StarCrack Launcher Rev 53 with DEBUGGING Features Preview Download

Started by usmc23, March 06, 2010, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gyorokpeter

Quote from: usmc23 on March 10, 2010, 10:31:14 AM
If you are using Windows XP SP3 and getting a "Open Map Error" try using the "Set Map Path" feature.

I'm getting the "Open Map Error" on Windows 7, both with the default map path and custom one. The modified maps work in LazyLaunch, however the teams don't work that way and give an error message:
Trigger Error in
'gt_MeleeInitialization_Func':
Parameter out of bounds in
'PlayerGetAlliance' (value: 10, min:
Passive, max: 9)

Necavi

Can you please change the layout a bit? as it is it is far too tall for someone with a small screen (1280x800) and maybe move some of the extra spaces? This launcher is the biggest size, while other launchers with similar or more features tend to be much smaller and use their space much more efficiently.

usmc23

We are revamping the UI out right now, if you are using LazyLauncher at this point thats kinda stupid, to fix the problem with "Unable to Open Map" it is because your users directory is on another hard drive than SC2, you need to run with the Launcher with admin rights.

You will also need to create a C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache folder.

If you are using NON-ENGLISH charectors in your user directory path make a new user and run the launcher from that user.

daazblah

Quote from: usmc23 on March 09, 2010, 07:55:07 PM
Quote from: bhp255 on March 09, 2010, 07:41:47 PM
Is anyone else having "Out of memory" errors when using this?
I've tried it with the maps uploaded on OP, tried with 1v1, 1v3, 2v2, tried it with and without AI, and even reinstalled SC2 to no avail.
I keep getting the "Out of memory" crashes. (oh yeah, fully updated too)

Any suggestions? Or anyone experiencing the same?

You need to have installed the virgin map pack found on the first topic.  Im going to upload rev 40 which will let you set your own map paths.

Yeah, so.. i dont have that folder and i'm still getting this error... reinstalled , deleted all folders having to do anything with sc2 *everywhere*, installed the virgin map pack, patched starcraft to beta 4.. using  rev 40 launcher...

Any ideas? Anyone?

daazblah

Quote from: daazblah on March 10, 2010, 06:41:11 PM
Quote from: usmc23 on March 09, 2010, 07:55:07 PM
Quote from: bhp255 on March 09, 2010, 07:41:47 PM
Is anyone else having "Out of memory" errors when using this?
I've tried it with the maps uploaded on OP, tried with 1v1, 1v3, 2v2, tried it with and without AI, and even reinstalled SC2 to no avail.
I keep getting the "Out of memory" crashes. (oh yeah, fully updated too)

Any suggestions? Or anyone experiencing the same?

You need to have installed the virgin map pack found on the first topic.  Im going to upload rev 40 which will let you set your own map paths.

Quote from: usmc23 on March 09, 2010, 08:31:28 PM
Quote from: jackowacko on March 09, 2010, 08:24:36 PM
So far, I've installed starcraft and patched it to patch 4 (the latest one currently).

I downloaded your virign map pack (The original battle net maps i Assume).

Placed it in the correct directory.

Yet while it goes to the loading screen, after a while I get the out of memory error. Ive read the whole post and cannot find a solution... Please help!

Goto: c:\users\namr\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\ and rename the battle.net folder to something else.

6 player maps and map folder picking will be in rev 40 tonight.

Yeah, so.. i dont have that .bnet folder to rename and i'm still getting this error... reinstalled , deleted all folders having to do anything with sc2 *everywhere*, installed the virgin map pack, patched starcraft to beta 4.. using  rev 40 launcher...

Any ideas? Anyone?

K, so i renamed

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\battle.net to  something else, and i still crash with the out of memory error..

am i missing something?? is there any other fix for this?

chikopaws

Quote from: SCFan68 on March 10, 2010, 10:38:37 AM
QuoteI noticed this too, and i've yet to find all of the maps. Everything I find has AI built in, and I want official maps.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZTC2JUZP
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LY2WD11T

I notice in your map pack, there are some 'novice' map?

have any idea what's the diffrence is??

mariomaniac33

Quote from: chikopaws on March 10, 2010, 10:16:36 PM
I notice in your map pack, there are some 'novice' map?

Novice maps are basically "easier versions" of the maps. Rocks and watch towers are conveniently placed so that both players have a strategic advantage against rushing and the like.

@Topic: I don't know if this has been mentioned, but any chance on making the splash screen optional? It sucks if your maps have loading images integrated...  :(

flatounet

work "fine" for me but ,

when i restart the game (after lose/won)  ,the screen froz at boot screen ,with bar on bottom

SC2 crash ,i do CTR +Shift + del for kill process ...

DFA

who the hell would want 3 players to share 1 start location?

SCFan68

QuoteI notice in your map pack, there are some 'novice' map?

Novice maps are the same for the most part, except that the opening/ramp leading into your base will be rocked off.  It's designed to keep people from rushing.  You'd have to break out of your own base, and break into the other base.. that will take alot of extra time. 
I don't endorse this style of play. I just wanted to get the original, full 14 maps out there for those who wanted them.

Artanis186

Quote from: SCFan68 on March 11, 2010, 11:59:35 AMI just wanted to get the original, full 14 maps out there for those who wanted them.

14? There are 14 maps? I thought there were only like, 6 or so.

Bt

Quote from: Artanis186 on March 11, 2010, 06:30:42 PM
Quote from: SCFan68 on March 11, 2010, 11:59:35 AMI just wanted to get the original, full 14 maps out there for those who wanted them.

Seven original maps, seven novice versions of the original maps

usmc23

Rev 44 proof of concept: Repairing the Singleplayer Skirmish Menu.  Also DO NOT SEND ME PM's on here I dont check them, if you want to get ahold me go to IRC #sc2c.

tyrindor

Quote from: Bt on March 11, 2010, 08:27:38 PM
Quote from: Artanis186 on March 11, 2010, 06:30:42 PM

Seven original maps, seven novice versions of the original maps

9 original maps.