StarCrack Launcher Rev 53 with DEBUGGING Features Preview Download

Started by usmc23, March 06, 2010, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamewiz

Can someone post a different link? The limitations of this download site is absolutely stupid...

stathisdjs

usmc23, I honestly, need your source code. Or just compile it, to skip checking for the registry and look if the launcher is in the sc2 folder.

kblood

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 07, 2010, 12:11:27 PM
Can someone post a different link? The limitations of this download site is absolutely stupid...
http://dionysus.dk/SC2/S2Launcher_Unsupported_v25.rar
and
http://dionysus.dk/SC2/Maps/
I opened the the maps pack. It was only 2 mb smaller, and I might end up saving a bit bandwidth this way.
Btw. this mod might corrupt your SC2 install. I had to reinstall to be able to view replays again after having this one installed. Probably because mis clicking might cause corruption in the map files it uses. I would recommend waiting for next version, or at least be prepared that you might have to reinstall SC2 again.

bignamethefer

finally! race selection! gj! i hope you'll add team selection, too. i want to be teamed up with ai

Blackcode

usmc23

This is NOT a front end for lazy launcher and it will work with the newest patch, ill post a new update today.  As far as replays go im going to see if I can find a work around cause you guys are right replays break with different MapInfos.

You can set slots to "human" so you can choose how many computers you want to play against, and ill add a option to set where the SC2 folder is so it doesn't have to be in the registry.

Excellent feed back, and if someone here wants to work on the graphics of the launcher we are def looking for more people just PM me on IRC.

usmc23

If you are getting a GREEN color and you did not set your color to green, do ctrl-f in game.  This toggles coloring Allies green and enenies Red.

ScubaSteve3465

usmc23

Quote from: ScubaSteve3465 on March 07, 2010, 03:39:15 PM
This doesnt have team selection yet does it?

The guy that did team selection took our stuff and figured out team selection and we can't get ahold of him, what I was hoping people would do is join our team instead off coming up with knock off launchers and adding one new feature to it : ).

And team selection is really glitchy for the AI atm anyway in that guys launcher.

creamsoda

QuoteThis is NOT a front end for lazy launcher and it will work with the newest patch

Actually, it doesn't... it will load up SC2 but only Patch 14133. It doesn't load up the latest patch which is 14259...

Zealots have 60 shield.. that's how you know it's using patch 14133.

Artanis186

Nice launcher. Great job discovering this stuff. Unfortunately, I'm an aesthetic freak and this... is just ugly. :P

I'm glad you found this stuff though, other teams are obviously adapting this and it's going well.

Katie Drake

Oh look, I'm stuck again. Who would've guessed?  :P

Alright, I've looked into the Battle.net Cache folder and I'm not seeing any maps in there. So I took the Maps.zip thing linked in the first post in this thread and extracted the maps into a a folder I created called Maps in the Starcraft II Beta folder. I then tried to run the S2Launcher_Unsupported deal, but it didn't detect any maps at all. Clearly I've done something wrong (again). Any generous souls out there willing to lend a gal a hand?

Thanks!

Ryusai

Quote from: Katie Drake on March 07, 2010, 05:11:20 PM

Alright, I've looked into the Battle.net Cache folder and I'm not seeing any maps in there. So I took the Maps.zip thing linked in the first post in this thread and extracted the maps into a a folder I created called Maps in the Starcraft II Beta folder. I then tried to run the S2Launcher_Unsupported deal, but it didn't detect any maps at all. Clearly I've done something wrong (again). Any generous souls out there willing to lend a gal a hand?

Thanks!

Where did you put the maps? I had that issue a second ago and figured that i misplaced some of my files.

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Maps

is where i put my maps to fix it. It was in

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Maps\Cache

when it wasnt detecting any maps.

kblood

Quote from: Ryusai on March 07, 2010, 06:27:04 PM
Quote from: Katie Drake on March 07, 2010, 05:11:20 PM

Thanks!

Where did you put the maps? I had that issue a second ago and figured that i misplaced some of my files.

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Maps

is where i put my maps to fix it. It was in

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Maps\Cache

when it wasnt detecting any maps.
I still do not understand this launcher, I did get it working with the starlauncher. I hope you get hold of that guy. It seems he put all the working code into his launcher. I think that is why he did not enable color selection. Now we just need team AI.
Also I do not like having several different AI, although I guess it has its uses.
I followed this guide:
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/not-enough-pylons/how-to-view-your-own-replays-(with-full-instructions-on-how-to-install-the-game)/
And then I made my own guide:
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/a-chinese-launcher-for-selecting-race-color-and-observer/
Well and added it to their guide. I guess most people will prefer your method if they can get it working, since it is a simpler way of making all maps have AI, and since I have met a wall failing to add AI to some maps.

Ucyrin