Cheat codes?

Started by tr781, March 14, 2010, 03:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tr781

Yeah, I know.

But, everyone knows "showmethemoney" and "poweroverwhelming."

I'm just wondering if DarkBlizz can incorporate a cheat code mechanic into SC2 beta. I mean, if they can get the AI to cheat, I don't see why they can't give us the option, too.  ;)

Tell you the truth, I love video games, but I suck horribly at RTS games.

I even got my butt kicked by starcrack ai v6 on EASY (I adapted, eventually). And I got RAPED by v6.1 standard in the midgame (it carrier-rushed me  :( )

Frankly, I don't like a challenge in my RTS games lol.

madrussian190

there are some trainers out for SC2. i know some1 posted a hack pack on the forum...

Artemis_Maximus

No there is no cheats and wont be in the Beta. This is technically multiplayer, so you can't put in cheats. If you go to the original SC and go on battle.net, start a match with you and a comp, and try using cheats. You can't, and its the same thing here. Also, the AI don't actually cheat, they get double the resources.

tr781

Quote from: madrussian190 on March 14, 2010, 12:16:48 PM
there are some trainers out for SC2. i know some1 posted a hack pack on the forum...

I think I found the trainer, by C3NTURiO.

Can't get it to work though; tried using with the correct ver. of the beta through the loader, too.

I know it's supposed to be a MP beta, but since people are scripting AI, I don't see why I can't enjoy it like I want to. I'm hoping someone can make a better working (or working, period) trainer or give us the option to start with more resources before launching the game.

tr781

Okay, well, I figured out how to get into the Base.SC2Data file with an mpq editor and I can look at all the .xml files, but I have no idea what I'm staring at--I'm no programmer.

But I'm guessing if I fiddle around with some numbers, I can maybe get myself to start off with more minerals and gas?

I can probably do this myself if I had instructions on what to change because I have no idea what any of what I'm looking at means.

tr781

Well, I figured out that if you edit the RaceData.xml file in the GameData folder of the Base.SC2Data file, you can edit the numbers so that you start out with more resources.

For each race, you see:
  <StartingResource index="Minerals"   value="50" />

You can change 50 to anything you want and you will start out with that number of minerals.

Now, if you add another line and replace "minerals" with "Vespene," you can get this:
  <StartingResource index="Vespene"   value="50" />

You can change 50 to anything you want and yada yada.

Only problem is, I don't know how to stop the AI from getting the same resources as well.