StarCrack Launcher Rev 53 with DEBUGGING Features Preview Download

Started by usmc23, March 06, 2010, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFan68

Quote from: creamsoda on March 09, 2010, 06:34:34 AM
ok, it seems like this launcher permanently alters your maps, so make sure you have a backup copy of all your maps, cuz this launcher changes them..

there's also a few bugs.. the team functions don't work properly on certain maps.

I wondered about this as well now.. After the other launcher and it's map changing, I keep a close eye on my map files now. And I noticed that when I play with this launcher now, the file.date stamp changes on the map I used. However, I didn't investigate further to see if it's actually changed, or was just time/date stamp change.

Servitor

This is a bucketful of fail for me because as per the directions:

<<Copy all of your maps from the
c:\users\<yourname>\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\cache
to:
C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Maps>>

Well, my maps are not in that file, and the Starcraft II beta client is not in the file stated above. Does this mean I have to re-install the game and create that file path file so that your program will work with it?

There are no teams, when I select teams, it just starts as a normal FFA

LebK

@ Servitor you need to have your maps here,
C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Maps

If you don't have the maps download the mappack from here
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-scripts/starcraft-2-beta-offline-ai-maps/

Delete any file with (2x or above) these are maps that were scripted with AI. It is pretty useless now with this launcher, but they have the original load screen which I think is cool.

Make sure in Player Controller you select AI. Then make sure in Team selection that you put the AI's on the desired teams.

The path that was stated is the default path that Starcraft 2 beta is installed into for Windows English versions. If your copy is not installed there then either you changed it or you have a different langauage version of windows. If so, it is still in the same spot but just in whatever language windows is in. If you are using an English version just uninstall and reinstall the game and do the stated instructions.

Hope that is helpfull.

bhp255

yup, same error as kreed
e_errorIdMemory
(254,744,817 bytes)
"Core: out of memory"

hm... deleted all files in cache, still crashing
and yes, sc2 fully updated (14259)

i guess ill try to reinstall SC2 and see if it works :\

Servitor

@ Lebk

Thanks the launcher is working, but it's using the old bogus AI not, 6.1

At least I know the launcher is working

usmc23

Russian version cause alot of problems I dont have a Russian OS version so I can't test it, if you are getting errors MAKE SURE you are using the original SC2 maps found on the first topic.  If teams don't work for you than DOWNLOAD THE MAPS that are in the first post : ).

Maps already scripted for AI probley will NOT work sense alot of people made some really hacky implementations.  The launcher will automatically modify virgin maps to add in A.I.

Your right I need to change the readme sense you dont have to copy the maps from the cache anymore download them from the first post.

bhp255

Clean installation, just put in the 6.1.1 AI, downloaded the maps, and tried it again...
and it crashed again :(

Servitor

I used the maps that I downloaded with the original post and the comp AI's still were bogus, I definitely have 6.1 installed

usmc23

Quote from: Servitor on March 09, 2010, 01:17:39 PM
I used the maps that I downloaded with the original post and the comp AI's still were bogus, I definitely have 6.1 installed

What do you mean "bogus".

bhp255

Servitor

Quote from: usmc23 on March 09, 2010, 01:18:31 PM

The Comps are using the old AI where they build very few units and never attack. Like the original AI hack.

mediavieja

Quote from: Servitor on March 09, 2010, 01:25:17 PM
Quote from: usmc23 on March 09, 2010, 01:18:31 PM

The Comps are using the old AI where they build very few units and never attack. Like the original AI hack.

mmmm sounds to me that u havent replace ur Base.SC2Data on ur StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod for the one that came with AI 6.1.1, cause the AI ur mentioning is the default AI

ImWaitingforStarcraft3

downloaded rev 35, but when I open it on the lower right side under "Credits" it says rev 34

Just letting you know

creamsoda

ok after messing around a bit more with this launcher, here's what I've found out:

1. Kula's Ravine map does NOT work properly on this launcher in Team Mode. All other maps work fine in 2v2 & 1v3 modes.

2. The settings of the launcher doesn't change unless I exit and restart it. So for example, if I play a 2v2 game, then afterwards I decide to play a 1v3 game, I would have to exit the launcher and restart it for it to work in 1v3 mode.

usmc23

Rev 38 is up added Shared bases to one map which is included in the Zip file.  If you want to try and fix the other MAPS so shared base's work add _TeamMap to ur map filename or the spawn points wont be saved, we don't know why they don't work in the other maps im just assuming cause there isn't enough room.

I wonder how many people jack this and put it in there launcher : ), just credit us please.  As far as Kulias Revine im playing that map now and it works fine.