StarCrack ALLin1 (OFFICIAL) (site moved read last post for new links!)

Started by BoBoStariaN, March 01, 2010, 03:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernam7

Quote from: Flame02 on March 24, 2010, 12:15:33 PM
I tried to use SC2ALLin1 - version 4.7.0. Chose Terran vs. 3 Terrans on Lost Temple map. The game started and I was Protos.

Also I chose Starcrack 7.0 as the AI, and was asked to select a difficult level, which does not make any sence - just use the settings in the AIDifficulty.galaxy file, that's what it's there for!

I could read the documentation, but there is none. (I will not read 35 pages of forum postings to see if the answer is hidden somewhere in a posting).

well if you are not willing to read 35 pages read just 1! the official release page post 1.
the tool includes the AI you DONT have to brawse for custom AI file!
thats also written in the tool!
hey this not Microsoft Windows OS or Starcraft 2 you know so besides the basic instructions there is no "Documentation"  ::) ....lol a new FAQ is underway thought 8)

the tool if the map is trully UNtouched and you Did select specific races there is NO WAY to fail.
dont get me wrong, this in not arrogants this is a fact after versions and version and versions!

so something else is wrong with your maps or cached map files. or you edited (and you shouldent) manually the AI.galaxy file!

this tool does everything automatically, by trying to modify ai settings and stuff like that you just made your job harder ;-)

so to sum up the Change AI option is what i said in my previous post page 34, last. take a peak.
and it asked you logically to assign a diff level because you have left the option to "chnage AI" thats not a level!

my tool DOES NOT support user modified files By design!!! because its for easier use! later this week i will make a special form that you could make your modified AI but again from WithIN the tool, not searching arround for galaxy files! ;-)

think simpler. ;)
hope you understand after reading my previous post page 35.

brightb

correct me if i wrong.
the difficulty settings are the following:

easy
const int c_difficulty = 2;
const int c_mineralBonus = 1;
const string c_maphack = "false";

medium
const int c_difficulty = 1;
const int c_mineralBonus = 1;
const string c_maphack = "false";

hard
const int c_difficulty = 0;
const int c_mineralBonus = 2;
const string c_maphack = "true";

I think medium should be 0 - 1 - false (the standard settings of starcrack ai 7.0)

That is the settings i'd like to play with and i can't, or there is a way?

Anyway thank you for the launcher

Vernam7

the medium right now is 1--1--false

0 is the hardest, so having 0 as medium makes no sence! starcrak team admit it somehow in there site.
but if you wish to bypass the tools autosettings, setup a game in the tool, race locations colors etc etc etc, AND difficulty to medium!
DONT Press start go and change the ai.galaxy file (as an advanced user you know where to search for it in the sc2 directory) so go there and make it what ever you wish, THEN press the start Button!

i made my tool to "create" the AI seetings the momment you select a difficulty change not the momment you press start to avoid useless action that cause delay and give the advanced user a "window" of time to do what he wants with the Ai galaxy, BUT all those just for now!
next version probably the 4.7.1 with the AI 7.1 wich will have more options will have a custom AI maker!

Zeddo13

Hi there .

I got a problem for the replays .

I choose the same difficulty "Medium" as my last game for the desync error .
It works but some minutes after (even sometimes some secondes after ) the desync error appeared lol ?
The other things work fine but replays don't work .
Also when i start a replay at the beginning there is a message like that (sorry , it's in French ) :

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1315/heinv.jpg

An idea ?

Vernam7

Quote from: Zeddo13 on March 24, 2010, 08:04:45 PM
Hi there .

I got a problem for the replays .

I choose the same difficulty "Medium" as my last game for the desync error .
It works but some minutes after (even sometimes some secondes after ) the desync error appeared lol ?
The other things work fine but replays don't work .
Also when i start a replay at the beginning there is a message like that (sorry , it's in French ) :

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1315/heinv.jpg

An idea ?

WOW damn this is my fault!
this is happening because i dont hack the memmory when you play replays with teams! i thought it want neccesery!

because i am out of town i cant get it fixed right now! so yea i will do it on sunday, sorry dude and thanks for the find!

sedusg

Thank you for your allin1 tool. :)
I want to post 2 bugs about 4.7.0.
1st,You need to have at least two maps in your map folder.Otherwise it will say no map found. :whistle:
I found 3.6.3 do not have this bug.

2nd,allin1 tool from 3.6.6 will exit with "SC2.exe stop working" message in the loading stage.
Both Team and FFA.
Windows 7 RTM 32bit with built in dotnet framework and sc2 beta installed updated to patch 5,cache put in the right folder,blizzard offical Lost Temple map.
I think I did everything right but error keeps.

However I meet no problem in 3.6.3.

PS:I replaced AI in 3.6.3 with 7.0 hard.
But I found AI is a bit stupid.
Can I use AI 7.0 with your tool 3.6.3?
Thanks. :thumbsup:

linesis

Hello, good evening. Congratulations for your excellent work.
I would like to report a fault. The agenda for the replay is messy. It is ordered by the date correctly. Thank you for your great project.

