game speed

Started by jubs, March 04, 2010, 10:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubs

hi,

i've got 2 questions related to the game speed.

1) in bnet they play with speed fastest, don't they? so if i want to have the same speed as they do, i have to press '+' twice (the fastest speed - i play with lazylaunch), haven't i? when i watch a livestream, i have the impression, that it is not that fast :/. am i mistaken?

2) when i watch a replay and i want to see the speed the players were using, what speed do i have to set? also fastest? what confuses me here is, that if i set the speed to fastest the seconds count too fast. so i wonder if the "original speed of the game" equals fast or faster in a replay!?

kinda stupid questions, but i'm confused  :o

Gamewiz

On ranked games, they play on the "fastest" speed setting. This goes for the replay as well, as that should be set to fastest. The reason why the seconds count too fast is because technically even though fastest is the "default" setting, the true real-time setting is normal.

Of course, I always find this hilarious because I've noticed some people on the beta forums complaining about how the fights don't last that long in SC2, and there isn't enough time to properly micro... Well of course not! They've got the speed set to fastest! Dumbasses... If it was such a big issue, then slow the speed down for ranked games to fast or normal.

That complaint on the forums always cracks me up.

itsarabbit

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 04, 2010, 10:49:05 AM
On ranked games, they play on the "fastest" speed setting.
Hmm, does ladder game equal ranked?
cause I heard somewhere that "faster" is the correct speed for ladder games, but Im not really sure what ladder games are.
Want Beta key! :D

Gamewiz

Quote from: itsarabbit on March 04, 2010, 11:20:55 AM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 04, 2010, 10:49:05 AM
On ranked games, they play on the "fastest" speed setting.
Hmm, does ladder game equal ranked?
cause I heard somewhere that "faster" is the correct speed for ladder games, but Im not really sure what ladder games are.

As far as I'm aware, it's one in the same, just two different words. Ranked or ladder, you are basically getting points and are rated in your games, placing you in a position depending on how good you are.

gg.sc2

The game speed for which ladder games will be played on is "Faster" in SC2. There is no "Fastest". You guys are confusing the settings with SC1, which had the "Fastest" option.

In replays, the setting for actual speed that players should be playing at is also "Faster". There's only Fast. Faster. Fasterx3. Fasterx6.
And of course, slow.

Yes, the timer is off. It's quite faster than real-time seconds. But how Blizz created the game and the timer, that's how we'll be playing it. Faster.

Gamewiz

Quote from: gg.sc2 on March 04, 2010, 02:09:53 PM
The game speed for which ladder games will be played on is "Faster" in SC2. There is no "Fastest". You guys are confusing the settings with SC1, which had the "Fastest" option.

In replays, the setting for actual speed that players should be playing at is also "Faster". There's only Fast. Faster. Fasterx3. Fasterx6.
And of course, slow.

Eh, technicalities. ;) It's merely a typo, nothing more.

chetjan

wow such a small technicality to point out lol