reapers pwn protoss

Started by pixartist, March 02, 2010, 07:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixartist

Well, in early - mid game protoss can't seem to defend against reapers... they continued to build zealots...

BoBoStariaN

gg.sc2

Well basically any mobile unit that can harass and kill probes "early-mid-game" will pwn protoss. If you're rushing early game, you can expect AI to lose every single time. Lets hope 6.0 changes that.

chetjan

well reapers got slightly nerfed now so I feel they are fine.

itsarabbit

Quote from: chetjan on March 03, 2010, 05:37:39 PM
well reapers got slightly nerfed now so I feel they are fine.
And Protoss mothership got nerfed for the hell of it.
Want Beta key! :D

kdronez

MotherShip dont have place in SC 2 it have to be removed (pearsonal opinion :> )and they have to put the good old Arbiter.

chetjan

gg.sc2

Mothership is fine. It's basically an arbiter with a new look. Skills are based on the same concept, they just look different. I just don't like having "1" of this "new arbiter".

kdronez

Totaly agree its arbiter with new look,but IDK man Arbiter was better I think and you can make more units invulnarable,and you can have more than 1  :>.When I 1st saw MotherShip I was wait wait wait so I will make 10 Battles and this crapy ship will suck them all in and kill them WTF xD.

Artanis186

Quote from: kdronez on March 04, 2010, 07:14:55 AMTotaly agree its arbiter with new look,but IDK man Arbiter was better I think and you can make more units invulnarable

invisible*

I personally prefer the Mothership. It can cloak buildings. BUILDINGS! Who doesn't wanna cloak their buildings? :D

kdronez

Quote from: Artanis186 on March 04, 2010, 07:23:07 AM
Quote from: kdronez on March 04, 2010, 07:14:55 AMTotaly agree its arbiter with new look,but IDK man Arbiter was better I think and you can make more units invulnarable

invisible*

I personally prefer the Mothership. It can cloak buildings. BUILDINGS! Who doesn't wanna cloak their buildings? :D
I dont mean invisible man I mean invulnarable you know with stasis field xD.

blood_hound

wow.. im really having a hard time going against protoss on 1 on 1 using terrans, i got off 5 reapers, about 8 marauders and 15 marines, and also add up 3 - 5 hellions and he sends me a pack of zealots (about 8) 5 stalkers, 3 immortals.. then.. THE END :(

the Humans are not EXTINCT!!!

kdronez

When you see big wave coming just go behinde your block :>.Protoss units will start to try to destroy your supply depos and you will have enough time to kill them :>.Also when you advance use bunkers you can destroy them and get your resources back anyway  xD.Cheating AI 5.5 is kinde a stupid after you push back 1st 2-3 waves :>.This is my conclusion after 20+games vs it xD.I'm rly looking to 6.0 it will be awesome if they add all that features \,,/ xD.

Gamewiz

First off, Reapers only destroy Protoss when the player (in this case the AI) does not micro his units. Stalkers with blink can easily destroy Reapers. Reapers have such little health, any amount of resistance will utterly destroy them. Now throw in a couple Sentries with force fields to block escape routes, and those Reapers are done.

Quote from: blood_hound on March 04, 2010, 09:40:28 AM
wow.. im really having a hard time going against protoss on 1 on 1 using terrans, i got off 5 reapers, about 8 marauders and 15 marines, and also add up 3 - 5 hellions and he sends me a pack of zealots (about 8) 5 stalkers, 3 immortals.. then.. THE END :(

First off, Reapers should not be apart of your main army. That's not their purpose. They are a harassment unit ONLY. Sending them with your main army completely negates their purpose, and what they are good at.

If you are massing a bio-army like that, then get medivacs and research stim. Stimming your units, while having your medivacs repair the damage, will make your army twice as effective. If you did that, your army would've easily destroyed what the protoss sent your way.

Kingdom

@anyone having trouble in TvP;

Explore your options. 90% of noobs are losing games even on battlenet in TvP because they simply don't explore their options.

Build variety(Try these and rape)
1.Block choke with racks; either go for reaper harass, or never touch your racks again.
2.Tech straight to Starport, make banshees. After about 3-4 make a raven. Use Point Defense + Banshee massive ground damage to rape.
3. If enemy for SOME REASON counters you (Pheonix's), tech cloak; and focus out any observers- Or the extreme hard counter, start making Battlecruisers, These will get semi-countered by voidrays, but phoenix hit them for 2-3 damage only.

Option 2:
1.Only make 2-3 reapers, go harass probes; this must be early as most AI tends to make noobcannons.
2.If you are going marauders vs IMMORTALS; You WILL get raped, unless of course you massively out-number their forces. Tech to either Ghosts (best overall counter) and EMP shot their IMMORTALS to remove their insane shield! - Or - Get Medivac Dropships to help reduce your damage as well; Raven also works, but is a higher tech.

Side note: Thors are not the answer to everything. You will not enjoy doing 10 damage to Immortals and in turn being dismantled by them.

-- These strats are NOT entirely made to versus AI, they are what I use on Battle.net to win probably 90% of my TvP matches; as well as the common strats being displayed in other people's games. If you watch Platinum ladder 1v1's, you will rarely see zealots in Protoss' PvT, even more rarely see a Hellion. Enjoy.