I haven't downloaded any of the cheating ones). If 6.0 kicks my ass, I'll be ecstatic. :)
you should try the cheating one they are little stronger