Organized_Chaos

Vernam, excellent launcher... but I REALLY don't like the AI selection in the newest version.  For Starcrack AI, the "hard" level gives it a resource bonus of 2, which DOUBLES its resource intake. 

You really need to just let us designate a folder for all the AIs, and let us put all the Base files in there so we can select whichever AI we want easily, without having to click browse, then find it, then save every time. 

IMO, this easy/med/hard crap is useless...it should depend on how the AI is coded, NOT on whether or not the AI cheats.  I don't consider a resource cheating AI to be "hard"... you could play against a pretty crappy player with a 2x resource bonus, and he'd have a good chance of winning.  I'd simply consider it an unfair advantage that will never happen when playing another person.

* I also got the sc2.exe stopped working error + launcher crash when trying to play teams on LT.  Everything is set up correctly, and I installed the launcher to the default location.  I'm using Win 7 32-bit.  Is this an isolated issue?

Enox

Quote from: Organized_Chaos on March 26, 2010, 07:26:27 AM
Vernam, excellent launcher... but I REALLY don't like the AI selection in the newest version.  For Starcrack AI, the "hard" level gives it a resource bonus of 2, which DOUBLES its resource intake. 

You really need to just let us designate a folder for all the AIs, and let us put all the Base files in there so we can select whichever AI we want easily, without having to click browse, then find it, then save every time. 

IMO, this easy/med/hard crap is useless...it should depend on how the AI is coded, NOT on whether or not the AI cheats.  I don't consider a resource cheating AI to be "hard"... you could play against a pretty crappy player with a 2x resource bonus, and he'd have a good chance of winning.  I'd simply consider it an unfair advantage that will never happen when playing another person.

* I also got the sc2.exe stopped working error + launcher crash when trying to play teams on LT.  Everything is set up correctly, and I installed the launcher to the default location.  I'm using Win 7 32-bit.  Is this an isolated issue?

Use a different launcher then. Vernam will not be changing the Easy Medium Hard options. You can choose your AI, and Save and never have to browse for them again. Not sure why you think you have to keep picking them and saving everytime you open the launcher. If you dont like the options he provides then edit the AI yourself with the galaxy file in the SC2 directory. Turdburgler intended the AI to be modified this way anyway. And sorry. Hard doesn't just change the resource bonus. it also sets "int c_difficulty = 0;" Easy and Medium use values of 2 and 1 (respectively). This actually changes how the AI picks and chooses counter attacks and strategies. You obviously don't know how it works at all. The 3 AI's bundled with the Launcher are Turd's 3 versions of v7 AI.  Not just random AI that he threw in there.

Enox

Quote from: sedusg on March 25, 2010, 04:54:03 AM
Thank you for your allin1 tool. :)
I want to post 2 bugs about 4.7.0.
1st,You need to have at least two maps in your map folder.Otherwise it will say no map found. :whistle:
I found 3.6.3 do not have this bug.

2nd,allin1 tool from 3.6.6 will exit with "SC2.exe stop working" message in the loading stage.
Both Team and FFA.
Windows 7 RTM 32bit with built in dotnet framework and sc2 beta installed updated to patch 5,cache put in the right folder,blizzard offical Lost Temple map.
I think I did everything right but error keeps.

However I meet no problem in 3.6.3.

PS:I replaced AI in 3.6.3 with 7.0 hard.
But I found AI is a bit stupid.
Can I use AI 7.0 with your tool 3.6.3?
Thanks. :thumbsup:

AI is not stupid. 4.7.0 implements Turdburglers config galaxy file that actually determines the difficulty of the AI. The Launcher auto replaces the galaxy file. this is why your is probably so easy, because 3.6.3 doesn't even know what that file is.  Also which version of .net framework? 3.5?

sedusg

Thank you for your reply.Yes,It is 3.5.
So 3.6.3 can not handle new AI 7.0.
Now only the two bugs above left.

Vernam7

hey guys software development looks farword not backwords, so because 6.x and 7.x has a very different way of handling AI files i had to make a dessicion, keep compatibility with the old a.i that people will abandon in few days, and spend time for extra coding for nothing, and also making this tool, more complicated and not anymore straight farword easy??? OR follow the new A.I 7.x modell, wich is in conlusion better and the new method makes the setup's launcer smaller and faster and keeps it easy????

so the answer was very easy. the second.

i am returning from my sort holidays back on sunday night and i will make a a custom AI form, fix the 1map and 1replay minor bug, and fix the team replays bug.

Enox keepup the good work partner. :thumbsup:

madmike6537

Hi there,

First off thanks for the awesome crack love it and will be donating this weekend. My question is this - I have having trouble playing replays of games which I want to do because I want to learn to be better. I get the standard ** TEMP ** error. I have read the orange font saying to install the cache which I have done several times. I am 99% positive it is in the right folder per  your instructions. I have been trying for hours but I just cant get any replays to work. I can get my own replays to play by matching the difficulty level but I suck and the computer cheats on hard which teaches me nothing.

** Oh and also I have downloaded about 15 maps because I thought maybe I didnt have the map I needed.. Still no luck. I downloaded all the maps on the first post when you click "download more" in the crack I downloaded all maps on that first posting.. **

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong? I have downloaded replays on this site as well as others..  :'( :'(